Programmes

Started by Wildweasel74, March 04, 2013, 06:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

There may be a programme thread on here but dont see it off hand, anyway after getting good programmes at Galway and Derry home game against Laois, the programmes handed out yesterday at the Wexford games was a disgrace. 2 euro for 4 pages? awful what is the wexford gaa thinking? Wexford are nice people and their grounds are 1st rate but to even ask 2euro for this was terrible, they should have handed it out for free. In all my years attending league games this was the worst programme i have seen. Hope they up their efforts for their next visitors.

muppet

Off the Ball was a good programme.
MWWSI 2017

JP

Worst programme I've ever seen is in the first round of the national league. Against Laois there was not a single Armagh player named in their correct position. While there players supposedly starting that weren't even in the panel..... not good enough

The Boy Wonder

They went to print with the lineout provided by Armagh.

BennyCake

It's not the team lineouts that's the problem, it's the price. £3 for a dozen pages or so. Total rip-off.

The Boy Wonder

Just looking at the programme now - 36 pages between the covers (14 pages of ads) - in fairness it was a decent enough programme with interesting titbits, statistics plus the usual match reports of previous clashes down the years.

€3 was steep enough but the hoors shouldn't have charged you £3 (€3.48)
- bloody freestaters taking the piss out of ye again  >:(

Croí na hÉireann

I'd rather pay €2 for the list of teams and subs than the €3 I paid in Tuam that offered numerous ads, action pictures and a message from the chairman that I've never had any interest in reading. They should increase admission (yes, increase) to €15 and give out a courtesy A4 photocopy stating the referee panel, teams and subs, leaving room for both team sponsors to have ads on the back page.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Plain of the Herbs

Dublin had an impressive production for the recent NHL v Offaly.  40 pages (5 of which were ads), loads of articles and they respected the visitors too.  Cost €3.  The best I've seen for a group match in the League, it would be an impressive effort for a first-round Championship game. 

That said, with admission being €13, is €2 enough to charge for a programme for a League match?  I think it probably is.

Wildweasel74

To me 4 pages wouldn't even be classed as a programme. i do collect programmes, and one with the referee not named in it, the league table on 1 page Photo of Lee Chin on 1, sponsor page then  middle pages team line out, with the Derry team names misprinted, does come close to what i previously got at any other NFL game. Compare this to the one Tyrone have at their games.

Orchardman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 05, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
I'd rather pay €2 for the list of teams and subs than the €3 I paid in Tuam that offered numerous ads, action pictures and a message from the chairman that I've never had any interest in reading. They should increase admission (yes, increase) to €15 and give out a courtesy A4 photocopy stating the referee panel, teams and subs, leaving room for both team sponsors to have ads on the back page.

No harm but thats a terrible idea. 13 lids is more than enough, and that should include the programme. I generally wouldn't bother get one so why should prices be put up with a built in price for a programme i don't want

theticklemister

Our new one in Derry is excellent wildweasel.

Did programmes myself at the club's home games last season, and got a very good response. Consisted of referee, time, and the home team as the manager would give it to me during the week. Then there would be a short history of various areas of my club, a look at certain players from both teams and then a history of the visiting team.

theticklemister

the derry programme

Issue two continues the series with 'March On...The Next Step'.

Highlights include:

Brian McIver prepares to welcome the Orchard County to Celtic Park

With his 31st birthday just past, Big Joe Diver tells his story of a passion for the county jersey and how he is now helping with the marketing of Derry GAA

We talk to well known referee and 'Man in the Middle' Sean McGuigan who has some very sound advice for young whistlers

A Derryman's Diary by Bernie Mullan including profiles of Armagh legends Joe Kernan, John McKnight and Alf Murray

'Macha sna hArda', a tribute to Oisin McConville by Fearghal Mag Uiginn (as Gaelige)

Ciaran McRory previews Derry's encounter with Armagh in 'A Fan's Forecast'

Doire Colmcille's Mark Higgins with the second in a series of articles about the GAA events taking place in his home town in 2013

We grab '5 mins with' Chrissy McKaigue and Armagh's skipper Ciaran McKeever

Sunday 22nd September 2002 was a magical day for both Armagh and Derry at Croke Park. Danny O'Kane presents an exclusive archive of photos in 'I Remember the Day'

Kids Corner and Half Time games

Background to the Derry GAA Mascot Hunt by Gemma O'Kane

Former County Chairman Sean Bradley on the unique club/county twinning programme for Annual GAA Congress 2013

plus much more...

At just £2/€2, this publication is great value for money and a must have for any Derry or Armagh supporter. Make sure to pick up a copy this Saturday!