Are we the greatest golfing nation on earth?

Started by sligoman2, June 19, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

In the last 10 years Irishmen have won 9 majors (Harrington 3 mcilroy 4 Clarke and McDowell one each.  Now Shane Lowry is leading the US open by four shots going into the final round.  By my calculations that would make 10 majors in 10 years from an island of 5million should Lowry hang on to the lead.

Compare that to England with 12 times the population with only one English born winner in the same period i.e Danny Willet.  Before ye start, Justin rose was born in South Africa.

Fairly impressive I would say
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

armaghniac

Apart from the fact that there are over 6 million people on the island, you do have a point.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Too most people on this board you're not making any sense, n.i and roi are different places  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I am sure Lowry will fulfil his media obligations win lose or draw
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

If Lowry wins it'll be "what Euros?". Olé, ole, ole.

Gabriel_Hurl

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2016, 03:28:40 PM
I am sure Lowry will fulfil his media obligations win lose or draw

Cause that really matters.....  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

im not saying anything, yesterday i was enjoying our first test series win in SA only for us to implode in the last 15 mins. lets just wait and see. i would be delighted if he sees it through but just ask dustin johnson how his 3 shot lead in 2010 went dropping 5 shots in the first 3 holes

Tonto

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 19, 2016, 03:02:41 PM
In the last 10 years Irishmen have won 9 majors (Harrington 3 mcilroy 4 Clarke and McDowell one each.  Now Shane Lowry is leading the US open by four shots going into the final round.  By my calculations that would make 10 majors in 10 years from an island of 5million should Lowry hang on to the lead.

Compare that to England with 12 times the population with only one English born winner in the same period i.e Danny Willet.  Before ye start, Justin rose was born in South Africa.

Yes 6 majors from a population of 1.8 million makes NI the most successful nation in the golfing world :-)

Orior

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 19, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

Well, but, I played shite on Saturday and my World Ranking has just gone up to 17,650,181
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

so 4 ahead becomes 1 behind like i was saying^^^^^^. quickly becoming a very very painfull weekend for irish sport

Milltown Row2

JPGJOHNNYG

its a triple chokearama weekend but sure it was the refs fault, the altitude or the rubbish playing partner nothing to do with the lads at all.

Milltown Row2

Usual suspects have on here have been very very quiet ... Seems they only like it when they are winning

JPGJOHNNYG

can see dustin doing this the king of chokes himself this time he looks calm and is nailing his drives