The Open 2018

Started by Boycey, July 16, 2018, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Hope Molinari wins it.

Tony Baloney

OgraAnDun

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2018, 06:28:32 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 22, 2018, 06:03:50 PM
I hope Rory wins.
He won't.

Brilliant round of golf from Molinari totally in control the whole way round. Spieth will rue that crazy 3 wood on 6 otherwise I think he wins it.

Good days entertainment and the football was decent for a change as well

Tony Baloney

Solid round wins it. Good to see someone new get their hands on it.

Insane Bolt

Molinari seems a very likeable fellow. It was great viewing for a Sunday at the Open. I feel Rory has to get rid of the yes men he has surrounded himself with if he is to win another major.

Boycey

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 22, 2018, 10:03:52 PM
Molinari seems a very likeable fellow. It was great viewing for a Sunday at the Open. I feel Rory has to get rid of the yes men he has surrounded himself with if he is to win another major.

Aye he's miles off isn't he  ::)

heganboy

Quote from: screenexile on July 22, 2018, 06:36:19 PM
Molinari totally in control the whole way round.

While it was great to watch some of those guys play today, to think that there was any one of those players "totally in control" would be a huge stretch. Clinging to a bit of belief and hoping that their swing doesn't desert them is about as much control for all bar maybe Tiger (of old)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Boycey on July 22, 2018, 10:26:01 PM

No he's not, and that's what's so frustrating about him.

TabClear

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 23, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

If his putting had even been average on the first two days he would have been about 3 clear on the final day.

Delighted for Molinari though, great pro and a great final days with all the big names in the mix

Orior

Quote from: TabClear on July 23, 2018, 10:02:33 AM

If his putting had even been average on the first two days he would have been about 3 clear on the final day.

Delighted for Molinari though, great pro and a great final days with all the big names in the mix

It would be interesting to see Rory's putting stats compared to others.

His driving sets up lots of short iron approach shots, but again the short irons could be better for a man of his talent.

We all have high expectations for Rory, and second wasn't bad in the big scheme of things and probably help his world ranking.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Insane Bolt

I felt his round on Saturday could have been 4/5 shots better, and that this is one he let slip. Anyway on to the Deep South for the USPGA and fingers crossed he does the business.

Minder

Im sure half the field could talk about missed putts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on July 23, 2018, 10:22:56 AM
Quote from: TabClear on July 23, 2018, 10:02:33 AM

It would be interesting to see Rory's putting stats compared to others.

His driving sets up lots of short iron approach shots, but again the short irons could be better for a man of his talent.

We all have high expectations for Rory, and second wasn't bad in the big scheme of things and probably help his world ranking.
Joint second and no we all don't.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.