Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

100% agree. Have no doubt they would have went ahead with it had they not been gettinh so much abuse on social media.

But take a look on twitter today, everyone thinks they are heroes.

Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 11:38:54 AM
Have they? For many I think PG1 will have gone done in people's estimations, had it not have been for the poor publicity they were receiving and the force of public opinion I believe they would have proceeded with an appeal, if not why seek clarification unless they did not get the response they wanted from the CCC?

Jeepers Creepers

All's well that ends well! We move onto the final.

JimStynes

That's the end of the saga!

Predictions for the final? Creggan will be massive favourites but we will give it a go. Is there an official date and time?

bannside

There are some idiots here who are quick to dive in without a proper understanding of how clubs work. Maybe some of you haven't served on committees or understand how these things work. There's executive members, extended committee members, standard club members, team management, team first team players, then squad members. Maybe a club sponsor may have a view. There are so many constituent parts that make up a club. This happened Sunday night. Many said let it go, others sure check out the validity first. That happened. Social media kicked in like wildfire before our club committee even got a chance to discuss and review. When they did, the correct call was made. For anyone to try to denigrate our club for any part of this is just plain ignorant of how club governing and communication structures work. So please wise up some of you. Social media did not influence our clubs decision in any way. Cool heads behind the scenes were always in control, just needed a few hours to quieten the influence of a few who sought to peddle their own agenda.

This story has passed. Casements relinquished an opportunity to get the match relayed with a key player back. Thankfully most on here recognise that for what it is, the upkeep of sporting integrity.

bannside

Good call Jim. Heard Creggan have brought in a few big guns to assist with preparation.

geezer

Creggan will be favorites and rightly so but Aghagallon will give them all they want and more. They have really dangerous forwards who will need close attention.

Mickey Linden

General question for some of you lads who have more knowledge of the rules than me. Complete general question with no example in mind before I start a row of some sort lol

When a game goes into extra time I know its considered a new game. Someone that got 2 yellows can play for example. If someone was serving a 1 match ban are they eligible to play then or Im assuming they have to be part of the squad for normal time?

johnnycool

If you got two yellows in ordinary time, you can't play in extra time. You can be replaced by someone else on the panel and your team can start with the full compliment again if that's what you are asking.

Truth hurts

suspension includes extra time

Mickey Linden

Calm Down

I'm sorry BS I don't buy this and deep down I do not think that you either believe it yourself or agree that your club should have sought clarification.

All the parties you have stated could have met and decided if they would seek clarification from the CCC, as opposed to seeking clarification and meeting on it. Can you confirm what the CCC said in relation to the request for clarification.

From what I can see on here you seem like a decent bloke, however your frustrations are coming through calling people idiots, who exactly are you frustrated with? The public who have stated Casements were wrong in even considering an appeal or the club for considering seeking an appeal?

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2021, 12:46:58 PM
There are some idiots here who are quick to dive in without a proper understanding of how clubs work. Maybe some of you haven't served on committees or understand how these things work. There's executive members, extended committee members, standard club members, team management, team first team players, then squad members. Maybe a club sponsor may have a view. There are so many constituent parts that make up a club. This happened Sunday night. Many said let it go, others sure check out the validity first. That happened. Social media kicked in like wildfire before our club committee even got a chance to discuss and review. When they did, the correct call was made. For anyone to try to denigrate our club for any part of this is just plain ignorant of how club governing and communication structures work. So please wise up some of you. Social media did not influence our clubs decision in any way. Cool heads behind the scenes were always in control, just needed a few hours to quieten the influence of a few who sought to peddle their own agenda.

This story has passed. Casements relinquished an opportunity to get the match relayed with a key player back. Thankfully most on here recognise that for what it is, the upkeep of sporting integrity.

quit yo jibbajabba

Bannsides 100% right, ignorance in part in that these things take time.
Also a general societal thing now where there is a demand for instant info/updates and when it doesnt come the whole thing goes into overdrive. Case in point was how busy this thread was yesterday, i didnt go near twitter im sure it was fun too..

Mickey Linden

I think its time to draw a line under yesterday. The 2 teams most deserving to be in the final will be there and hopefully it will be a good game to end what has been a fascinating championship to date. 

Flanker

Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:00:02 PM
I'm sorry BS I don't buy this and deep down I do not think that you either believe it yourself or agree that your club should have sought clarification.

All the parties you have stated could have met and decided if they would seek clarification from the CCC, as opposed to seeking clarification and meeting on it. Can you confirm what the CCC said in relation to the request for clarification.

From what I can see on here you seem like a decent bloke, however your frustrations are coming through calling people idiots, who exactly are you frustrated with? The public who have stated Casements were wrong in even considering an appeal or the club for considering seeking an appeal?

CD BS has articulated this well
This only kicked off on Sunday evening. To suggest that you could get all parties together without establishing the facts on Sunday night is just a bit ridiculous. Anyone who has any understanding of how clubs /comittees work would know that you need to have your information factually correct beforehand.
Anyone who has ever been in a position or close to a position within a club will probably agree to get this to a conclusion within 24 and a bit hours is some achievement. I would be surprised if Aghagallon despite their initial disappointment would not agree with this as well on reflection. Casements is not 1 person, it is not a committee it is a wide group of members. The key thing is to bring everyone with you in the decision. There is no shortage of examples of much smaller and trivial issues that have caused splits and grievances in virtually every club in the country. There would have been a good few guys in PG1 who wouldnt have got much work done yesterday. Time to move on

Calm Down

I do not doubt any of this, however my point is when you put the wheels in motion of seeking a clarification you are opening a can of worms, as they had 72 hours to launch an appeal surely they could have met to see if a clarification would affect how they would act. After all the clarification would be yes the rules were not followed or the rules were followed. Why not meet to say, should we seek clarification? If the rules were not followed will an appeal follow? The process/decision was clear as there could only be one of two outcomes from the clarification sought

Quote from: Flanker on November 02, 2021, 02:44:00 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on November 02, 2021, 02:00:02 PM

CD BS has articulated this well
This only kicked off on Sunday evening. To suggest that you could get all parties together without establishing the facts on Sunday night is just a bit ridiculous. Anyone who has any understanding of how clubs /comittees work would know that you need to have your information factually correct beforehand.
Anyone who has ever been in a position or close to a position within a club will probably agree to get this to a conclusion within 24 and a bit hours is some achievement. I would be surprised if Aghagallon despite their initial disappointment would not agree with this as well on reflection. Casements is not 1 person, it is not a committee it is a wide group of members. The key thing is to bring everyone with you in the decision. There is no shortage of examples of much smaller and trivial issues that have caused splits and grievances in virtually every club in the country. There would have been a good few guys in PG1 who wouldnt have got much work done yesterday. Time to move on