Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamboo

Cheers B, i'll look him up and print something off closer to the time.

Done the 10k yest, was aiming to keep it at 5min/k throughout and push on at the end but let it slip towards 5-7 and couldn't get it back. Finished on 50:44 which i'm not devastated with. Last 400m was in the stadium on the proper running track which was a great boost on the legs. Passed a few heading for home but was passed by others too. Really enjoyed it though which is the main thing.

Next 10k timed run is 31st March but there's an 8.2 miler down the road on the 24th which i'll attempt. That should help towrds the 10k run. 1hr 05 should be doable so i'll get a few longer runs in between now and then.

I agree with Tommygunn below. Just run for fun, forget looking at the watch on training runs, use it purely for distance. I do a timed run at the weekend but during the week its just a bit of fun running and chatting with mates.

ballinaman

Anyone following Kevin Kilbane's progress on twitter, going for the London Marathon. Tipping along nicely, should be well under 3.30.

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on March 11, 2013, 03:47:49 PM
Anyone following Kevin Kilbane's progress on twitter, going for the London Marathon.

Even after all that he won't get a decent cross in!  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Anyone doing the Larne half marathon in 11 days?? I'm doing it but havent done much training for it. Plenty short distance stuff though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I'm planning to do it mr. Been training for a few months for it. First real crack at a half.

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2013, 09:43:39 PM
I'm planning to do it mr. Been training for a few months for it. First real crack at a half.
<1.22? hope goes well man. Great distance to race.

Rois

Titanic Quarter 10k in Belfast is nxt up for me - as flat a run as you can imagine. 22 April or something.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ballinaman on March 12, 2013, 09:56:58 PM

cheers i'll tell you next week... Hope to be in round that and maybe a bit quicker but we'll see. 10k this sunday to take care of first!

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2013, 09:59:55 PM

cheers i'll tell you next week... Hope to be in round that and maybe a bit quicker but we'll see. 10k this sunday to take care of first!
nice one, you're going well so, 10k will set you up nicely, sub 1.20 is a tough nut to crack but well doable.

Orior

Will you be wearing club or county colours? Or alternatively, a proper running vest?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Quote from: Orior on March 12, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

Will you be wearing club or county colours? Or alternatively, a proper running vest?

Almost county colours in the form of a running club vest so yes kind of and yes...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2013, 10:12:33 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 12, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

Almost county colours in the form of a running club vest so yes kind of and yes...

Went out and did my longest run this morning tommy, managed 9 miles in 1h.10mins. Could keep that pace for next week but doubt very much there is anything extra pace wise, so will be happy with around the 1.40 mark next week. What's your prep for the week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I'm racing on Sunday MR in a 10k in downpatrick and from there on it'll be a light enough week with 3 or 4 runs. One will incorporate about 15 minutes at race pace but easy miles that aside.

I've been doing at least 13 miles once a week since early February so hopefully the distance is in the legs.

1:40 over a half would be a good time. Not sure what I'll get. Had a bad experience at Larne previously where the wheels firmly came off so hoping not to repeat that!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2013, 01:17:21 PM
I'm racing on Sunday MR in a 10k in downpatrick and from there on it'll be a light enough week with 3 or 4 runs. One will incorporate about 15 minutes at race pace but easy miles that aside.

I've been doing at least 13 miles once a week since early February so hopefully the distance is in the legs.

1:40 over a half would be a good time. Not sure what I'll get. Had a bad experience at Larne previously where the wheels firmly came off so hoping not to repeat that!

Not fussed on a running club, would only be interested if I were serious, but it defo helps I'd say.

Legs a bit sore under the calf afterwards but grand now, will do a couple twenty minutes run during week and lash her out on Saturday. Using the forerunner has definitely helped with keeping a pace started off around 7.20 kept it there for 4/5 miles didn't get above 8.00 for any sustained time the rest of the way. Would give it a good sprint (faster jog) near the end maybe last half mile, if I have anything left!!

bridgegael

Serious question lads. But do any of ya feel the need to pee as so as ya start running. Happens me everytime, even if i have just went. Could be the cold weather. Its annoying"
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"