Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

People always underestimate Rossa at home when they have a full squad. Not sure why they don't seem to replicate this so often when they aren't playing at home, but I saw that one as a 50/50 at the time and wasn't in the least bit surprised at the result.

In the same way I'd fancy Cargin by 4 or 5 out in the country or a neutral venue.

EOC1923

I'd agree there BS I seen it like that myself. What about GNM do you think there's a danger these games won't help your chances in the long run.

bannside

Whether we win by a point or by ten points there's a cohort of people who think it wont matter anyway as we are still a good bit off winning the Mc Namee.

We won't underestimate GNM, they finished strongly in the league and JMK will ensure that players treat them with every bit as much respect as the team we may get in the semis if we play the way we can.

Dunsilly King

Jez, man, catch yourself on. They are a very poor team. A dead rubber.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on September 08, 2022, 03:49:44 PM
Whether we win by a point or by ten points there's a cohort of people who think it wont matter anyway as we are still a good bit off winning the Mc Namee.

We won't underestimate GNM, they finished strongly in the league and JMK will ensure that players treat them with every bit as much respect as the team we may get in the semis if we play the way we can.
You have talked your team up since March, no harm in that. The question wasn't will you respect GNM, course you will. It was do you think this and the next game are putting you at a slight disadvantage? In my opinion it does.
You know from being about teams and watching sport games like this wont be helping. No offence to Gort Na Mona (a lot of respect for them) but they are no where near the level.

bannside

I don't know is the honest answer EOC. To mould a team a coach likes to learn how to win in different ways.

It's a great feeling to win a really ugly game by a point, like we did against Ahoghill earlier in the year. A real battle, not pretty football by any stretch, but just knowing how to get over the line no matter what it takes. Great for team morale.

A landslide win is also good. You're getting the team working together throughout the field, learning to link up, and running at pace through the middle finishing up in scores on the board. Good for team confidence, even if it's a challenge game. Again good for morale.

Every game throws a unique situation you need to deal with. GNM will present their challenge and we need to deal with it. I might offend one or two when I say I don't think there's any wonder teams around anymore and any team let's their guard slip atm will be punished.

If we want a tough challenge we don't have to go far to get one, we've played top teams in Derry and Tyrone, so we have an idea where we are at.

bannside

This weekends result will shed done light on things. There's some cracking games on, no one involved will actually fear anyone else, I expect a few crackers, and if anyone wins by big scores they are making a statement.

Our senior championship has got very competitive imo and the intermediate is also going to take a bit of winning.

stiffler

Cargin 8/11 tomorrow is a great price, I can't see LD sticking with them for 60 mins.

Not much value around in the other games, pg1 1/16 is a crazy price for a quarter final game.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

barnish oggie

The question now is......will there be a minutes silence before the game tonight...... ;)

Hoof Hearted

Great comeback by cargin u15s last night in B final
3-4 to 0-0 down at HT they hit 1-11 to no score in second half
Not even a breeze in the place either
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

barnish oggie

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 09, 2022, 10:28:22 AM
Great comeback by cargin u15s last night in B final
3-4 to 0-0 down at HT they hit 1-11 to no score in second half
Not even a breeze in the place either

Saw it myself.

Gorts had a great 1st half, it just looked like they didn't have the belief that they could beat cargin.

The rain didn't help them as they were a much smaller team but credit to cargin who seemed to find energy and determination that they didn't have in the first half.

bannside

Strange bit of reporting on the reserve final in Ahoghill where Creggan proved too strong for Cargin. "It was end to end stuff as both teams chased the first silverware of the season"...

Found that really odd tbh.

Elsewhere that excellent crop coming through that we spoke of previously at St Brigid's ran away with under 15 A. Congratulations to them and also to Cargin on B final victory.

Dunsilly King

First blood to our res seniors yesterday evening. Momentum starting to build nicely.

bannside

Two important pieces of silverware in the bag DK. You're not going away anytime soon! Big push on now for the treble?

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on September 09, 2022, 11:10:56 AM
Strange bit of reporting on the reserve final in Ahoghill where Creggan proved too strong for Cargin. "It was end to end stuff as both teams chased the first silverware of the season"...

Found that really odd tbh.

Elsewhere that excellent crop coming through that we spoke of previously at St Brigid's ran away with under 15 A. Congratulations to them and also to Cargin on B final victory.

Certainly wasn't end to end stuff. Poor game, Cargin stayed in the dressing rooms for the second half, goals win games.