Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 11:49:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 11:35:23 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on November 05, 2021, 11:27:00 PM
I've spent my last half hour going through clubs in Antrim and then I moved to Derry, I have a wee bit of knowledge of the tyrone scene, couldn't come up with one club that havent had an outsider managing them. Senior this is.
Not even Rossa?

Who did the Johnnies have?
Peter McKeever from Armagh

No, Mckeever won intermediate championship with the Super T's , wasn't with johnnies

Saffronaldo

I'm not defending anything. If you read back through my posts you will see I would like the introduction of a rule whereby you can only manage your own club.

If it makes you feel better about yourself, by all means give us another emoji though...

geezer

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:58:55 PM
I'm not defending anything. If you read back through my posts you will see I would like the introduction of a rule whereby you can only manage your own club.

If it makes you feel better about yourself, by all means give us another emoji though...

Errigal ciaran would have a quare management team if that were the case!

Calm Down

FFS man I was staying out of this one, yes please however look back at the definition of illegal and unlawful

Not a QC btw only a lowly lecturer

author=Duine Inteacht Eile link=topic=21.msg2084802#msg2084802 date=1636156477]
Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:44:40 PM
Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 05, 2021, 11:42:27 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 05, 2021, 11:32:29 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:26:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2021, 11:21:37 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 05, 2021, 11:16:51 PM
Hypothetically, if a glenravel man took the clubs seniors but lived in belfast and he was paid a bit for travel. Would that be cheating?

Travel expenses are fine regardless of where they live, phone usage back in the day was a good money spinner

I dont know if there is a rule or not about paying managers, genuinely dont. But if a club raises funds via lotto, fundraisers etc then what is the problem with them using that money to pay a manager?
It would be against the rules just.

Fouling an opponent is cheating. Play-acting is cheating. Curious that you're perfectly comfortable supporting a team who do both yet pontificate about cheating to others but I guess you've made your peace with your rank hypocrisy....
:-[
Embarrassing the lengths people will go to defend this. Have a word with yourself.

Fouling ffs  ;D

Had a word with myself there. We both agreed you're on shaky ground with the cherry picking approach to what sorry of cheating is ok and what isn't.
;D
A club making a considered decision to illegally (GAA rules or otherwise for Calm Down QC) pay a salary to a manager v a mistimed tackle from a wing back.

I agree, there really isn't much of a difference there.... ::)

There are no limits to the defence of this.....
[/quote]

Calm Down

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 12:05:44 AM
Lecturer? That's a bit disappointing.
You came across as though you had much more to offer than that.

You sound like my wife!

Double edged sword I could have chosen a life in practice but I fear I would be as popular as MR2 in the Elk

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on November 06, 2021, 12:08:58 AM

You sound like my wife!

Double edged sword I could have chosen a life in practice but I fear I would be as popular as MR2 in the Elk

Ah intimidation!  Why would the patrons of the Elk dislike me? Are you saying life would be difficult?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2021, 12:18:17 AM
Quote from: Calm Down on November 06, 2021, 12:08:58 AM

You sound like my wife!

Ah intimidation!  Why would the patrons of the Elk dislike me? Are you saying life would be difficult?

Jeez MR2 relax pal! I am sure the patrons of the Elk would happily mob you with drinks and kind retorts! Life in NI for a lot of my friends who read their articles after we studied together was no picnic during darker days as you can imagine

paddyjohn

Even the Toome wans disagreed with each other many a night in the Elk!

country bumpkin

Jeez some chat on 'paid management' and in particular one poor souls almost complete focus on D C.
Can assure that worried soul who it does seem loses sleep in his infatuation with that individual.
Can pit his mind at rest by assuring him that Cargin, does NOT pay any management but some individual(s) take care of any expenses to senior manager.
Such is outside control or the sanction of the club.

Hope that puts the poor soul who worries so much about a crowd of Culchies.

On another issue which may provoke thoughtful and perhaps positivity why is Cargin the sole club from the South West to have won a senior football championship since Con Magees way back in 1966.
Since then Erins Own have secured 10 and have endured the diappointment of beaten finalists in 11 occasions.

Some would suggest those hallions from Toome scared the life out of those poor folk in Belfast.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 09:24:25 AM
Who is infatuated with Damien Cassidy?

As for the reason SW clubs outside of Cargin have had such little success in Antrim championship, those clubs would have to answer that themselves.

The St Galls team of 5-20 years ago didn't seem to be scared of anyone, let alone "the hallions from Toome", to be fair to them. Indeed, they probably have the right to claim the exact opposite.

Well as you don't wish to reveal your own club will assume you are a city dweller.

Your second para underlines why Cargin did not or indeed could not intimidate any city dwellers...

Milltown Row2

Having a siege mentality is grand, everyone is against us. But blaming others for defeat is pure daft, lose with dignity, dust yourselves down and go at it again, the way Cargin never give up is a credit to the mentors that look after their teams. As a supporter I could look back at countless games where we didn't get the rub of the green or decisions went against us. That's life!

Being bitter about it is unhealthy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffronaldo

It would probably be easier for those supporters to lose with dignity if their team were treated fairly.

Video evidence certainly suggests that wasn't the case.

Anyway, in a desperate attempt to move on from the gaslighting and pomposity of some, am I the only one who thinks Aghagallon are perhaps being underestimated coming into this final?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 06, 2021, 10:32:23 AM
It would probably be easier for those supporters to lose with dignity if their team were treated fairly.

Video evidence certainly suggests that wasn't the case.

Anyway, in a desperate attempt to move on from the gaslighting and pomposity of some, am I the only one who thinks Aghagallon are perhaps being underestimated coming into this final?

How long will you be on the board this time Angelo? The ban won't be long coming, you'll undoubtedly be unable to resist getting the boot

Saffronaldo

I have no idea who Angelo is. Perhaps it would be best if we just leave this discussion here, i don't think there's anything more to be gained from rehashing events of the other week. Especially if it leads to false accusations as to my identity.