Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 27, 2022, 03:44:05 PM
If only one is really injured who are the others who are feigning injury/using it as an excuse?

Quote from: bannside on May 27, 2022, 03:40:56 PM
As far as I know there is really only one person missing because of injury. And every county will have one or two on the treatment table.

This is a 50/50 game that we need to be winning..are Antrim too big NOT to be placing some kind of priority on this? Or are we now saying the Tailltean Cup is above a realistic aspiration too? I mean should Leitrim be taking it more seriously than us, and if so WHY?

Go win the game and see where it takes us!
Cant understand why those younger lads mentioned have left, would of been a good opportunity to make a name for themselves / establish themselves

marty34

Quote from: Spike on May 27, 2022, 04:09:24 PM
it is a real pity the GAA didnt try to hype the competition up correctly.  Has started off on the wrong foot already.   it was sold as a Joe McDonagh but delivered as a Tommy Murphy.  Hopefully next year they'll try a bit harder

In one way, they had a press day with players from the participating counties and loads of interviews were done with the media - written and spoken etc. No issue with that.

In a way, it's a 'secondary' competition - and outhwith the respective counties, there mightn't be much interest until the semi-final stage.  Various counties have a sense of entitlement unfortunately but this is where they're atso the games should be 50/50.

On the other hand, the GAA should have had the cup ready for the PR or involve kids from the counties in its design etc.  Also winners should get a free trip to New York or somewhere - before Christmas just an incentive for the players.

Maybe winners to get automatic to next years Sam Maguire or more incentives.

Or play ithe final before the AIF.

stiffler

Give the winners a route back into the All Ireland series.

A play off with one of the quarter finalists. Would take a slight reshuffle of the calendar, but could work.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 27, 2022, 09:40:44 AM
Ah come on MR2 it is a bit of baiting nothing else

Reffing I have no doubt is the toughest job on the pitch with the least amount of thanks or praise. Those who think you boys do it for the money are not near it, you would get more working in a Spar or a bar for a few hours than for reffing

Keep up the average work  ;)

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 10:54:01 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on May 26, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Is this the same referee's boss who overseen a mini riot in the minor game between MGlass and St Brigids?

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 26, 2022, 03:47:05 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 12:19:06 PM
Any thoughts on our contest with Leitrim on Saturday? See PP have us as firm favourites at 4/7.
Lets hope for an Antrim win, we could do with a boost. The way things have turned out with Leitrim at home its a 50/50

Some craic with the ref battering...

Obviously haven't read the book, how to win friends and influence people for dummies

Money, I'd earn more money in a weeks work than on the pitch over the year, it's not for money lol.. add in fuel costs and time away from watching you're own club or family, that not even counting the abuse ;D...

Keeping telling people 'who know best' try it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffsof82

Going to head down to carrick on Shannon, more in hope than expectation if I'm honest

bannside

Fair play Saffs, enjoy, hope the journey home is a happy one. I'm setting for the tv this time round.. hopefully there will be another day out.

BrendanAntrim

Some very bad wides so far. Not a fluent start

imtommygunn

I don't like the look of this so far :(

imtommygunn

Turning into a hammering.

antrimman667

BrendanAntrim

Shooting is just dire. What happened to this team from Louth match onwards? They look bereft of confidence, shape, system. Shivers is doing very well.

imtommygunn

:(

At least the camogs are winning. (Though they look to be in a tight game)

paddyjohn

Haha Pat Shivers lost a boot! 😂😂

Wise up PRO ffs.

country bumpkin

Cleaned out completely in the middle....from start to finish....

Big Pat about the only man to hold his head high...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 28, 2022, 03:46:07 PM
Quote from: antrimman667 on May 28, 2022, 02:37:08 PM
McGinley has to go
I suppose if you were looking logically at it, you could arrive at that suggestion. I imagine if someone else in Antrim had have been over a team that served up such dung in a championship then the calls for his departure would have been from every corner.
Indeed, you may even say that someone so inexperienced should never have been given the task.

Logic, however, is not to be expected from the Duneane massive and he'll be backed and backed again.

Duneane massive.....why..?