Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffsof82

Why MR , do you think I'm wrong. Just stating what is there to see. Perhaps there is an explanation for it but doesn't look good.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 19, 2022, 07:13:16 PM
Big Marty will definitely start. I really liked Dermie in around the middle against Longford, great use of the ball. Kevin makes the bench so hamstring must be ok.
You wouldn't know there was a football game on tomorrow if you looked at our social media, small ball coverage everywhere

Not far wrong in that perception Saffso, that football team.as presented on fb will positively not start tomorrow in Ardee..

country bumpkin

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 19, 2022, 07:44:30 PM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 19, 2022, 07:13:16 PM
Big Marty will definitely start. I really liked Dermie in around the middle against Longford, great use of the ball. Kevin makes the bench so hamstring must be ok.
You wouldn't know there was a football game on tomorrow if you looked at our social media, small ball coverage everywhere

Not far wrong in that perception Saffso, that football team.as presented on fb will positively not start tomorrow in Ardee..
Team.has been changed two minutes ago.....

Saffsof82

Limerick beat Laois this evening by the minimum. They go top now, one point a as head of us

Kidder81

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 19, 2022, 07:36:16 PM
Why MR , do you think I'm wrong. Just stating what is there to see. Perhaps there is an explanation for it but doesn't look good.

So there was an announcement of the Antrim hurling team yesterday, not exactly wall to wall coverage

EOC1923

There's a report in the Irish Independent about the state of Louth underage football after getting beat by Dublin in the Leinster minor championship today by 25 points. Antrim getting defeats like this week in week out lately but we are so used to it now we don't question anything.

Saffsof82

Tbf Louth have a very good u20 team, drew with Tyrone in the Leo Murphy cup. Our minors well beat by Tyrone today I see.

bannside

After three games our minors are bottom of the league and minus 40 in point difference. Not a statistic anyone wants to see. A mountain of work needing done, as we all already know.

bannside

A lot of possible permutations can happen between now and next Sunday....but....in a nutshell, IF we win today, and Fermanagh can claim both points at Westmeath, we are guaranteed promotion today after 6 rounds. Good luck to players and management today.

Can we be enjoying a celebration tonight?

Sportacus

If we beat Louth then that would be a proper statement of intent.  They are going really well.  If we beat them, then this team is going places.

Belfast GAA man

Is thd match on any streams ?

Milltown Row2

Not a good day for Antrim, next week hopefully dust themselves down and go again.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Every team (in any sport) can have an off day, and today was exactly that. We were hammered today, make no mistake about that. Very few players can look in the mirror tonight and say they did well, ironically a few who can were some of the first to be taken off! There were a few who got the full tenure (yet again) and I've no idea how they managed to get full game time.

Today was as poor as I can recall. I was hoping to be able to post something much more positive, but if we are going to call a spade a spade, we have no place in division two on today's performance.

Louth looked like a well drilled team today, we were the exact opposite. We looked like we had met up in the carpark before the game....that's the stark reality! Bad weekend at office all round, hurlers hammered and minors mauled.

bannside

The maths at this stage are straight forward. We need to beat Westmeath, and we need Fermanagh to do us a favour and go to Limerick and turn them over. Thankfully after their draw today they still have an outside chance of promotion, and therefore all still to play for.

All we can do is put on a performance at home against Westmeath and hope for results going in our favour in Limerick..but it's out of our hands at this stage.

Kidder81

Quote from: bannside on March 20, 2022, 09:18:25 PM
The maths at this stage are straight forward. We need to beat Westmeath, and we need Fermanagh to do us a favour and go to Limerick and turn them over. Thankfully after their draw today they still have an outside chance of promotion, and therefore all still to play for.

All we can do is put on a performance at home against Westmeath and hope for results going in our favour in Limerick..but it's out of our hands at this stage.

I thought I read Fermanagh have nothing to play for