Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Quote from: AQMP on March 04, 2013, 11:24:30 AM
Fuzzman was going well there until his/her gratuitous insult of Antrim (and Louth) supporters.  Believe me, despair is a form of passion. 

Is this a long winded way of saying every county has them!?!?

As a matter of interest what age were the ones that spoiled yer fun and how old were the ones in the pub in 2008. Its not always the case but to me when a group of lads in their teens or early 20s are at a match together there tend to be this competition to be the funniest or the biggest messer or hard man.
Then of course there is the man (or woman) in their 40's etc who's loud mouthed at the best of times but when he's had a few drinks he's out of control and so shouts things at a match that are very distasteful for most people.
I remember taking my GF to her first Tyrone v Armagh match back in the late 90's. I wasn't prepared for the foul mouthing coming out of some Armagh fans near us but I knew too well I could move down a bit and get the same from some Tyrone fans.

Anyway folks. Do you think it will be a similar style of game in May?
Is McCarron injured or lost his place now in the half back line?

Jinxy

Quote from: trileacman on March 04, 2013, 11:16:14 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 04, 2013, 10:59:21 AM
Big difference between lads 'booing' and arguing with other fans in the stand and somebody being spat at.
Things seem to escalate very quickly at Tyrone club/county games.

What year was that Dublin/Meath league match where missiles were thrown from the crowd at the Dublin players leaving the field? You've a quare short memory my friend.

'Missiles'.  ;D
It was a cup of cold, weak tea.
It probably didn't even have sugar in it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on March 04, 2013, 11:42:34 AM
Quote from: trileacman on March 04, 2013, 11:16:14 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 04, 2013, 10:59:21 AM
Big difference between lads 'booing' and arguing with other fans in the stand and somebody being spat at.
Things seem to escalate very quickly at Tyrone club/county games.

What year was that Dublin/Meath league match where missiles were thrown from the crowd at the Dublin players leaving the field? You've a quare short memory my friend.

'Missiles'.  ;D
It was a cup of cold, weak tea.
It probably didn't even have sugar in it.

I heard it was herbal
That was never a square ball!!

Dinny Breen

Love the way people try to differentiate between supporters who just support the county and are not involved with clubs as opposed to those from clubs who support their county. We've all seen nasty incidents at every level in every county. Sometimes it's hard to control your passion and I'm sure on reflection the supporter involved is pretty embarrassed for himself and his family. We're just a tribal race of people and say and do the insanest things when the blood is up, and as long as do when gets hurt, i don't think I would like to have it any other way.
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2013, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2013, 09:21:09 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 06:31:53 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

As far as I remember it was 2 points last year. In my opinion the players that were missing would have been worth 2 points on the day. Donegal grew with every game and won the all Ireland. I don't think Tyrone could have pushed on like Donegal did.

Fair enough, but would they have made the difference when Tyrone were held scoreless for 35 minutes? Sean Cavanagh played in 2011 and Tyrone still didn't win (and were similarly starved for scores for very long stretchs, losing a five point lead).

Anyway, we can all point to this or that in close games over the years, whether its refereeing decisions or missing players or bad misses or whatever. We were poor today, but had the referee given the second penalty as he should and we scored it, who knows what might have happened?

What second penalty?  I didn't see anything that should have been given as a penalty that wasn't.

As for Tyrone, decent result and considering the number of young players on the team things are progressing well.  Still a lot of talent to come into the team via the like of Coney, Colm Cavanagh, McNabb and Ronan O'Neill.  Cassidy looked very laboured when he comeon yesterday too, surprised he got on given his only recent return to the panel.  What about SONs cross field ball for the goal chance yesterday, unreal.

Ross Wherity was pushed when in close on goal and right as he was about to shoot midway through the second half. Definite foul, as a few of your fellow supporters have acknowledged. I doubt anyone from Donegal will lose any sleep over it, but a penalty should have been awarded.

I was thinking thats the incident in question, but if you get a chance to see it again you will see that Wherity pushed Clarke in the back just before he caught the ball, so if anything a free should have been blown before the subsequent Clarke push.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trasna man

I noticed the Tyrone players were wearing the GPS tracking monitors under their jerseys.  I didn't think it was allowed in competition games.

AQMP

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 04, 2013, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: AQMP on March 04, 2013, 11:24:30 AM
Fuzzman was going well there until his/her gratuitous insult of Antrim (and Louth) supporters.  Believe me, despair is a form of passion. 

Is this a long winded way of saying every county has them!?!?

As a matter of interest what age were the ones that spoiled yer fun and how old were the ones in the pub in 2008. Its not always the case but to me when a group of lads in their teens or early 20s are at a match together there tend to be this competition to be the funniest or the biggest messer or hard man.
Then of course there is the man (or woman) in their 40's etc who's loud mouthed at the best of times but when he's had a few drinks he's out of control and so shouts things at a match that are very distasteful for most people.
I remember taking my GF to her first Tyrone v Armagh match back in the late 90's. I wasn't prepared for the foul mouthing coming out of some Armagh fans near us but I knew too well I could move down a bit and get the same from some Tyrone fans.

Anyway folks. Do you think it will be a similar style of game in May?
Is McCarron injured or lost his place now in the half back line?

I take your point, the boys in 2003 were around 20 and the boys in 2008 were older but I'd say they were in their late 20s.

Wildweasel74

just watched the 1st half their, cant believe Murphy was sent off for that, def free but wasnt even a yellow card. Only person who should been booked was the keeper doing all the slabbering

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 04, 2013, 01:49:37 PM
just watched the 1st half their, cant believe Murphy was sent off for that, def free but wasnt even a yellow card. Only person who should been booked was the keeper doing all the slabbering

Where were you able to watch it at??

Nally Stand

Sliding tackle into a man lying on the ground isn't a yellow card offence?  :o
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

nrico2006

If anyone should have been sent off it should have been Neill Gallagher.  Murphy shouldn't have been sent off.  Murphy slid across for the ball before the Justy McMahon arrived, he didn't slide tackle him as such.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: trasna man on March 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM
I noticed the Tyrone players were wearing the GPS tracking monitors under their jerseys.  I didn't think it was allowed in competition games.

Why would they not be?

Stall the Bailer

I'd say there is a good chance the two could meet again before the championship. Both teams look good to claim a top 4 spot. The chance of semi-final or final meeting is a possibility.

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2013, 12:11:36 PM
Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

As far as I remember it was 2 points last year. In my opinion the players that were missing would have been worth 2 points on the day. Donegal grew with every game and won the all Ireland. I don't think Tyrone could have pushed on like Donegal did.

Fair enough, but would they have made the difference when Tyrone were held scoreless for 35 minutes? Sean Cavanagh played in 2011 and Tyrone still didn't win (and were similarly starved for scores for very long stretchs, losing a five point lead).

Anyway, we can all point to this or that in close games over the years, whether its refereeing decisions or missing players or bad misses or whatever. We were poor today, but had the referee given the second penalty as he should and we scored it, who knows what might have happened?

What second penalty?  I didn't see anything that should have been given as a penalty that wasn't.

As for Tyrone, decent result and considering the number of young players on the team things are progressing well.  Still a lot of talent to come into the team via the like of Coney, Colm Cavanagh, McNabb and Ronan O'Neill.  Cassidy looked very laboured when he comeon yesterday too, surprised he got on given his only recent return to the panel.  What about SONs cross field ball for the goal chance yesterday, unreal.

Ross Wherity was pushed when in close on goal and right as he was about to shoot midway through the second half. Definite foul, as a few of your fellow supporters have acknowledged. I doubt anyone from Donegal will lose any sleep over it, but a penalty should have been awarded.

I was thinking thats the incident in question, but if you get a chance to see it again you will see that Wherity pushed Clarke in the back just before he caught the ball, so if anything a free should have been blown before the subsequent Clarke push.

Didn't see Wherity's push. If true, then yes, it should obviously have been a free out.

nrico2006

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2013, 02:55:22 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2013, 12:11:36 PM

Didn't see Wherity's push. If true, then yes, it should obviously have been a free out.

I had only noticed it last night when watching again as I was curious as to what the hell Clarke was doing as he was caught out of position in front of Wherity and was then trying to defend by facing Wherity and his own goal instead of facing the ball.