Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on March 31, 2022, 08:18:37 PM
Antrim 10/1 Cavan 3/1 favs to win tailteann Cup with Paddy Power. Not sure where they are getting this idea from!

If we were recent Ulster champions I'd say our odds would be better. If you are looking at league form  and placings then that would be foolish.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cavan will be favourites to beat us. Previous champions and much better championship record recently and otherwise. I still think it's as good a chance for a win in ulster as it has been in a long time but any Cavan fan probably expects to beat us!

rogercasement

Cavan will expect to beat us, I expect Cavan to beat us, my pt
Is I don't think they justify 3/1 favs to win Tailtean Cup.

imtommygunn

I think we might beat them but agreed on favourites. I think Fermanagh have a very good chance and maybe Offaly. Down seem to be in a bit of disarray so not sure about them.

Belfast GAA man

the johnnies have had a good start this year - who is taking them this year?
dont write the Gorts off just yet - usually got lots of points at home

Saffsof82

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 31, 2022, 09:26:58 PM
the johnnies have had a good start this year - who is taking them this year?
dont write the Gorts off just yet - usually got lots of points at home
[/quote

Aaron Douglas and Benny Marron.
Gorts last season in div 1 for a while

country bumpkin

Can our young Saffrons pull off a shock tonight in Owenbeg?

Not beyond them despite the opinion of the bookies....

bannside

Best of luck to all involved. Just leaving here shortly to head up.

Would ye whist

Half time here and so far so good, bar my toes which I can't feel

imtommygunn

Fifteen minutes into the second half and still very much in the game. 10 9 Derry.

EOC1923

I thought it was a well organised Antrim team matching Derry throughout with real hunger and quality, we'll conditioned too. Just fell short, that referee highly annoying.

Dreen

Credit to players and management tonight, just fell short. Around half the squad still eligible next year

EOC1923

Something to build on there

bannside

An Antrim performance to be very proud of in a night we lost nothing in defeat. That's four times I saw this team and every match they got better. Expect quite a few of this group to kick on in Saffron in coming years....and a rare gem in their midst!

Dreen