Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 15, 2014, 08:24:18 AM
McIlroys achievements this year in golf were far greater than Hamiltons.  Simple.
His achievements in motor racing were considerably less however.

laoislad

Quote from: Sidney on December 15, 2014, 08:50:21 AM
McIlroys achievements this year in golf were far greater than Hamiltons.  Simple.

;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on December 15, 2014, 09:03:52 AM
Quote from: Sidney on December 15, 2014, 08:50:21 AM

;D

Sidney you are a one trick WUM and a very poor one at that, obviously another poster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

In fairness MR2 it doesn't take much of a WUM to have you hammering the keyboard when it comes to Ruairi Mac...  :)

Saffrongael

Yeah in MR2s world if you don't worship McIlroy you are a bigot
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Bensars

English winner of F1 Championship a few weeks ago wins BBC SPOTY shocker !

The winner and the runner up both lack personality.  The BBC produced the voting results last night, Hamilton run away with it, McIlroy wasnt even close.

JoG2

Quote from: Bensars on December 15, 2014, 10:58:10 AM
English winner of F1 Championship a few weeks ago wins BBC SPOTY shocker !

The winner and the runner up both lack personality.  The BBC produced the voting results last night, Hamilton run away with it, McIlroy wasnt even close.

what a loser McIlroy is

Bensars

McIlroy was  lucky he wasnt beat into thrid by a 41 year old jogger from Bristol !

Sidney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2014, 10:43:12 AM

Sidney you are a one trick WUM and a very poor one at that, obviously another poster
Sorry, mate, I don't switch between identities for convenience. Unlike Pubehead.

The Trap

McIlroy should have won as his sporting achivements in 2014 far outweighed his rivals. If an English golfer had won 2 majors it would have been a no contest........i am sure he will be able to console himself and realise what a joke this SPOTY is and will never darken its door again! Lets hope he leads Ireland to an Olympic Gold.
I just dont get Formula 1.........there is far more skill in rally driving.......am i missing something or is there a lot of skill to driving round and round a track? If any of the other drivers had been driving the Mercedes would they have won? If Hamilton was driving for a different team would his driving skills give them a chance of winning???

JoG2

Quote from: The Trap on December 15, 2014, 11:23:34 AM
McIlroy should have won as his sporting achivements in 2014 far outweighed his rivals. If an English golfer had won 2 majors it would have been a no contest........i am sure he will be able to console himself and realise what a joke this SPOTY is and will never darken its door again! Lets hope he leads Ireland to an Olympic Gold.
I just dont get Formula 1.........there is far more skill in rally driving.......am i missing something or is there a lot of skill to driving round and round a track? If any of the other drivers had been driving the Mercedes would they have won? If Hamilton was driving for a different team would his driving skills give them a chance of winning???

all formula 1 drivers are brilliant drivers, but its all about the car. Its the mechanics who should have picked up the award

"pubehead"...thats top class interneting right there

deiseach

There are lots of formats in motor racing, but the only one who can claim with a straight face to be the World Champion is the one in F1. Given the idiosyncrasies of the Sports Personality of the Year award - bias towards English winners and achievements towards the end of the year - it was a good show for McIlroy.

Franko

Quote from: deiseach on December 15, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
There are lots of formats in motor racing, but the only one who can claim with a straight face to be the World Champion is the one in F1. Given the idiosyncrasies of the Sports Personality of the Year award - bias towards English winners and achievements towards the end of the year - it was a good show for McIlroy.

How do you arrive at this one deiseach?

muppet

Quote from: The Trap on December 15, 2014, 11:23:34 AM

Most of us probably wouldn't get it to the first corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo

If you haven't time for the lot jump to 5:30.
MWWSI 2017

GJL

Quote from: deiseach on December 15, 2014, 11:57:03 AM

A few very good F1 drivers (one ex world Champion) have tried and failed in the WRC. Rallying is a much more demanding sport but does not have the ££$$$ and circus that F1 has.  Seb Loeb has more talent in his big toe that any F1 Driver.