The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2012, 11:22:47 PM
i'd say this budget has finished the labour party completely.  fine gael and their sister party fianna fail in coalition next time round i'd say.

I don't want FF ever again and I don't want the same government re-elected, either party for that matter. We have learned what long periods in power do to a country.

However WTF are we going to put in instead of all of the above?

We could end up with no party with over 20% of the vote and a huge raft of lunatic independents.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on December 05, 2012, 11:50:28 PM
i'd say this budget has finished the labour party completely.  fine gael and their sister party fianna fail in coalition next time round i'd say.

I don't want FF ever again and I don't want the same government re-elected, either party for that matter. We have learned what long periods in power do to a country.

However WTF are we going to put in instead of all of the above?

We could end up with no party with over 20% of the vote and a huge raft of lunatic independents.
yep a huge raft of independants is what you already have! all though they are in parties all they are interested in is self preservation they sell their own mothers to remain in politics. what a complete shower of gutless fukers
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Declan

QuoteI've been thinking a dictatorship would be the best way to go,

We have that now - It's called the troika ( and sssssssh don't say it too loudly but the Germans as well)

Nally Stand

Quote from: lawnseed on December 06, 2012, 12:02:08 AM
ben dunne, christy moore, brendan gleesan, mickey harte and jimmy mcguiness. put the rest up against a wall

Here's Christy's take on things as they stand:

"Theres no doubt they have us where they want us.... we seem to have become a nation of docile, obedient shit-takers....with a few exceptions the same galoots are in the driving seat, the banking elite have become, if anything, even more arrogant, the PAYE workers,the poor, the elderly, the infirm, the special needs, these are the ones paying for the sins of the greedy...for the laissez faire attitude of Bertie Ahern and his Government,the Ray (Dublin Bay) Burkes,the Pee Flynns and Ray McSharry's and their team of lickers, the Brian Cowans, Mary Hanaffins, Mary Coughlans, Mary Harneys most of them, and many others, gone out to (the very long) grass with awesome pensions .... the Johnny Ronans,Bernard McNamara's,Tom McFeeleys, and their numerous counterparts are still lingering at the trough.The nameless Banker Tycoons who fed these monsters endless millions to chase sick fantasies, to fuel helicopters and Maybachs, champagne swilling lifestyles, endless acquisitive ego-boosting and criminal behaviours... all these lauded by the same Bertie who suggested that those who tried to call a halt, would be better of committing suicide...What a dirty slur that was. What sort of a ( repeatedly elected ) leader would utter such a crass and low exhortation to his electorate from the platform.... At a time when thousands of families were suffering the pain of such loss and deprivation...
They seem to have us where they want us alright...supine on the couches of the nation, hypnotised by Football, X Factor and Downton Abbey. We are are back again at the same spot...countless thousands pay the price.....Savita Hallappanavar and her family also pay the price for our silence....."
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

As long as Labour leave the Croke Park agreement in place they'll be fine. They get more votes from Public Sector workers than the genuinely poor and it shows.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 06, 2012, 01:06:45 PM
ben dunne, christy moore, brendan gleesan, mickey harte and jimmy mcguiness. put the rest up against a wall

"Theres no doubt they have us where they want us.... we seem to have become a nation of docile, obedient shit-takers....with a few exceptions the same galoots are in the driving seat, the banking elite have become, if anything, even more arrogant, the PAYE workers,the poor, the elderly, the infirm, the special needs, these are the ones paying for the sins of the greedy...for the laissez faire attitude of Bertie Ahern and his Government,the Ray (Dublin Bay) Burkes,the Pee Flynns and Ray McSharry's and their team of lickers, the Brian Cowans, Mary Hanaffins, Mary Coughlans, Mary Harneys most of them, and many others, gone out to (the very long) grass with awesome pensions .... the Johnny Ronans,Bernard McNamara's,Tom McFeeleys, and their numerous counterparts are still lingering at the trough.The nameless Banker Tycoons who fed these monsters endless millions to chase sick fantasies, to fuel helicopters and Maybachs, champagne swilling lifestyles, endless acquisitive ego-boosting and criminal behaviours... all these lauded by the same Bertie who suggested that those who tried to call a halt, would be better of committing suicide...What a dirty slur that was. What sort of a ( repeatedly elected ) leader would utter such a crass and low exhortation to his electorate from the platform.... At a time when thousands of families were suffering the pain of such loss and deprivation...
They seem to have us where they want us alright...supine on the couches of the nation, hypnotised by Football, X Factor and Downton Abbey. We are are back again at the same spot...countless thousands pay the price.....Savita Hallappanavar and her family also pay the price for our silence....."

And I presume this Mr Moore doesn't charge a fortune to get in to his concerts? ::)
And what it has to do with Savita I don't know.
I really get a pain every time some bloody well cossetted singer/musician ( Tax exile Bono e.g) starts berating the well off and alleging to be speaking up for the poor and downtrodden etc.
Most of the poor and downtrodden can't afford the ticket prices to see those hypocrites.
Christy also is supportinf a campaign to stop any exploration for oil off the coast of the afluent southern suburbs of Dublin  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 01:49:37 PM

And I presume this Mr Moore doesn't charge a fortune to get in to his concerts? ::)
And what it has to do with Savita I don't know.
I really get a pain every time some bloody well cossetted singer/musician ( Tax exile Bono e.g) starts berating the well off and alleging to be speaking up for the poor and downtrodden etc.
Most of the poor and downtrodden can't afford the ticket prices to see those hypocrites.
Christy also is supportinf a campaign to stop any exploration for oil off the coast of the afluent southern suburbs of Dublin  :-\

Hard to beat the good aul fashioned Irish begrudgery  ::)

So because Christy Moore is a successful musician he shouldn't be permitted to voice an opinion on the state of Ireland or the people who govern it? Or can he only do so if he doesn't charge people to come to his concerts? He doesn't dodge his taxes like bono and has done more free concerts for countless charities and causes than any other Irish artist that I can think of over the decades.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rossfan

His opinion is no more important than yours or mine so why the need to quote his viewpoint?
Let him join Gaaboard if he wants his opinions here .

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
His opinion is no more important than yours or mine so why the need to quote his viewpoint?
Let him join Gaaboard if he wants his opinions here .

Quote where I said his opinion is important. If anything, you're the one making a veiled (negative) judgement on the importance of his opinion based on nothing more than him being successful at what he does. I posted it because it's often interesting to hear what certain people in the public eye think about things and because I happen to believe that he hits the nail on the head.

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 06, 2012, 02:12:18 PM
So because Christy Moore is a successful musician he shouldn't be permitted to voice an opinion on the state of Ireland or the people who govern it?
And could you Mr Pedantic please point out where I said that?  :P

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 04:06:35 PM
So because Christy Moore is a successful musician he shouldn't be permitted to voice an opinion on the state of Ireland or the people who govern it?

Well if Christy running the country is like Christy in concert he will introduce prohibition never mind a €uro on wine, same as when he plays in concert and has the bar closed to the paying customers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 04:06:35 PM

Right after you provide your quote!

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 01:49:37 PM

That says he shouldn't be allowed express an opinion ?  :o????

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Let him join Gaaboard if he wants his opinions here.

The last thing we need is Christy on here bemoaning the lack of Moorefield involvement on the Kildare panel!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on October 27, 2012, 05:45:32 PM
WANTED.
one site for kids hospital, needs to have good parking and access to good road network. bareface preference given to constituencies of fine gael tds or ministers.

its not urgent the odd child might die or have to be shipped out for treatment but its in the pipeline since 2007.

contractors seeking work should include kickbacks in all quotes. those not on first name terms with fine gael ministers/tds need not apply.

interviews to be held at a constituency office or golf club soon enough

maybe the next time i say something...
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once