Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

The antrim u17 development squad weren't allowed to buy a sandwich deal for  30 lads at £3 .
But one player can collect €375 for boots ! I wonder whose need us greater !

country bumpkin

Jeez no wonder we are bottom of the heap in Ulster and near enough 31st on the National scene..........and indeed the minor footballers were fed by the Loughmacrory club after their game on Saturday.
Seems those with the Vision do not understand that those players, young and older wear the Saffron as our standard bearers deserve of our best and indeed they are infinitely more important than those who do sit on high.
Just as well an All Ireland senior title is not imminent as those who dictate policy would not hear of the traditional banquet.
As Benjamin Franklin once said, 'Fail to Prepare you are preparing to Fail', is a lesson yet to be learned.

Belfast GAA man

What have Antrim Vision County board achieved? They were highly criticial of the last county board but I'm struggling to see what difference they have made 15 months in......

BrendanAntrim

€370 for boots??!! 😳 That's crazy.

Last Man

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 15, 2017, 08:50:10 PM
1 pair of FG boots
1 pair of SG boots
1 pair of running shoes
not far away from 370 and all of it has to be backed up with receipts.

JimStynes

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 15, 2017, 08:50:10 PM

That's fair enough I reckon.

paddyjohn

Decent boots will be €80-€100 upwards. €370 is fair enough.

delgany

The €375 isn't the issue ....it's the £23 000... that it will cost to clubs in the County ! Yet u17s couldn't get  £90 for a sandwich deal . Even though club antrim have made donations for upkeep of Development squads !

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 15, 2017, 08:46:56 PM
What have Antrim Vision County board achieved? They were highly criticial of the last county board but I'm struggling to see what difference they have made 15 months in......
A tough question indeed but to be fair they have within a really superb administrator in the PRO who is really excelling in his role, and looks a huge prospect for a higher office ???

Galer

Whats the craic with the u 17s not gettin fed? Can someone tell me the whole story and why can the cb not fund both teams in one day?

Milltown Row2

Played in juvenile county teams, never got fed once! Still alive and kicking!! Wtf?? When do we actually wise the feck up!! I drive my kids to all their games, hockey.. I pay £90 plus quid for the two of them per season and whatever else needs paid for and they never get fed! Keep coming back and love it! So do we base on playing for the county teams the development squads on getting fed? Bring a feck lunch with yas ffs!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on March 16, 2017, 10:49:22 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on March 16, 2017, 10:34:17 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 15, 2017, 08:46:56 PM
A tough question indeed but to be fair they have within a really superb administrator in the PRO who is really excelling in his role, and looks a huge prospect for a higher office ???
For one, they have built up relations with CSC which saw a hand over of £25,000 this year. That mightn't be great, you may say. Compare it to the actions of the previous board who cost our county a fortune through illegally closing the club, not paying staff redundancy etc as well as having us plastered all over the papers when they threatened to individually sue people for no other reason than they were members of an Antrim Supporters club, which included many past players, managers and others who have given a great service to Antrim GAA (not to mention our only football all star).
The new board may not have moved the earth but by fcuk, they are nowhere near as bad as the shower that went before.
Is Casement Social club closed now HS?
Sure when Rossa come to Toome u can always get a pint here :)

bannside

I also don't buy into this whole sense of player entitlement. When I was 17 and invited onto the county minor panel I was so honoured that the thought of being peeved at not receiving the obligatory sandwich on the bus was inconceivable. Even more so when you know you are going to be reasonably well fed on the return trip.

If any player took a huff over something as mimimal as this can fcuk off in my book. It's an honour to represent your county....not the other way round.

bannside

I was involved in managing development squads for a good few years and nothing bugged me more than the wee brat who would be constantly saying "Mister when are we going to get our gear?"

I used to say if that's the reason you're here you'd better off going back home again. You're here to serve your county....not the other way round!

paddyjohn

I don't think it's a sense of player entitlement. Christ almighty if our county can't buy a £3 sandwhich for a 17 year old then I don't know.

People forget these "brats" are our future.