Another PR disaster

Started by sligoman2, April 23, 2019, 11:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Kickham csc on May 03, 2019, 11:02:11 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2019, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 02, 2019, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 02, 2019, 03:58:14 PM
I think the 'facts'  here the community built a facilty which was in use bu a cocker club and an athlethic club . but as is the way of most soccer clubs  it  eventually became defuct as did the athletic club so the GAA in need of Space took over the lease of the grounds from the  community council , the field is still known as the soccer pitch but is in reality a GAA pitch same as any other GAA pitch  and Subject to the same rules .

You mean Killea FC who use the pitch?

Come on lads, get real here. Soccer was played on a soccer pitch. If the GAA took it over the goals and markings would be GAA ones.

Think what you are arguing. The GAA pay a lease on and maintain a soccer pitch for the soccer community?!? All media states its a soccer pitch, used to play soccer.

No one said anything about soccer goals or markings. The pitch being talked about is known locally as the soccer pitch. You're been caught bullshitting and are refusing to accept you were wrong.

Baile Brigín 2, just checking if the following is correct.

Killea FC pitch located at Hillview Manor Road Killea

Naomh Colmcille GAA club, located off N13  Moylemoss, Newtowncunningham,

Does Killea play in Newtowncunningham or Killea?

According to their internet, both.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 03, 2019, 11:20:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2019, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 02, 2019, 04:28:42 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 02, 2019, 03:58:14 PM
I think the 'facts'  here the community built a facilty which was in use bu a cocker club and an athlethic club . but as is the way of most soccer clubs  it  eventually became defuct as did the athletic club so the GAA in need of Space took over the lease of the grounds from the  community council , the field is still known as the soccer pitch but is in reality a GAA pitch same as any other GAA pitch  and Subject to the same rules .

You mean Killea FC who use the pitch?

Come on lads, get real here. Soccer was played on a soccer pitch. If the GAA took it over the goals and markings would be GAA ones.

Think what you are arguing. The GAA pay a lease on and maintain a soccer pitch for the soccer community?!? All media states its a soccer pitch, used to play soccer.

No one said anything about soccer goals or markings. The pitch being talked about is known locally as the soccer pitch. You're been caught bullshitting and are refusing to accept you were wrong.
Because it is a soccer pitch...

Why would the GAA operate a functioning soccer pitch?

I've asked already, but who owns the lease then?

EDIT - Found out myself. GAA lease the pitch free of charge from the Parish.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Then it's controlled by the GAA and that rule (6.40??) applies.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2019, 01:11:12 PM

Absolutely, but it was just in relation to BB2 maintaining the GAA didn't have a lease on the soccer pitch that was confusing me. But it seems he was incorrect. 

Baile Brigín 2

And Rule 42 every weekend? Yet the snitch didnt bother reporting that.

Lads, if you believe the GAA control a soccer pitch at a cost on behalf of a soccer club I have some magic beans for sale.

Rossfan

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 03, 2019, 01:33:21 PM

Absolutely, but it was just in relation to BB2 maintaining the GAA didn't have a lease on the soccer pitch that was confusing me. But it seems he was incorrect.
That soccereejit lives in a parallel Universe ::)

trueblue1234

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 03, 2019, 01:53:10 PM
And Rule 42 every weekend? Yet the snitch didnt bother reporting that.

Lads, if you believe the GAA control a soccer pitch at a cost on behalf of a soccer club I have some magic beans for sale.

I don't know why you are amending your claims each time. Now it's at a cost? A lease is a lease. The value of that lease is irrelevant.

Regardless, if you can point to something that would prove the articles that I've read wrong, then I'm quite happy to accept that the GAA didn't have a lease (As I'm only going on the media reports I've read and I know the media is not always right). But at the minute I've read a number of articles that state the GAA have a lease of the pitch. So, and apologies if this sounds rude, given the nature of a lot of your posts to take pot shots at the GAA (And some rightly) I am going to need a bit more from you than some childish post about beans to make me believe you are correct.   

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

2 fines of €250 and no home adult games for 12 weeks.
So obviously still guilty of breach of rules.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2019, 08:50:04 PM
2 fines of €250 and no home adult games for 12 weeks.
So obviously still guilty of breach of rules.

Dont understand the bitterness towards the club/soccer. The only thing the club is guilty of helping is helping a member of the community . I thought that's what the GAA is all about.. Apparently not here though. I wonder what will the fine go towards? I doubt they county board will donate it to MND research. I also wonder is the ahole who submitted the complaint happy with the verdict today

Lar Naparka

Why so?  If the GAA don't own the property, who dictates the terms of the lease.? Imo, the parish should unless the terms of the lease expressly stated otherwise.
In any event, nobody here seems to have a clue about the real state of affairs. It's hearsay or downright prejudice all the way. We may never get the real story but  nobody involved in the parish is willing to spill the beans.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

thewobbler

If they accept a €500 fine and the senior team home match ban, it's indication enough that the rules were flouted.

Let's leave aside the good nature of why they were flouted.

manfromdelmonte

You'd wonder what parallel universe some people in the GAA are living in.

I don't understand the animosity towards soccer.
At least junior soccer leagies are able to orgasnise their fixtures properly for a season

dublin7

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 04, 2019, 02:26:43 PM
Why so?  If the GAA don't own the property, who dictates the terms of the lease.? Imo, the parish should unless the terms of the lease expressly stated otherwise.
In any event, nobody here seems to have a clue about the real state of affairs. It's hearsay or downright prejudice all the way. We may never get the real story but  nobody involved in the parish is willing to spill the beans.
The story is that the the community decided to raise funds for one of their own. The GAA club allowed the use of the pitch and some bitter, small minded individual submitted a complaint to the county board that soccer was played on a GAA pitch.To that scum I can only say I don't know how you sleep at night

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 05, 2019, 08:51:37 AM
You'd wonder what parallel universe some people in the GAA are living in.

I don't understand the animosity towards soccer.
At least junior soccer leagies are able to orgasnise their fixtures properly for a season

I bet these are the same people who think the GAA was right not to allow the Omagh fundraiser etc.