Tir Eoghain v Dún na nGall - NFL Roinn 1 Babhta 3 - Dé Domhnaigh 3rd Márta 2pm

Started by ziggysego, February 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Spitting at Lacey is a disgusting act, that person should be banned if identified.

Have been trying to watch this on tg4 website but the streams appear to be down at the minute. Sent them an email to see when this will be available, will stick up a link when working.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 04, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
Good man Jinxy. http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz162/robstenlove/HEA%20Blog%20Posts/TedKing1.png
Have you got some sort of keyword or phrase sensors set up to alert you when it time to have another pop at us.  ;D

No need for anything that advanced.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trasna man

Quote from: NAG1 on March 04, 2013, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: trasna man on March 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM
I noticed the Tyrone players were wearing the GPS tracking monitors under their jerseys.  I didn't think it was allowed in competition games.

Why would they not be?
My understanding is that the GPS system can highlight a player that is physically struggling and therefore show which player should be taking off, instead of the manager taking off a player who isn't having a good game, but may have plenty in the tank.Probably one of the science geeks on here could explain it better

theticklemister

Quote from: AQMP on March 04, 2013, 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 04, 2013, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: AQMP on March 04, 2013, 11:24:30 AM
Fuzzman was going well there until his/her gratuitous insult of Antrim (and Louth) supporters.  Believe me, despair is a form of passion. 

Is this a long winded way of saying every county has them!?!?

As a matter of interest what age were the ones that spoiled yer fun and how old were the ones in the pub in 2008. Its not always the case but to me when a group of lads in their teens or early 20s are at a match together there tend to be this competition to be the funniest or the biggest messer or hard man.
Then of course there is the man (or woman) in their 40's etc who's loud mouthed at the best of times but when he's had a few drinks he's out of control and so shouts things at a match that are very distasteful for most people.
I remember taking my GF to her first Tyrone v Armagh match back in the late 90's. I wasn't prepared for the foul mouthing coming out of some Armagh fans near us but I knew too well I could move down a bit and get the same from some Tyrone fans.

Anyway folks. Do you think it will be a similar style of game in May?
Is McCarron injured or lost his place now in the half back line?

I take your point, the boys in 2003 were around 20 and the boys in 2008 were older but I'd say they were in their late 20s.

Maybe it was the same bunch of lads??

ck

Quote from: trasna man on March 04, 2013, 03:58:30 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 04, 2013, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: trasna man on March 04, 2013, 12:17:22 PM
I noticed the Tyrone players were wearing the GPS tracking monitors under their jerseys.  I didn't think it was allowed in competition games.

Why would they not be?
My understanding is that the GPS system can highlight a player that is physically struggling and therefore show which player should be taking off, instead of the manager taking off a player who isn't having a good game, but may have plenty in the tank.Probably one of the science geeks on here could explain it better

You are referring to the live analysis package which as far as I know can inform managers as to distance covered and average heart rate etc But I think players who are having poor games wll still be taken off.  ;)
Personally I think these GPS things are way overrated. They assist to inform but only play a minor role

Redhand Santa

Was happy enough with the performance again yesterday. Took the game to Donegal and the only negative being that they sat back in the 2nd half at 7 points and invited Donegal back into it.

Morgan obviously had a good game in nets. Based on the traditional goalkeeping role I'd still pick McConnell but Morgan offers that bit extra from frees that it will be hard not to play him. Tyrone really have struggled in recent years with long distance frees/50's and he definitely seems like a possible solution. Its good to see Justy continuing to get games and doing well. Clarke got it tough with Murphy in the 1st half but thought he hung in ok considering. Mattie Donnelly effectively played centre half back for most of the game and I thought he did very well - very adoptable player and strong. Still haven't made my mind up fully on the half backs but both doing quite well. McNamee seems to score some great points but then misses easier chances.

In midfield Cavanagh was again very good. Murphy looked a we bit of the pace and was rightly replaced. Was very impressed with the way Cassidy competed when he came on. If he learns to keep the game simple he could definitely be a strong option to partner Cavanagh.

Big Joe had a decent game. It was interesting to see the way Tyrone continually rotated the sweeper role. It almost appeared that Harte was using it to give that player a break from the constant running up and down the pitch. Peter Harte really needs to find a way of getting into games more. Everything he does he does well but he drifts out of games for too long. I still wonder if half back could be his position.

I'm undecided on Mark Donnelly. He's a good player and works so hard but I just have some doubts over him at the very top level. From memory he struggled against both Donegal and Kerry last year - running into trouble a bit. If he can improve this aspect of his game he could still be worth his place for his constant running. Penrose came on yesterday and again kicked a bad wide. He has become so wasteful which takes away from his ability to get on the ball. He also used to be a great tackler but has started fouling too much.

The one key position on the team that needs sorted is centre half forward. As I said Peter Harte just doesn't seemed to be doing enough there and is often moved from that position. I wonder if Coney was fit how he would carry out the role. Would add further physical presence to the half forward line. Wouldn't be surprised if Colm Cavanagh replaced McNeice there next week.

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cadhlancian

Quote from: ck on March 04, 2013, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on March 04, 2013, 04:06:51 AM
Quote from: ck on March 03, 2013, 11:34:54 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Tyrone fans spat on Karl Lacey today in the stand?
If so it's appalling. Tyrone fans (club and county) are developing a poor rep over recent years.
jesus Christ!! Gobshites like you are what destroys this f**king board! Asking if anybody heard  a " rumour" about something ridiculous like that. Then you judge Tyrone as a whole on something that is more than likely a pile of shite. Wise up FFS!!! Rant over!

Ps: I'll accept an apology, in your own time
really? One so called "supporter" acts like a clown, and suddenly Tyrone FANS are enhancing their already horrible reputation?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 04, 2013, 12:04:21 PM
Love the way people try to differentiate between supporters who just support the county and are not involved with clubs as opposed to those from clubs who support their county. We've all seen nasty incidents at every level in every county. Sometimes it's hard to control your passion and I'm sure on reflection the supporter involved is pretty embarrassed for himself and his family. We're just a tribal race of people and say and do the insanest things when the blood is up, and as long as do when gets hurt, i don't think I would like to have it any other way.

Agree to an extent Dinny but spitting at someone is way over the lines of acceptability. I'm not sure anyone who fires their phlegm around would know the meaning of embarrassment. And I couldn't imagine Lacey participating in verbals or getting under the noses of those around him in the stand.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fuzzman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 04, 2013, 08:51:30 PM
Still haven't made my mind up fully on the half backs but both doing quite well. McNamee seems to score some great points but then misses easier chances.
Peter Harte really needs to find a way of getting into games more. Everything he does he does well but he drifts out of games for too long. I still wonder if half back could be his position.

Good summary there Santa. Would agree with most of that. I was a bit worried at first that young Morgan would only be good at the frees but would lack the presence or shot stopping of big Pascal but he seems comfortable enough under a high ball and his safe on Sunday was top drawer.

I too am unsure about our half back line & our half forward line. Joey is playing great stuff again but  whilst McNamee and McKenna push forward well I am not sure about them defensively. I've not saw enough of them to be fair to them but a few times I've saw McKenna give away frees as he's let his man get a run on him towards goal.
Maybe in the past we've been spoilt with a very good half back line and a damn good half forward line so we could afford to lose out in MF. I think for some years now we've been trying to find Petey's best position and as yet we're still wondering. Interesting Kernan played him at RHB the last day I think. The last really good game I can remember him having was v Longford a few years ago.
Penrose & Donnelly are similar in that one day they can be great and win loads of ball and get several scores and then another day they seem to be easily held scoreless.

Psychology I think it was important for this new Tyrone team to beat Donegal, even if they knew they weren't at full pace/strength. Had Donegal have beaten us it could have had a negative impact in a lot of the players mind. We might not beat them in May but at least we know we have the beating of them now.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 05, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 04, 2013, 08:51:30 PM
Still haven't made my mind up fully on the half backs but both doing quite well. McNamee seems to score some great points but then misses easier chances.
Peter Harte really needs to find a way of getting into games more. Everything he does he does well but he drifts out of games for too long. I still wonder if half back could be his position.

Good summary there Santa. Would agree with most of that. I was a bit worried at first that young Morgan would only be good at the frees but would lack the presence or shot stopping of big Pascal but he seems comfortable enough under a high ball and his safe on Sunday was top drawer.

I too am unsure about our half back line & our half forward line. Joey is playing great stuff again but  whilst McNamee and McKenna push forward well I am not sure about them defensively. I've not saw enough of them to be fair to them but a few times I've saw McKenna give away frees as he's let his man get a run on him towards goal.
Maybe in the past we've been spoilt with a very good half back line and a damn good half forward line so we could afford to lose out in MF. I think for some years now we've been trying to find Petey's best position and as yet we're still wondering. Interesting Kernan played him at RHB the last day I think. The last really good game I can remember him having was v Longford a few years ago.
Penrose & Donnelly are similar in that one day they can be great and win loads of ball and get several scores and then another day they seem to be easily held scoreless.

Psychology I think it was important for this new Tyrone team to beat Donegal, even if they knew they weren't at full pace/strength. Had Donegal have beaten us it could have had a negative impact in a lot of the players mind. We might not beat them in May but at least we know we have the beating of them now.

Centre half back is the place for Peter Harte.  Chopping and changing him isn't doing him much good.  Players are usually seen to have a bad game when they do something wrong, in Hartes case he is seen to have a bad game throgh simply not getting on the ball a lot as he rarely does something wrong.  I still think our forward line needs to see more of McAliskey/Lafferty/Coney/RON/McCurry over the next few games to get them used to this level.  These fellas have the skill and speed required come championship time, and speed is something that we are currently missing in the forward line. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

I actually don't think I'd play Harte Centre half back. Would be more inclined to play him left or right half back. Not sure he has the physical presence for centre half back. Also I'd prefer the centre half back to hold his position and not contstantly bomb forward. And I think this would take away considerably from Harte's game. Mattie Donnelly effectively operated at centre half back for a lot of the game on Sunday and was impressive. It allowed Joe McMahon a bit more freedom which suits his game.

trileacman

Watched Harte play all the way through from underage and he is not a centre half back, too poor a defender to be be one for a start and it seriously curbs his attacking play which is fantastic.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

TY14ED

Quote from: trileacman on March 05, 2013, 09:37:42 PM
Watched Harte play all the way through from underage and he is not a centre half back, too poor a defender to be be one for a start and it seriously curbs his attacking play which is fantastic.

Surely Harte is one of the best players we have at stopping men in their tracks & turning over possession? I dont agree that he's a poor defender. Would still prefer to see him in the forward line though. I'd say he's frustrated with his own performances in the big games so far. Everything he does is class but it needs to be sustained over 70 mins.