Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

T Fearon

Yawn.Read the story.Fr Gallagher had an axe to grind,probably about his missed "promotion"

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 10:18:51 AM
Yawn.Read the story.Fr Gallagher had an axe to grind,probably about his missed "promotion"

You are really desperate to believe in the church Tony. Would your whole world collapse if you accepted the truth? Perhaps you need to seek help?

T Fearon

I have fully acknowledged the Church's failings in the past and have condemned them.

But examine the evidence in this specific case,and the faint possibility of any cleric being stupid enough to even try and conceal abuse of children in this day and age,even if they were inclined to try.Sadly it seems that Fr Galllagher is akin to a disgruntled employee.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 11:59:37 AM

I have fully acknowledged the Church's failings in the past and have condemned them.

But examine the evidence in this specific case,and the faint possibility of any cleric being stupid enough to even try and conceal abuse of children in this day and age,even if they were inclined to try.Sadly it seems that Fr Galllagher is akin to a disgruntled employee.

What do you call this day and age, 2016, last 5 years, last 10 years, last 20 years, last 30 years?

T Fearon

This day and age is here and now.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 01:56:19 PM
This day and age is here and now.

You are full of mad dogs shite.

T Fearon

Loss of argument response! Catholic Church is now squeaky clean and has been in recent years in dealing with child abuse,showing both commitment to reform and learning lessons from the past.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 02:26:49 PM
Loss of argument response! Catholic Church is now squeaky clean and has been in recent years in dealing with child abuse,showing both commitment to reform and learning lessons from the past.

Ill ask again what is recent years 2016, last 5 years, last 10 years, last 20 years, last 30 years?  So you are saying the past doesn't matter as long as no member of the Catholic is caught today raping, torturing, abusing young children, their conscious and your's as an upstanding Christian individual are clear?

Man Marker

I genuinely dread to think what is happening in the underdeveloped world where no safeguarding is in place and abusers pretending to be religious men have unregulated access to children

No wides

Quote from: Man Marker on January 30, 2016, 02:54:44 PM
I genuinely dread to think what is happening in the underdeveloped world where no safeguarding is in place and abusers pretending to be religious men have unregulated access to children

Tony has said that the prevalent rampant rape, torture and abuse of very young children does not happen in this day and age, find some comfort in his words, he is after all a man of God, a humble Christian servant here to do Gods work which is dictated to him through such holy figures as Sean Brady.

Man Marker

Quote from: No wides on January 30, 2016, 03:24:40 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on January 30, 2016, 02:54:44 PM

Tony has said that the prevalent rampant rape, torture and abuse of very young children does not happen in this day and age, find some comfort in his words, he is after all a man of God, a humble Christian servant here to do Gods work which is dictated to him through such holy figures as Sean Brady.

I am a practising Catholic, however I don't have my head in the sand, nor was my comment directly at the catholic clergy but all religious faiths. It's the Tonys of the world that colluded due to their innocent blind faith.

Oraisteach

Just read the long and detailed statement provided by the Diocese of Palm Beach (thanks for the link FL/MAYO).  If indeed, events occurred as the statement describes them, then I have to say that the Church should not be faulted and that it acted properly and promptly, and in accordance with its own protocol and the demands of the law.

I truly hope that's the case because, frankly, the news of yet another abuse cover-up in the aftermath of the church's Zero Tolerance policy statements was simply devastating.  I sincerely hope that the diocesan statement is correct and not itself a cover-up crafted by its legal team.

Now I await further news about this case.  I'd love to read an investigative report from a reliable disinterested party to set my mind at ease, and I do hope that the diocesan report is a full and honest report of the Fr. Gallagher incident.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on January 30, 2016, 02:26:49 PM
Catholic Church is now squeaky clean and has been in recent years in dealing with child abuse,showing both commitment to reform and learning lessons from the past.

This isn't the joke thread

From the Bunker

T Fearon

Catholic Church is now squeaky clean,in terms of dealing with child abuse allegations,show me a shred of evidence to the contrary.

More importantly will those who jumped so readily onto Fr Gallagher's bandwagon,confirming their own inherent prejudices,admit they were wrong?