Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

T Fearon

Sounds like she has been confronted with a difficult scenario and has prevaricated not knowing quite what do to,in spite of having loads of contemporary reference points and templates,not available to Sean Brady in the mid 70s.Unlike Sean Brady she also seems to have gone awol,at least he faced the anti Catholic media

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 02:55:27 PM
Sounds like she has been confronted with a difficult scenario and has prevaricated not knowing quite what do to,in spite of having loads of contemporary reference points and templates,not available to Sean Brady in the mid 70s.Unlike Sean Brady she also seems to have gone awol,at least he faced the anti Catholic media

Did Byrne get the victims to sign Oaths of Silence?

If she did, she should be prosecuted, just like Brady should be prosecuted.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Fact is a hard bitten driven young professional woman,in the contemporary era,has mishandled child abuse allegations and allowed a now convicted paedophile  to continue his career,earning thousands of pounds and,presumably,to have access potentially to her club's young fan base,in spite of knowing far more than Sean Brady knew.

imtommygunn

She knew what he had admitted to police. She didn't keep it a secret from the law.

She should have sacked him for knowing that but she didn't withold, or get information witheld,  from the law.

Ludicrous and pathetic comparison as usual using a terrible topic to try and point score.

T Fearon

She didn't even tell the team manager ffs! She saw all the texts yet allowed him to continue his career,without his team mates or fans knowing.If a nun did this,40 years ago,the anti Catholics here would be apoplectic.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 03:23:08 PM
She didn't even tell the team manager ffs! She saw all the texts yet allowed him to continue his career,without his team mates or fans knowing.If a nun did this,40 years ago,the anti Catholics here would be apoplectic.

How come you want her to resign, but not a single cleric who helped cover up abuse, who got children to sign oaths of silence, who moved people they knew to be pedophiles to new parishes and new children to abuse?

Why do you want only her to resign but defend Brady and co?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Did I say I wanted her to resign? I asked if she was a paedophile enabler.The point I was trying to make is,even today,child abuse allegations are very difficult to deal with,even in the case where the recipient of the allegations is a high powered well paid Chief Executive.How much more difficult must it have been for a young priest to decide what to do,when he received allegations from young boys (not the Police with whatsapp texts like Ms Byrne) way back in the mid 1970s.

T Fearon

And remember Brady reported his findings immediately to his superiors,unlike Ms Byrne.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 04:11:39 PM
And remember Brady reported his findings immediately to his superiors,unlike Ms Byrne.
They did nothing. Johnson gets between 4 and 10 years for sexual abuse of a child. Brady's priests got moved.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 04:10:02 PM
Did I say I wanted her to resign? I asked if she was a paedophile enabler.The point I was trying to make is,even today,child abuse allegations are very difficult to deal with,even in the case where the recipient of the allegations is a high powered well paid Chief Executive.How much more difficult must it have been for a young priest to decide what to do,when he received allegations from young boys (not the Police with whatsapp texts like Ms Byrne) way back in the mid 1970s.

I never heard of Margaret Byrne until you tried to use her to defend Sean Brady's silencing of victims of sexual abuse by Brendan Smyth.

Read that again. 'Sean Brady's silencing of victims of sexual abuse by Brendan Smyth'. And that is what you are defending?

Sean Brady was older than Bynre is now when he silenced those children and then did nothing about Smyth. By then he held a Doctorate in Canon Law. He also was supposed to be a man of God.

You pretend he was a raw tadpole, fresh out of priest nursery school. Which is simply more lies to cover up the other lies, which had to be there to cover up the abuse. Also, while I know nothing of Byrne, I doubt if she hid her involvement behind legal proceedings for over a decade. I doubt if she became CEO of Sunderland because the previous one has resigned over his handling of a pedophile, all the while knowing she had failed to deal with that same pedophile herself.

But then, Brady has one thing that Byrne doesn't. She can't promise Tony Fearon his eternal reward, such that he will abandon any dignity, conscience or integrity he may have had in order to get that reward, for himself. He will come on internet boards and continue to abuse the families of victims of sexual abuse by clerics, all because he thinks his God will reward him for this.

Tony, you might need to think this through a bit better.

MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on March 05, 2016, 03:23:08 PM

Team manager, the law. Yeah i can see where you draw comparisons ::)

The girl may never get over this, it will scar her family, the poor girlfriend of johnston, then there is his family and a child who will come into the world and find out his father is /was a paedophile. All those lives scarred. But sure make comparisons away to point score.

The opinions you hold and the point scoring you do are really not very christian at all.

longballin

Tony still justifying the church paedo coverups... sometimes me think you protest too much lad  ???

seafoid

Anyone who disses Sean Brady is anti catholic but where is that on the Protestant scale?

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2016, 08:36:26 PM
Anyone who disses Sean Brady is anti catholic but where is that on the Protestant scale?

Sean Brady has done more damage to Catholicism in Ireland than all of his critics on this board. Who exactly is the real anti-Catholic?

As far as I know, Brendan Smyth was never defrocked by his superiors, including the Primate of All-Ireland for his last year in jail.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

They had probably given up on him at that stage and knew there would be no point.

Interesting though that a high powered young female chief executive gets a bye ball (pardon the pun) for mishandling child abuse in the modern era yet Sean Brady is hammered for his alleged mishandling of abuse allegations forty years ago when he was a young priest with no influence, and remember,unlike Margaret Burns,he told other people in his organisation.