Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Tyrones own

QuoteI've wanted it to be removed from the institutions of the state for years before this scandal started breaking, the scandal has simply reinforced my point all the more.
Sure Eamonn...ever ahead of the game but always after the fact  :D
QuoteI cannot isolate God because he doesn't exist.
In you opinion though right? Or is this another one of these times
when you simply know better than everybody else  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 16, 2011, 04:55:56 AM
QuoteI've wanted it to be removed from the institutions of the state for years before this scandal started breaking, the scandal has simply reinforced my point all the more.
Sure Eamonn...ever ahead of the game but always after the fact  :D

Huh?

QuoteI cannot isolate God because he doesn't exist.
In you opinion though right?
Of course it's my opinion. Who else's opinion would it be? 

QuoteOr is this another one of these times
when you simply know better than everybody else  ::)

That would make some sort of sense if "everybody else" believed in god.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Pangurban on July 16, 2011, 02:03:25 AM
You are as well raving there as in Bed

A well I have gained the first attribute of a prophet then.

Hey while we are talking about raving, your the one who believes that a carpenters son from the middle east could walk on water, induce mitosis in bread and fish, turn water into wine, rise from the dead among other quite mad suggestions. You also believe that another man could make an entire sea open up at command and then miracously cave back in to drown his enemies. That two entire cities where tured to salt because they misbehaved a little. Sorry who was the one who was raving again?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Franko

You believe that Edna Kenny is an adequate political leader.

Raving indeed.  ::)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Franko on July 16, 2011, 04:57:07 PM
You believe that Edna Kenny is an adequate political leader.

Raving indeed.  ::)

At least he exists  ;)

mylestheslasher

Mayo - might i suggest the debate on whether god exists or not be left to a different thread. Its a debate worth having of course but not here. Such a debate allows the sheep followers of the catholic church to do what they do best - waffle about things that may or may not have happened 2000 years ago. They are much more comfortable doing that. The Cloyne report is much more recent and more definite. Its finding cannot be argued about. It is here the church worshippers squirm as they come up with more and more ridiculous defences ( eg - Myles is a moan, its the medias fault etc etc). I say keep this debate on the straight and narrow and lets see if these people have anything worth saying.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

When will Sinn Fein and Gerry Adams let us know their opinion on the clerical abuse scandal and their opinion on mandatory reporting? Their silence is deafening.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 16, 2011, 05:25:38 PM
When will Sinn Fein and Gerry Adams let us know their opinion on the clerical abuse scandal and their opinion on mandatory reporting? Their silence is deafening.

Agreed - are they really republicans?? Their problem is that the 6 county nationalists have a large proportion of what i'd call hard core catholics. Its a tribal thing I think and I might add totally alien to the notion of republicanism. Its a reason but its no excuse. Adams should call for the papal nuncio to be expelled as a 1st.

Franko

I've defended nothing. In fact I agree with most of the things you are saying in this thread.

But yeah, you do moan a lot.

Tyrones own

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2011, 05:24:52 PM
Mayo - might i suggest the debate on whether god exists or not be left to a different thread. Its a debate worth having of course but not here. Such a debate allows the sheep followers of the catholic church to do what they do best - waffle about things that may or may not have happened 2000 years ago. They are much more comfortable doing that. The Cloyne report is much more recent and more definite. Its finding cannot be argued about. It is here the church worshippers squirm as they come up with more and more ridiculous defences ( eg - Myles is a moan, its the medias fault etc etc). I say keep this debate on the straight and narrow and lets see if these people have anything worth saying.
Debate, sure you won't debate...like dixey you spit the dummy out and run to mummy at the mere sight of my name .
You're a coward and a self righteous laughing stock at this stage,
Hurry along and pm the Pied Piper so he can relay a reply to this through
nally or mayo ;D
  - Walter Lippmann

boojangles

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 16, 2011, 05:25:38 PM

What has it got to do with Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein? Do you want every TD to publicly clarify his position or just Gerry Adams?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 16, 2011, 11:41:32 PM
Debate, sure you won't debate...like dixey you spit the dummy out and run to mummy at the mere sight of my name .
nally or mayo ;D

Charming.

Got anything to say about clerical abuse?

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 16, 2011, 11:47:08 PM
nally or mayo ;D

Charming.

Doh!...how did I leave you off of that relay team  ???
  - Walter Lippmann

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 17, 2011, 12:17:07 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 16, 2011, 11:47:08 PM
nally or mayo ;D

Charming.

Doh!...how did I leave you off of that relay team  ???

No, I didn't think so.

The Iceman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2011, 05:24:52 PM

Myles I have not come up with any defenses. In fact the majority of people who have countered anything you have to say, have at first condemned the abuse and the abusers and the cover up. They have been equally disgusted at the findings of the report. BUT they have not agreed with you on your proposed solutions or the way in which you have approached even discussing a solution. You show little respect for anyone else or their beliefs unless they line up behind you.

You're a great man for stirring up the shit. You mask it behind republicanism but you're just an unhappy person who likes to moan.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight