Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBallWeeBall

If it wasn't for the fact that you're a referee and used to self isolation I would have said it's getting to you.
Getting bored now so this will likely be my last post before I furlough.
If Ulster GAA  can communicate via twitter and Facebook positively then so can gaelfast, IMO.
Ulster still open for business, maybe on the southern scheme.. Ha ha.
At least we know Gaelfast are furloughed cos you said it so it must be true.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on April 21, 2020, 11:39:21 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that you're a referee and used to self isolation I would have said it's getting to you.
If Ulster GAA  can communicate via twitter and Facebook positively then so can gaelfast, IMO.

If all are furloughed then how can they send messages on a public forum? That would  then suggest they are not furloughed?

Don't take my word for it, but get your facts right before publicly bashing people on a public forum.

What the GAA do or Ulster GAA do is up to them, they may have some staff furloughed  others on full pay I'd assume they are a separate entity, that part I don't know, but I have had communication with one of the lads and they did have plenty material to do things but it's not allowed through the furloughed scheme.

On being furloughed through my own job, I'm not allowed to talk to my clients, there's a colleague who is working and they must communicate through her, she will email me or phone me on said issue, I can't directly be seen to help/work.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2020, 08:30:29 AM

If all are furloughed then how can they send messages on a public forum? That would  then suggest they are not furloughed?

Don't take my word for it, but get your facts right before publicly bashing people on a public forum.

What the GAA do or Ulster GAA do is up to them, they may have some staff furloughed  others on full pay I'd assume they are a separate entity, that part I don't know, but I have had communication with one of the lads and they did have plenty material to do things but it's not allowed through the furloughed scheme.

On being furloughed through my own job, I'm not allowed to talk to my clients, there's a colleague who is working and they must communicate through her, she will email me or phone me on said issue, I can't directly be seen to help/work.
Are the referees eligible for any of the Schemes North our South? most must be down a right few grand

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 22, 2020, 11:53:44 AM

Are the referees eligible for any of the Schemes North our South? most must be down a right few grand

Sure it's voluntary  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2020, 01:05:25 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 22, 2020, 11:53:44 AM

Sure it's voluntary  ;D
Just like the SW senior football managers and a few senior football managers in Belfast ! A few house extensions not happening this year with clubs Not in a position to pay Retainers

imtommygunn

All your posts seem to revolve around money...

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2020, 09:25:20 AM
All your posts seem to revolve around money...
I wouldn't disagree with you at the moment with no matches or training to debate
Paying managers does the following
- takes money Out of the association that could be Used to build even better facilities and even better equip and develop the kids
- it tells own club coaches that they are not Good enough to take their team
- I know of 2 examples were when the money ran out and the clubs found it difficult to get not paid senior managers because they wanted the Same as the last guy got
Happy to debate the Points above a chara

imtommygunn

My club have paid managers. It is not as black and white as you make out. There are many factors for a lot of clubs in going outside.

Any which way there will be a lot less money to pay any manager now and it doesn't escape the fact that you seem obsessed with money in the game.

Belfast GAA man

I'm obsessed With money being taken out of the game so u r right !
Give me the volunteers of the best volunteer association in the world any day. Fairly sure u r A good volunteer too because u care about It like me. Chase the money men

imtommygunn

In my time I did a lot of underage coaching but I have moved away from my local club and haven't got involved in another. That may change based on kids etc though.

Paid coaches are necessary for some clubs and I have seen that. Yes there are mercenaries about who I would rather not have about too.

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive never been a fan of paid managers for our games esp in your own club, its just wrong when you have others there doing it for nothing, administrating and running the club for nothing and the players getting nothing. Yet you have an outsider to your clubs coining in and getting a lot pounds to manage a team.

we have new coaches/managers all the time at underage and adult level. they get good help from others in the club and they learn their wares along the way. they are encouraged to take part in coaching seminars within the club and they get a feel for whats going on and learn the ropes. they usually all stick about and thats where you get your future adult managers.

you show faith in your own members and vols who give up everything for your club - not in someone who will leave as soon as the money runs out, a better offer comes in or a good team disappears. they wont be there for years to come when potentially you might need their experience to hand onto others.

i got involved 8 years ago and hadnt a bloody clue what i was doing or what was going on but i watched and learned from others in charge. Good people, knowledgeable men and woman who were doing the same as me and giving up their free time for the club. 8 years later im still doing it and still learning from good people around me and hopefully passing on that same help i got to others as well.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Ok to to pay physiotherapist and masseuse  ;)

If someone within the club is willing to pay expenses it won't close the club down nor will you see people creating a fuss. Now if the club has to dig that money from their own funding bar returns then that's different, then club members may feel aggrieved, again I get that also.

I remember looking after the southy teams and before mobile phones I'd have been using house phones, we claimed that payment every year, collected it on St Patrick's day and spent it generally that day also, in the club!

Na Glinntí Glasa

the physio ones is always a grey area for me lol your asking some one to practice their profession for free at unsociable hours. if you've worked all day and then have to come home and stand at a training session for lads or girls to work on them for free for another few hours you aint going to get many vols for that lol

i agree with you about an 'external funder' who maybe wants to spend their money on that person but at the same time if the clubs put more time into those who wanted to do it for free then that individual wouldn't need to waste their money on a mercenary
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 27, 2020, 12:48:56 PM
the physio ones is always a grey area for me lol your asking some one to practice their profession for free at unsociable hours. if you've worked all day and then have to come home and stand at a training session for lads or girls to work on them for free for another few hours you aint going to get many vols for that lol

i agree with you about an 'external funder' who maybe wants to spend their money on that person but at the same time if the clubs put more time into those who wanted to do it for free then that individual wouldn't need to waste their money on a mercenary

So do away with sponsors? we never had that back in the day on my shirt, now its standard