The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 04, 2020, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 04, 2020, 11:14:18 AM
Some absolutely rampant racism above.

These theories about fear of communism / Catholicism / innate conservative bias among Latinos are exceptionally sweeping. The one that claimed Latinos en masse have fallen foul of propaganda regarding America going communist, is an extraordinary comment. Imagine believing that an entire race is stupid enough to fall for propaganda.

——

There is a chance that Latinos in Florida have a good life. Or at least a demonstrably better life than their family members / ascendants from "home". So they might not want change.

I sincerely hope Trump gets ousted today. But ffs show a bit of decency in your sweeping statements folks.

No racism in my post, I'm very familiar with the Latino community in both the US and in their home countries. Read the reports of what happened in south Florida and quotes from many on both sides of the political divide there - one man quoted a friend who couldn't say he supported Biden in work as he'd lose his job for being a Communist  ::) The Latino communities in other parts of the States aren't heavily Cuban or Venezuelan so aren't as easily affected by the McCarthy-ism. Of course, it doesn't exclude Latinos from other countries from supporting Trump - I used to live with Panamanians based in New York who are huge Trump supporters and even substantial donors.

Also I'm not sure where the racism (defined as "prejudice, discrimination or antagonism... against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group) in my post was... if I'd called all Latinos, Cubans or Venezuelans stupid then yes - but that would be highly hypocritical of me and also blatantly untrue. Anybody who believes a vote for Biden is a vote for Communism, however, deserves the description of "stupid".

I should also point out that a not insubstantial amount of non-Hispanics who voted for Trump thought the choice was between Trump and communism, and they also deserve the moniker of stupid. Possibly even more so as they never experienced the issues of Cuba/Venezuela which understandably could scare anyone around any left wing ideals (even though Biden is miles away from the hard left).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
I cant remember any event having bookies so all over the shop in such a short space of time. Not a good day for people who get paid to make predictions.

Backing Trump at 2/1 then cashing out when he hit 2/5 to throw your money on Biden at 4/1, wait till it drops and Trump is fav only to cash out again!!

Yes those in the bookies will have taken a bashing at the prediction side of things!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bord na Mona man

Around Miami there is an already well established pattern of Cuba exiles voting Republican because the GOP are more hawkish when it comes to Cuban sanctions.

gallsman

Don't forget that Biden was part of the administration that relaxed and opened up to Cuba. Easy material for the Republicans to work with there.

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2020, 11:37:06 AM
At the minute it sounds like Nevada holds and Arizona is OK for Biden.

It's all about Wisconsin and Michigan... Pennsylvania is a big gap but it's going to close it looks Republican leaning though given Ohio.

I think Michigan will be Biden but Wisconsin is going to be paper thin I reckon! It can't be called without Nevada though and that's not going to be until Thursday night at the earliest.

In Wisconsin most places have counted, more or less, except Green Way has a way to go, and Trump is ahead there. But Milwaukee has 6 times the population and strongly Biden, so even the mopping up there will give Biden a few thousand more. So very tight.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Would it be rude to ask questions about the people who have already put one QAnon candidate in Congress last night, and may elect two more?

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2020, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
I cant remember any event having bookies so all over the shop in such a short space of time. Not a good day for people who get paid to make predictions.

Backing Trump at 2/1 then cashing out when he hit 2/5 to throw your money on Biden at 4/1, wait till it drops and Trump is fav only to cash out again!!

Yes those in the bookies will have taken a bashing at the prediction side of things!

You would be better picking lotto numbers MR than being able to predict that

gallsman

f**k Mike Huckabee. Talking about votes in PA "suddenly getting found".

Captain Obvious

When I went to bed last night the majority of Trump followers was so cocky that they had the race won already and right now it's hilarious to watch them starting to panic and freak out on the fear they will be beaten by sleepy Joe.

armaghniac

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2020, 12:02:45 PM

It's all about Wisconsin and Michigan... Pennsylvania is a big gap but it's going to close it looks Republican leaning though given Ohio.

I think Michigan will be Biden but Wisconsin is going to be paper thin I reckon! It can't be called without Nevada though and that's not going to be until Thursday night at the earliest.

In Wisconsin most places have counted, more or less, except Green Way has a way to go, and Trump is ahead there. But Milwaukee has 6 times the population and strongly Biden, so even the mopping up there will give Biden a few thousand more. So very tight.

Quoting my own post, the late votes in WI seem to be absent ballots and have a higher proportion of Biden. He is 21000 ahead with 20000 more votes to go, so Trump would need a 10% margin to win and some of the districts not finished counting have modest Biden majorities. I'd say Biden will sneak Wisconsin.

macdanger2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2020, 12:28:57 PM

Quoting my own post, the late votes in WI seem to be absent ballots and have a higher proportion of Biden. He is 21000 ahead with 20000 more votes to go, so Trump would need a 10% margin to win and some of the districts not finished counting have modest Biden majorities. I'd say Biden will sneak Wisconsin.

PP not showing odds on WI anymore

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 04, 2020, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2020, 12:28:57 PM

I should have gone in there, instead of posting on GAABoard.

gallsman

The Detroit votes that came in (Wayne County) were about 140k out of 150k for Biden and only 55% of count complete.

Looking more and more like a Biden win. A PA win would seal it decisively.

gallsman

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 04, 2020, 12:30:14 PM

That mad bastard Stew, wherever he is, will be apoplectic.

RedHand88

Looking more and more likely that Biden has rebuilt the blue wall.