Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 02, 2014, 01:22:04 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 02, 2014, 12:46:31 PM
Quote from: Jonah on January 02, 2014, 12:11:41 AM
James Avery aka Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

That's a shame about 'Uncle Phil'. Complications after heart surgery, it seems. He was great in The Fresh Prince.

Voiced Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.

That's right. Apparently he did a lot of voice work for animated characters. He'll always be 'Uncle Phil' to me though. I never tired of him 'throwing' Jazz out on his ear.

ziggy90

Phil Everly of "The Everly Brother's" fame. RIP
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

T Fearon

I "dream't" that last night,Good God

Over the Bar

Almost a month has passed without a Morgan Freeman is dead rumour on the 'net.  Ergo: he must be on his last legs for real.

Dinny Breen

Eusebio passed away today.
#newbridgeornowhere

T Fearon

One of the all time greats of football's golden era in 69s, with Johnstone,Best,Charlton Law etc.Lost the 1966 World Cup semi final and 1968 European Cup Final at Wembley,unluckily on both occasions,and applauded Stepney's crucial save from him at the end of normal time in 68 European Cup Final(otherwise Man Ure would have had to wait until 1999), showing true sportsmanship.

ziggy90

RIP Eusebio. One of the good guys.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2014, 08:48:33 AM
One of the all time greats of football's golden era in 69s, with Johnstone,Best,Charlton Law etc.Lost the 1966 World Cup semi final and 1968 European Cup Final at Wembley,unluckily on both occasions,and applauded Stepney's crucial save from him at the end of normal time in 68 European Cup Final(otherwise Man Ure would have had to wait until 1999), showing true sportsmanship.

you are a dick. Who's Johnstone?? Oh wait he's a Celtic great from the 60's,  wouldn't have laced  Eusabios boots ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

under the bar

[quoteOne of the all time greats of football's golden era in 69s, with Johnstone,Best,Charlton Law etc.Lost the 1966 World Cup semi final and 1968 European Cup Final at Wembley,unluckily on both occasions,and applauded Stepney's crucial save from him at the end of normal time in 68 European Cup Final(otherwise Man Ure would have had to wait until 1999), showing true sportsmanship.

you are a dick. Who's Johnstone?? Oh wait he's a Celtic great from the 60's,  wouldn't have laced  Eusabios boots ffs ][/quote]

I'd expect Eusebio might disagree with your opinion, if it counted that is.

ziggy90

I'd have been a big Celtic fan back then and worshipped "wee jinxy" but I'm afraid MR2's right, Eusebio was way ahead of him as a footballer.

Oraisteach

Will always remember the 1966 Portugal vs. North Korea World Cup game.  NK went up 3-0 after about 20 minnutes, and then Eusabio went nuts.  Final score 5-3 Portugal.  Eusabio scored four.

rodney trotter

He scored 733 goals in 745 competitive games. Unreal.

T Fearon

Watch Jinky destroying all and sundry in Celtic's run to Lisbon and particularly against Leeds in the 1970 semi final.Also watch Eusebio against Man Ure,1968, against a United defence of Dunne,Foulkes and Brennan.Nobby Stiles effectively marked Eusebio out of the 1966 WC semi final,and 1968 European Cup Final,neither he nor any other player in the World could have stopped Jinky.Deserves comparison with Eusebio

AZOffaly

norabeag

Quote from: T Fearon on January 05, 2014, 06:31:18 PM
Watch Jinky destroying all and sundry in Celtic's run to Lisbon and particularly against Leeds in the 1970 semi final.Also watch Eusebio against Man Ure,1968, against a United defence of Dunne,Foulkes and Brennan.Nobby Stiles effectively marked Eusebio out of the 1966 WC semi final,and 1968 European Cup Final,neither he nor any other player in the World could have stopped Jinky.Deserves comparison with Eusebio
In all honesty, Tony, what age were you when Celtic got to Lisbon final to be coming out with  a statement like that?