Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah can we move on, there's been enough air time for said individual to last a lifetime...

The Clare game could be a big one. Potential banana skin. I think we had a well balanced team against Kilkenny though - Loughrey in defense, Cunningham on, right and left footed corner forwards and McLean in full back are to me big plus steps. Any thoughts? It is this weekend isn't it?

imtommygunn

Agreed - we should win this and Clare seem to have gone backwards since their last qualifying win against us and we seem to have, well hopefully anyway, gone forwards.

It's a bit like the Dublin game in the hurling - a good benchmark of where we're really at but it's one I think we'll win. Three point win for Antrim...

glenullinabu

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2008, 03:50:20 PM
Quote from: nearlymad on February 12, 2008, 03:36:58 PM
If he was axed for missing training,I think that's a bit strong.But there must be something else because he was named in the programme but chose to go to the stand.Maybe, as someone said, the Ladies Football was on and he was looking after Queens--a distraction may have come his way...
It is indeed very strange. Was he axed before the game? That could be the reason for him watching from the stand. If he was looking after Queens, I would imagine that Jody knew about this before and I would imagine that they had discussed it. However, Jody can be oblivious to things. Remember he claimed that he was expecting everyone to turn up for training one Tuesday night in the summer after Antrim exited the Ulster championship (i.e I don't know of anyone going to America) even though the dogs in the street knew that some of the lads were flying out to America? He must live in a bubble.

well mcgourty obviously lives in teh clouds

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2008, 04:22:02 PM
We really should win this. Clare is a brave distance to travel though (It's a long long way, it gets further day by day.....) and distance can be a big factor in National League games. Despite their poor recent results, they are a handy enough outfit. A win will set us up well for the Offaly match.

the boys are leaving friday evening so there should be no problem with the traveling
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

ONeill

Quote from: nearlymad on February 12, 2008, 11:52:00 PM
They'll have time to buy Gaelic Life to see what "my perfect cousin" is writing about this week :D :D

You should seek treatment for that obsession.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PlayWithTheWind

got a txt tonight, you will never guess who was at senior hurling training tonight in dunloy

wait for it..

Kevin McGourty
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on February 13, 2008, 11:28:28 PM
got a txt tonight, you will never guess who was at senior hurling training tonight in dunloy

wait for it..

Kevin McGourty

Surely your on the take :D :D

OakLeaf

He has to be on the take!! Then again, maybe Mc Gourty he thinks he's still in Belfast where apparently they can play for whoever they like?  :P

Glensman

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Antrim football club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

imtommygunn

There was a post on this earlier but for some reason it disappeared.

Antrim 1-13 Clare 0-3

A very good win and will do the score difference no harm either.

Crozier and Cunningham outstanding apparently.

milltown row

think the hurlers are stealing some of the spotlight away from our footballers who had to travel to Clare on Friday night for the game on Sat. good win and it's all set up for the Offaly game. win this and i'd say we will get promoted. pressure is on and offaly were not that impressive at the weekend.

Square Ball

Does I seen Jody on Sunday count?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

imtommygunn

Is the Offaly game this saturday night?

imtommygunn

Should be alright.

If we are to win this we will have to curb Niall McNamee. He's a damn good forward that fella and is well capable of winning matches on his own. Boys like Ciaran McManus aren't bad either.