Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

As always when played in the right way the game of hurling is hard to surpass and i am a out and out football man who never played hurling.
You watch the dublin cork game on tv and it is easily better for spectators than anything the football has produced this year.

armaghniac

Apart from skill, today's game is close, whereas the likes of Mayo-Donegal wasn't competitive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Why do we get this every time we see a half decent game of hurling?

ONeill

Give me a 7-6 mudfest between Urney and Brocagh any day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

I was waiting for this post too. zzzzz

From the Bunker

Imagine if at the beginning of the year football decided to make their Code Elite and we had 10 team competing for Sam. There was two provincial titles on offer North West with Mayo, Donegal, Tyrone, Down, Galway and South East with Cork, Kerry, Dublin, Meath, Kildare. You'd have a really big game every week in the front door and big games in the back door from June to September. The provincial titles would be much bigger and harder to win and hold more weight. The teams/Counties involved would get better from the top class games, bigger gates and the pundits would turn into the hurling pundits praising the games every week.

babarino

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

If it had been football do you think Treacy would have scored that goal for Dublin?

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2013, 04:09:07 PM
Apart from skill, today's game is close, whereas the likes of Mayo-Donegal wasn't competitive.

Yeah, reminded me of the 2008 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final!

Wildweasel74

Do dublin fans not get fed up booing the opposition all the time

Rois

muppet

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 11, 2013, 04:46:44 PM
Epic game..

Agreed, but completely unreffable. - (Hardy is that a real word?)
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Aristo 60

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM
As always when played in the right way the game of hurling is hard to surpass and i am a out and out football man who never played hurling.
You watch the dublin cork game on tv and it is easily better for spectators than anything the football has produced this year.

Just booked tickets for Limerick & Clare...my first big hurling game, so hoping for a good one.