The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Oddly enough you can still bet on WI on Betfair, with 97% of the votes counted and a 20000+ gap.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

passedit

Quote from: gallsman on November 04, 2020, 12:33:11 PM
The Detroit votes that came in (Wayne County) were about 140k out of 150k for Biden and only 55% of count complete.

Looking more and more like a Biden win. A PA win would seal it decisively.

PA makes it decisive but tweet below sets the path for a Biden win which is looking most likely now. My sister and BIL voted in Bucks County and went to bed distraught last night. Still not happy as they expect civil unrest for a tight Biden win. (there've been tanks on Philly streets all week).

QuoteNate Silver
@NateSilver538
ยท
1h
If Biden wins AZ, NV, MI and WI that's ballgame. He could lose PA, GA and NC and he'd still have 270.
Don't Panic

gallsman

Of course. When I say "decisively" I mean there's little ground for Republican moaning and litigation.

PA still very much in play. 1.4m outstanding absentee ballots to be factored in.

sid waddell

Trumpets in a diner on Fox now moaning about "too many people voting"

Main Street

I woke up to Trump's so called victory speech at 9am but to my ears it sounded more like a refuse to accept defeat speech.
Then I had a look at Michigan,  46.1% for Biden but still counting,  30 mins later it 47.5% The needle was moving faster than the fuel needle in my jeep.
MI +WI+NV  + 238 = ByeDon.   PA is not forgone,  the Biden bullet (mail votes)  has yet to bite

sid waddell

I think Biden will end up winning the popular vote by a massive amount

And he could take every remaining state

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sid waddell on November 04, 2020, 01:01:27 PM

I think he's going to take all remaining ones bar Alaska myself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

whitey

Looks like advantage Biden to me at this stage but still a lot of votes left to count

Bigger news is that Republicans seem to have held the senate

So even if Biden gets in his agenda is going nowhere.

Main Street

There won't be a car not honking in Delaware this evening.

gallsman

Quote from: sid waddell on November 04, 2020, 01:01:27 PM

Oh that's an absolute given. Still a huge number of uncounted votes in likes of CA and NY

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 04, 2020, 01:04:37 PM
I think he's going to take all remaining ones bar Alaska myself.

Never seen any data on NC for a while but think that was still looking like staying red. GA still very close. PA who knows but you'd hope/assume vast majority of those 1.4m absentee ballots to go to Biden. He has 700k to make up though, meaning he'd need over two thirds of them.

If Biden wins with both PA and GA the narrative is completely different. Ok Florida wasn't as close as hoped and Texas in the same boat, but it's still an overwhelming flip

JoG2

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2020, 12:52:48 PM
I woke up to Trump's so called victory speech at 9am but to my ears it sounded more like a refuse to accept defeat speech.
Then I had a look at Michigan,  46.1% for Biden but still counting,  30 mins later it 47.5% The needle was moving faster than the fuel needle in my jeep.
MI +WI+NV  + 238 = ByeDon.   PA is not forgone,  the Biden bullet (mail votes)  has yet to bite

A laugh out loud moment there.. Know that feeling

sid waddell

Biden has now received more votes than any candidate in history

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 04, 2020, 01:19:52 PM
Biden has now received more votes than any candidate in history

That and $5 gets you a coffee at Starbucks