Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Yeah understand, but I still don't understand how these individuals or if it was there managers who gave them permission paint the picture of total committment, when it is not. I know if i was playing I would have reservations about them or the managers if that was the case. Everything thing that happens around a team is not in isolation, it has a knock on effect or a consequence effect and for me it would me we do not have a unit who are ALL, COMPLETELY committed. Thats just me...its may not be your cup of tea, but that is how it has to be for me.

milltown row

CJ wanted to start game as would anybody who's carry an injury because of the tie and where it was being played.

commitment is not judged on playing a college game commitment is judge on what he has done over the year. playing county, playing club hurling and football. conor played a county match in Clare on the saturday and on the Sunday played a hurling match in Ballycastle, thats commitment.

i'm sure everybody is fully aware of task ahead and it will take a good team to put them out of this club Championship

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: milltown row on November 06, 2007, 04:05:26 PM
commitment is not judged on playing a college game commitment is judge on what he has done over the year. playing county, playing club hurling and football. conor played a county match in Clare on the saturday and on the Sunday played a hurling match in Ballycastle, thats commitment.

Keeps him out of trouble, crime and vandalism on a Saturday night being a Belfast city boy where it takes extra commitment to do something worthwhile  ;D  (culchie beating expected  :D)

Never knew he played hurling, fine footballer though, seen him for Antrim in the Tommy Murphy cup final.  I hear he scored a bagful in the Antrim SFC semi final and they had 5 different man markers on him??  Any Antrim-ites confrim this?  Also how did he play in the Antrim SFC final?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

highcatch

How many McGourtys are there?

milltown row

two sisters played in ulster football final 2 weeks ago and a week later played in a senior all ireland camogie final.

very sporting family

ONeill

The McGourty question:

Kevin - Talented. Opinionated. Ambitious. Individualistic.
Kieran - Intelligent. Talented. Team Player. Untidy.
CJ - Brilliant. Natural. Over-used.

SaffronSam would know more.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SeanSouth

Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2007, 12:39:04 AM
The McGourty question:

SaffronSam would know more.

Are you still as friendly with Sean Mc Gourty, O'Neill? Not the most impartial observer are you?

ONeill

I'd never compromise my integrity. So you're saying those descriptions are inaccurate? Let's hear the correct version then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theskull1

The craic will have to wait hardstation. Dunloy are playing Newbridge this weekend. Hopefully the Johnnies and StPauls will be fully into "off season" mode by the time Dunloy get to them  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Should Dunloy not have 5 games to play (Lamh Dhearg plus 4) or is there a cut off date??

Rasharkin play second bottom don't they?

Could be an interesting game too.

maxpower

Dunloy have five league games to play, and Ulster semi-final (possibly a final) and an Ulster hurling league final to play, if they were to beat Newbridge (big ask) they would then surely be playing right up to christmas.

After the two results at the weekend it will certainly give them hope.  I was very impressed with them yesterday
What happens next????

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2007, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: maxpower on November 12, 2007, 10:14:15 AM
Dunloy have five league games to play, and Ulster semi-final (possibly a final) and an Ulster hurling league final to play, if they were to beat Newbridge (big ask) they would then surely be playing right up to christmas.

After the two results at the weekend it will certainly give them hope.  I was very impressed with them yesterday
Is this not done and dusted? Holy fcuk, what a nuisance.

In fairness, if someone was getting paid to administrate the competition, then the final stages of it might have been orginised better  :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

billy the kid

Are you still as friendly with Sean Mc Gourty, O'Neill? Not the most impartial observer are you?

ONeill

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd never compromise my integrity. So you're saying those descriptions are inaccurate? Let's hear the correct version then.

Heres a more accurate one for you Oneill:

Kevin - V.Talented. Opinionated. Individualistic. Big Headed, Complete Knob Should be playing for his county as they need him
Kieran - Intelligent.Team Player. Untidy. Average ability, but looks good because hes playing in agood team
CJ - Brilliant. Natural. Over-used. one of the best prospects anywhere in ulster for YEARS. Wasted in Antrim

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

imtommygunn

Another valuable post from Billy...

The Dunloy situation is interesting.

I think they can win two of their remaining games - against st pauls and st johns - but I'm not sure, though I hope I'm wrong, they can beat Lamh Dhearg.

St Johns and St Pauls are bad travellers at the best of times but at this time of year with nothing to play for they'll be worse.

If my predictions are right, which they often aren't but hey might as well give an opinion, then Moneyglass to go automatically and Dunloy for the play off against Rasharkin.

Of course there is then score difference which at the minute the difference stands as 8 in Dunloy's favour. With Cargin and St Galls to play I don't see that doing much for Dunloy's score difference though. Who knows - at least it makes the league interesting now as , as far as I know, the top end is sealed up.