Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Deserved win for Tyrone. Good keeper/free taker (his antics around the penalty notwithstanding!). Plenty to work on for ourselves, in particular the fitness necessary for our game plan, but there's plenty of time left till May. Will need Lacey back and fit, that's for certain.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: cadence on March 03, 2013, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 03:02:33 PM
Quote from: cadence on March 03, 2013, 02:52:22 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 02:46:18 PM
They ll be fairly happy on the sex offenders wing in Maghaberry after that first half.

go on, tell us why.

surprisingly the usually vocal Tyronies have been very quiet on this one, though it probably deserves a thread of its own.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/mickey-harte-under-fire-over-reference-for-sex-attacker-who-assaulted-woman-29079197.html

i see. interesting.

I think it is disgusting, though it seems you arent allowed to mention any negative about Saint Mickey on this particular board. Thankfully other discussion boards arent as biased.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Rois

Not really the thread to discuss it on here, nor to make crass jokes about it.

cadence

positives for us... wherrity is popping up and taking his scores and is a viable alternative to mcbrearty. ryan mchugh is really finding his feet too from what i can gather, so we're not doing too badly. we kept going too even though it looked like we'd get a hiding. it's also a good thing psychologically to get beat today and to have a grievance or two to set straight. fire in the belly.

cons- mentioning no names, 1 or 2 of the more established players have maybe lost a wee bit of form. 

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Rois on March 03, 2013, 03:45:52 PM
Not really the thread to discuss it on here, nor to make crass jokes about it.

I am sure the rape victim and her family will see the funny side of Mickeys glowing reference.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

stew

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 03, 2013, 03:40:12 PM
They ll be fairly happy on the sex offenders wing in Maghaberry after that first half.

go on, tell us why.

surprisingly the usually vocal Tyronies have been very quiet on this one, though it probably deserves a thread of its own.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/mickey-harte-under-fire-over-reference-for-sex-attacker-who-assaulted-woman-29079197.html

i see. interesting.

I think it is disgusting, though it seems you arent allowed to mention any negative about Saint Mickey on this particular board. Thankfully other discussion boards arent as biased.

That is wile unfair, I doubt a one of the Tyrone heads on here think that Harte did the right thing here, now coming out and saying he was wrong would sit too well with some of them!

A bad decision from Mr Harte, a very bad decision but sure I have made a ton of them myself so I can't talk!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

EC Unique

Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Good win for Tyrone. The sending off took the sting out of the game but Tyrone looked the sharper team anyway. It will be some game in the championship. I suspect Tyrone will have too much for  Donegal if all the panel remain fit. They would have had too much last year if all were fit as well.

By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

Saffrongael

go on, tell us why.

i see. interesting.

Bad form from Harte
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Beantown

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 03, 2013, 04:36:22 PM

go on, tell us why.

i see. interesting.

Bad form from Harte

Got Nothing to do with today's football match....... Go to other discussion boards if your so concerned with this topic

EC Unique

Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 03, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

By that logic, Tyrone would have been AI champions last year then, given that everyone else they met couldn't match Donegal. A ten point plus turnaround in Tyrone's result against Kerry too.

Weren't you one of the boys giving the Mayo lads abuse the other week for unfounded arrogance?

As far as I remember it was 2 points last year. In my opinion the players that were missing would have been worth 2 points on the day. Donegal grew with every game and won the all Ireland. I don't think Tyrone could have pushed on like Donegal did.

Radda bout yeee

Beantown

Was very dissapointed in the 2 McGees today.  I have a lot of time for them as footballers, very good uncompromising defenders who can play a bit too, but their antics today left alot to be desired. Stevie and Eamonn shook hands at the end of the game, yet Neil tried to get another row going... Plus Rory Kavanagh, where did he get the hard man gene from???... He done everything in his power to get Sean Cav to retaliate in order to get him lined, thankfully Sean has the experience to ignore him.  Sean has taken abuse from far better players than that.

Rant over..

As a spectacle I thought it was fairly scrappy, not a lot between the teams as usual.  Will have no bearing on the match in May, but nice to get a win.