Digital Television in Donegal

Started by David McKeown, April 24, 2019, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Bit of advice please. Need a set top box to watch digital tv in North Donegal. Ideally would like one that allows me to watch RTÉ and BBC channels if possible. Anyone know what I should be looking out for in terms of the tuner I need on the box.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

general

assuming you have wifi? What speed of internet would you have in north donegal? may have a very good source for you

armaghniac

Do you mean a box for an aerial and an old set?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Quote from: armaghniac on April 25, 2019, 09:43:19 AM

Yeah basically mum and dad have upgraded an old tv and now want to use the old tv in a new room. The TV is an LCD but doesn't have a digital tuner. It used to be connected to a sky box. There's no sky in the room it's to be used in.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: David McKeown on April 25, 2019, 09:28:41 PM

Yeah basically mum and dad have upgraded an old tv and now want to use the old tv in a new room. The TV is an LCD but doesn't have a digital tuner. It used to be connected to a sky box. There's no sky in the room it's to be used in.

A saorview box will do the job, I had one I used for an old TV I had in the kitchen. You should be able to pick one up cheap enough.

armaghniac

A Freeview HD box will get you the NI HD stations, or any Saorview box. At this stage people are throwing them out, I wouldn't buy one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 25, 2019, 10:07:26 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 25, 2019, 09:28:41 PM

A Saorview Box won't get BBC

A saorview box will do the job, I had one I used for an old TV I had in the kitchen. You should be able to pick one up cheap enough.
Careful now