Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

balladmaker

The sole purpose of tonight's Nolan show was not to give victims a voice, the purpose was to take out Bishop McAreavey.  That sole objective will probably be realised in the coming days.

Shocking the lack of judgement in the Catholic Church, allowing a known paedophile to go unreported and back into direct contact with children!! Unforgivable.

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on February 28, 2018, 11:42:10 PM
Terrible stuff altogether. Most of us served as alter boys when we were younger and can thank our lucky stars that nothing happened to us.

I remember one time as an alter boy getting a roasting for sniggering during a mass. But yes, I was one of the lucky ones.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

smelmoth

Quote from: balladmaker on February 28, 2018, 11:49:32 PM
The sole purpose of tonight's Nolan show was not to give victims a voice, the purpose was to take out Bishop McAreavey.  That sole objective will probably be realised in the coming days.

Shocking the lack of judgement in the Catholic Church, allowing a paedophile to go unreported and back into direct contact with children!!
All true

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2018, 11:33:12 PM
I am wondering what John Mc Areavey is feeling tonight after all he's been through now having to watch his Uncle filleted as if he was the paedophile

I wonder what John S Parnell would have thought of it all

Orior

Shocking the lack of judgement in the Catholic Church, allowing a known paedophile to go unreported and back into direct contact with children!! Unforgivable.

The show did not need Nolan's crap show biz act. The content and victims were enough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2018, 11:38:26 PM
I know Bishop McAreavy to be a kind, honest and devout priest
Kind to Finnegan's victims? Past and at the the time of the decisions future?

Honest to who? The parents of St Colman's pupils?

Devout? Devout about what exactly?

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2018, 11:55:03 PM

The show did not need Nolan's crap show biz act. The content and victims were enough.

Agreed

dec

I am not familiar with the full extent of the Nolan media empire, is there a TV show as well as the radio show?

ONeill

Maybe I'm wrong but Nolan takes away from the message. He seems to use the topic to put on a performance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on March 01, 2018, 12:05:19 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but Nolan takes away from the message. He seems to use the topic to put on a performance.

He's a p***k of the highest order, I don't believe in one heartfelt message he tries to give, as its all about him, But the platform works , probably only watched him about 10 times over the years, very very rarely listen to him on radio but yes he's getting the message across. The spotlight reporter was doing my box in also, was all we we and I I shit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 12:17:17 AM

Monsters and all that Smyth and Finnegan were

I'm glad you admit some priests were monsters. It's a big step for you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 12:47:22 AM
Ffs show me where I have ever even attempted to in any way excuse these monsters? Go on,trawl through my posts and find one even. I don't regard them as priests even.That in itself would be blasphemy

It's utterly monstrous to move an abuser on from place A to place B. It's utterly monstrous to leave in abuser in Place A. It's utterly monstrous to turn a bind eye to an abuser. You have tried to excuse monsters through lie and deflection. I will speak at your funeral. I will remind all present

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2018, 06:39:13 AM
I have not tried to excuse this.It was totally wrong.I have and will continue to object to the nasty vilification of Sean Brady and Bishop Mc Areavey as if they alone were solely responsible for Smyth and Finnegan.

Name one person who said either of those 2 individuals were solely responsible?

Applesisapples

I went to St Colman's for 7 years. I knew many good priests when I was there. Finnegan was President for my last few years. He was a scruffy individual an a drunk. Loads of rumours about him being fond of the boys. I am not aware though of him being prolific or unnecessarily
violent as is being portrayed. I think perhaps spotlight and Nolan are over egging it. I have defended Bishop McAreavy in the past here but the revelations now of his knowledge and it would appear a failure to disclose information to his fellow governors makes his position untenable.

longballin

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 01, 2018, 10:42:09 AM
I went to St Colman's for 7 years. I knew many good priests when I was there. Finnegan was President for my last few years. He was a scruffy individual an a drunk. Loads of rumours about him being fond of the boys. I am not aware though of him being prolific or unnecessarily
violent as is being portrayed. I think perhaps spotlight and Nolan are over egging it. I have defended Bishop McAreavy in the past here but the revelations now of his knowledge and it would appear a failure to disclose information to his fellow governors makes his position untenable.

Trauma caused by paedo priest being over egged  :o