Best way to deal with an annoying flatmate??

Started by downgirl, October 22, 2008, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Ok, we live in a privately owned apartment complex, 3 of us know each other and lived together last year, and we are in 3rd year but a 1st year has been put in with us.  He is really immature, leaves his stuff at his ass and expects us to clean up after him.  He had a group of his mates over there tonight, we had a cleaning rota written up and they wrote all over it, left the place in an absolute mess and our front door isn't closing right so we had put a wee note up saying please shut door tightly or something along those lines and they ripped it off and started shouting how 'gay' it was.

What is the best way to handle this???

J70

Quote from: downgirl on October 22, 2008, 12:08:57 AM
Ok, we live in a privately owned apartment complex, 3 of us know each other and lived together last year, and we are in 3rd year but a 1st year has been put in with us.  He is really immature, leaves his stuff at his ass and expects us to clean up after him.  He had a group of his mates over there tonight, we had a cleaning rota written up and they wrote all over it, left the place in an absolute mess and our front door isn't closing right so we had put a wee note up saying please shut door tightly or something along those lines and they ripped it off and started shouting how 'gay' it was.

What is the best way to handle this???

Kick the little bastard out. It isn't worth the stress.

Puckoon

Hard to know downgirl..

You can approach your land lord - but run the risk of the kid being shown the road and then having to make up the difference in his rent.

You could approach the kid and ask him straight out what the f**k hes playing at, and threaten to go to the land lord to see if that makes any difference.

You could give him a wedgie and a beating and see what happens after that.

You would need to make sure that you arent blaming him for how his mates carried on - but tell him that if they are going to f**k around like that they arent welcome, especially as its a busy year for you all.

downgirl

The 3 of us are going to go into reception and ask for him to be moved to another apartment like why the f**k was a 1st year put in with 3rd years in the first place???  In college all day tomorrow and a lab tomorrow afternoon, the only time the 3 of us are all free is Thurs afternoon so going to do it then.  It's so not on like.  And he's a private school boy (went to Rockwell) so he probably has a maid at home that clears up after him.

downgirl

Quote from: Puckoon on October 22, 2008, 12:16:10 AM
Hard to know downgirl..

You can approach your land lord - but run the risk of the kid being shown the road and then having to make up the difference in his rent.

You could approach the kid and ask him straight out what the f**k hes playing at, and threaten to go to the land lord to see if that makes any difference.

You could give him a wedgie and a beating and see what happens after that.

You would need to make sure that you arent blaming him for how his mates carried on - but tell him that if they are going to f**k around like that they arent welcome, especially as its a busy year for you all.

We wouldn't have to make up the difference in the rent because its a private apartment complex...and its that bloody expensive this year there are still a load of free rooms... €5460 for 9 months like!!  I will be saying to him tomorrow but I think we will still go in and try and get him moved to a different apartment.  As for the way his mates acted, he was in the kitchen when they did it so he should have said cop on lads but he didn't so he is a tosser!!! And there's no anrgy face for me to add in here!!!

downgirl

Excellent thank-you Puck, I'm that annoyed I couldn't see it!!!  Well that and I was looking for the wee red angry bebo face!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ziggysego

Set Benny onto him. He'll probably think it's the boogyman.
Testing Accessibility

downgirl

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2008, 12:24:52 AM
Set Benny onto him. He'll probably think it's the boogyman.

Are you slagging my future husband???!!!

Puckoon

Thats some serious money for rent. Holy crap.

Niall Quinn

A simple non-fatal neoshaman hex should do the trick.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

downgirl

Quote from: Puckoon on October 22, 2008, 12:29:05 AM
Thats some serious money for rent. Holy crap.

Yes it is...that includes internet and utilities etc etc but internet gets very slow at times I'd say there's only one server for the whole place!!!!!!  Oh yea and I have parking as well which is an extra €600 on top of that....needless to say we are NOT staying here again next year.  We were here last year and it was grand but again had a few problems with the housemate but not as bad as this!!  And it is way noisier this year...I'd say theres more first years here this year than there was last year hence the increase in noise level.  And its all arts bimbos...you should see the amount of 07 and 08 minis below in the carpark!!!

downgirl

Quote from: Niall Quinn on October 22, 2008, 12:33:16 AM
A simple non-fatal neoshaman hex should do the trick.

Have you got one handy there Niall??!!  :D

ziggysego

Post a few photos of them downgirl so we can see what you mean
Testing Accessibility

downgirl

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2008, 12:39:16 AM
Post a few photos of them downgirl so we can see what you mean

Photos of what Ziggy?