Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

It's just for penalties - all players but goalie and kicker have to be outside it.

lynchbhoy

Not sure if the 'D' has been modified but it was incorrectly measuring the distance defenders had to be away from the ball at a penalty ( since the penalty spot has been moved forward from the 14 yard line/13 m line) but I don't think the GAA has redrawn the correct distance and new 'D' - they may have , I just haven't heard.

Donaghy was not 13m from the ball for durcans kickout.

The D defines the distance but he didn't have to be outside it. He however wasn't the requisite distance.
But durcan made a schoolboy error and shouldn't have kicked it!
Certainly not with Donaghy lurking so closely!!

Fair play for Donaghy being so alert though

macdanger2

He was at the same against mayo and we almost got caught only that the ref gave us an extremely soft free

BennyCake

Keane kicked the ball away when Durcan went to take a kickout. He did similar in Limerick, throwing the spare balls away. Disgusting acts. There has to be a sterner punishment for this sort of behaviour.

Unsurprisingly I didnt hear them mention either on Sunday game either.

Jinxy

Yeah, watching him kick the ball away like that I couldn't help thinking that if I was playing against him and time was almost up, I'd take the red card.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyCake on September 23, 2014, 12:26:39 PM
Keane kicked the ball away when Durcan went to take a kickout. He did similar in Limerick, throwing the spare balls away. Disgusting acts. There has to be a sterner punishment for this sort of behaviour.

That sort of thing is something that should be added to the black card list, however, im not even sure that would be a deterant
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

saffron sam2

Niall Morgan says Stevie O'Neill practices that during Tyrone training sessions.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

larryin89

There are one set of rules for Kerry and then there is the other counties who have to adhere to the ones in the rule book.  Pat  McAneany had a meeting with Eammon Fitz at the dub v Donegal semi final to explain the Kerry rules and had a meeting with Tomas O Se Aug weekend, both were pic with the Don of refs at croker for their meetings. 

Since the ''kerry'' meetings took place the usually outspoken Pat has stayed stum because in no way can he justify Cormac O Reillys display in limerick.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

You need to stay on this one Larry.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J OGorman

Quote from: Jinxy on September 23, 2014, 02:30:42 PM
You need to stay on this one Larry.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

+1. Larry, yer like a wee dog let out in a big field. Go gettum

Hardy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 23, 2014, 01:44:31 PM

That sort of thing is something that should be added to the black card list, however, im not even sure that would be a deterant

Ah lads. Is there no room for a bit of comedy in the game?

larryin89

Why was pat pic with them ? Why has pat not reviewed the Limerick shambles of a refereeing job after such an outcry not only by the ordinary joe like myself but by tsg s Kevin mcstay on tsg?

What did Liam O Neill by '' if mayo know whats good for them , they'll just get on with it''? Whats good for us a low interest rate on a loan perhaps?

Look at Liam O fat face neills talk at the Kerry hotel on sunday night, are ye blinded, he just said '' my black card rule won the day cause the best footballers in Ireland Kerry won the sam maguire'' he said it with fooking gusto . The little fat bollix.

Of course you're laughing at lil old me with my little bitter bursts but if you examine the whole situation , there is surely an element of truth in what im saying
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

johnneycool

Quote from: larryin89 on September 23, 2014, 03:35:53 PM
Why was pat pic with them ? Why has pat not reviewed the Limerick shambles of a refereeing job after such an outcry not only by the ordinary joe like myself but by tsg s Kevin mcstay on tsg?

What did Liam O Neill by '' if mayo know whats good for them , they'll just get on with it''? Whats good for us a low interest rate on a loan perhaps?

Look at Liam O fat face neills talk at the Kerry hotel on sunday night, are ye blinded, he just said '' my black card rule won the day cause the best footballers in Ireland Kerry won the sam maguire'' he said it with fooking gusto . The little fat bollix.

Of course you're laughing at lil old me with my little bitter bursts but if you examine the whole situation , there is surely an element of truth in what im saying

Aye that was a bit cringe alright, sour faced auld bollox is always on message no matter the occasion, only one black card dished out from the quarter finals on, not one bit of cynical play thereafter, yeah it worked a treat if you're one of the lesser lights.

naka

thought it was a despicable act by keane
was not surprised that no mention was made of it on tv
wasn't surprised at no mention by pat about the reilly shambles in limerick either

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on September 23, 2014, 04:43:05 PM

thought it was a despicable act by keane
was not surprised that no mention was made of it on tv
wasn't surprised at no mention by pat about the reilly shambles in limerick either

All you'll hear from Spillane is we have the most AIs, we're team of the decade, aren't we a great county, everyone else plays puke football but not us. He's like a child. Why he's still in the media I'll never know.