Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Is the world forgiving films for being shite now just because they're in keeping with the most recent liberal cause-celebre?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on March 22, 2018, 10:25:06 PM
Is the world forgiving films for being shite now just because they're in keeping with the most recent liberal cause-celebre?
Not in my house.

Taylor

Open House.
Pure shite.
Dont waste an hour and a half of your life watching it

laoislad

Hamburger Hill on TG 4 now. Great war movie.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jayop

I watched Ready Player One at the weekend and was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

Love this movie! Very underrated when talking about war movies.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2018, 09:44:44 PM

Good show. I watched Full Metal Jacket 2 weeks ago, hadn't watched it in years. Still a bloody great movie.
#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Jayop on June 18, 2018, 10:01:39 PM
I watched Ready Player One at the weekend and was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
Loved it, that open race was epic. Chuckys appearance  ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Newbridge Exile

Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well

ballinaman

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 09, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well
Sequel poor enough, dodgy plot. 6/10. Not a patch on original

Esmarelda

Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

HiMucker

Wind River.  Watched it again last night.  Great show

nrico2006

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 10, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

Same here. Very forgettable film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rawhide

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Rawhide on July 10, 2018, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
Yep each  to their own and all that