Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Maguire01

Quote from: Hound on May 03, 2012, 11:09:16 AM
Jude Collins definition of morality seems straight out of the same dictionary used by terrorists. If you're own conscience is clear, then you're grand!
I though the same thing myself. I thought morality, for someone so religious, was pretty much defined.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on May 03, 2012, 10:45:59 AM
Forget about the BBC agenda, people have been calling for Brady's resignation for years for his active role in the conspiracy of silence.
No legal case could be built against Brady, resignation would be as good as it gets for the abused.
I'm no legal expert, but for those children that were abused after Brady and his colleagues had been informed that they were in danger - could they not take a civil case against Brady?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Just watching "This World - The Shame of the Catholic Church" on BBC i-player.

Vile.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Ulick

Quote from: nifan on May 03, 2012, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 03, 2012, 01:34:57 PM
nifan, a more realistic parallel is probably the appointment of John Stalker. Outside cop appointed to oversee the clean-up investigation. Look how that worked out.

I dont get what you mean here - in what way is stalker a more realistic parallel?

Read my previous posts regarding the 'magic circle'.

muppet

You know the argument is lost when not a single remotely sensible argument is offered in his defense.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

RTE 1 now, another interview with Brendan Boland, poor, poor lad.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

give her dixie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYv9wKH7CE

This disturbing documentary exposes the Vaticans cover up of child abuse!

Deliver Us from Evil (2006) is a documentary film directed by Amy J. Berg which tells the true story of Irish Catholic priest Oliver O'Grady, who sexually abused potentially hundreds of children between the late 1970s and early 1990s in California.

The film won the Best Documentary Award at the 2006 Los Angeles Film Festival and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.

Just another example of the world wide pedophilia ring that is the Catholic Church.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

SLIGONIAN

This is where the state really angers me, why isnt brady behind bars? Secondly if theres no legal way of doing it in the current system then make fcking new law to throw him behind fcking bars.

This sc**bag knew his slience would get him promoted ffs, theres the karma in this world, thats why he shut up, the note taking is a cover up for his real role which was revealed the other night as investigator.

His greed for power silenced what little of his conscience he had. Jees how anyone can believe in god and catholic church totally bemuses me. angers me.. tbh..in todays world,,, jesus got mad when there was on market on church grounds it says in the bible, the only time he lost his temper, where was he the last 50 yrs in Irish churches ffs when he was needed most, where was jesus in the minds of all those priests who chose silence knowing what was going on.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

give her dixie

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/police-urged-to-probe-abuse-claims-16153220.html

Police should investigate the latest child sex abuse allegations to hit the Catholic Church, Amnesty International has said.

The human rights group said the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) should see if information on abuse was not acted upon.

This comes after Catholic Primate Cardinal Sean Brady defended himself against criticism, insisting he had passed on details of abuse to Church authorities, and claimed others had failed to act as he expected.

Amnesty's Northern Ireland programme director Patrick Corrigan said: "The protection of the rights of children is one of the most precious responsibilities carried by the state.

"Following the very serious allegations carried in this BBC programme, it now falls to the relevant state authorities to investigate whether any criminal laws have been breached.

"In short that means that the PSNI must investigate whether individuals failed to report a crime, an offence under Section 5 of the Criminal Law (NI) Act 1967, and whether any other offences - such as perverting the course of justice or conspiracy to pervert the course of justice - have been committed under Northern Ireland law."

He said authorities in Northern Ireland had to investigate the claims to show no institution is above the law.

This came as Stormont First Minister Peter Robinson said he was deeply disturbed by the latest child sex abuse controversy. But he said the future of Cardinal Brady as Primate was a matter for the Church alone.

Mr Robinson said: "The most recent reports about child abuse within the Catholic Church are deeply disturbing. No one could fail to be moved as victims tell of the traumatic abuse they suffered.

"Today my thoughts are with the many victims who have never received justice and who still live with the mental and physical scars. I assure them of my continued support as they seek answers and justice."

Ulick

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 04, 2012, 12:09:42 AM
This is where the state really angers me, why isnt brady behind bars? Secondly if theres no legal way of doing it in the current system then make fcking new law to throw him behind fcking bars.

This sc**bag knew his slience would get him promoted ffs,
theres the karma in this world, thats why he shut up, the note taking is a cover up for his real role which was revealed the other night as investigator.

His greed for power silenced what little of his conscience he had. Jees how anyone can believe in god and catholic church totally bemuses me. angers me.. tbh..in todays world,,, jesus got mad when there was on market on church grounds it says in the bible, the only time he lost his temper, where was he the last 50 yrs in Irish churches ffs when he was needed most, where was jesus in the minds of all those priests who chose silence knowing what was going on.

Don't talk nonsense. This happened in 1975. Brady wasn't made Bishop until twenty years later.

"His greed for power"
Tell me, what power exactly does he have?

Ulick

Quote from: give her dixie on May 03, 2012, 10:08:37 PM

Deliver Us from Evil (2006) is a documentary film directed by Amy J. Berg which tells the true story of Irish Catholic priest Oliver O'Grady, who sexually abused potentially hundreds of children between the late 1970s and early 1990s in California.

The film won the Best Documentary Award at the 2006 Los Angeles Film Festival and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.

Just another example of the world wide pedophilia ring that is the Catholic Church.

The hyperbole doesn't help or indeed contribute to sensible discussion Dixie.

give her dixie

Quote from: Ulick on May 04, 2012, 01:12:20 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 03, 2012, 10:08:37 PM

The hyperbole doesn't help or indeed contribute to sensible discussion Dixie.

Considering that abuse by priests has been recorded all over the world, and covered up by priests, bishops, cardinals, and the current pope, I stand by my claims that that it /was/is a worldwide pedophilia ring.

If you were to take the time to watch the documentary that I posted you will see for yourself how far up the tree the abuse and cover up went.

ardchieftain

The paedophile apologists on this thread make me sick.

Pangurban

Tally Ho the lynch mob is in full cry, and what an unedifying spectacle it is. Some of the hate filled diatribes against the Cardinal and Church in some posters less than eloquent contributions, reveal their bigotry and real agenda. Whilst claiming concern for victims, they are unable to conceal their glee at the denigration and vilification of a fellow human being. Some of these posters claim to be humanists. God help humanity. I wonder which of them is in a position of moral rectitude, that would permit them to throw the first stone. Yes, the Cardinal made a serious error of judgement. Yes he should resign. But there is no need for hanging,drawing and quartering.    As for the wider Church, have no fear, the impotent, secularist rabble have been baying at the Gates for 2000yrs, they will never prevail. Following a period of reform, readjustment and repentance, the Church will recover its strenght and courage to be a light in the wilderness

give her dixie

Quote from: Pangurban on May 04, 2012, 02:56:18 AM
Tally Ho the lynch mob is in full cry, and what an unedifying spectacle it is. Some of the hate filled diatribes against the Cardinal and Church in some posters less than eloquent contributions, reveal their bigotry and real agenda. Whilst claiming concern for victims, they are unable to conceal their glee at the denigration and vilification of a fellow human being. Some of these posters claim to be humanists. God help humanity. I wonder which of them is in a position of moral rectitude, that would permit them to throw the first stone. Yes, the Cardinal made a serious error of judgement. Yes he should resign. But there is no need for hanging,drawing and quartering.    As for the wider Church, have no fear, the impotent, secularist rabble have been baying at the Gates for 2000yrs, they will never prevail. Following a period of reform, readjustment and repentance, the Church will recover its strenght and courage to be a light in the wilderness

Suffer little children, and protect the church all costs.