Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Seems some in high places are fuming at the venue decided on for the senior final......resignation ???

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2016, 11:56:34 AM
Seems some in high places are fuming at the venue decided on for the senior final......resignation ???

Hardly.. saffron vision n all that

Milltown Row2

Jesus lads do you want the game in your own backyard every year? Sure won't matter to Cargin ffs they've a great record in Corrigan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2016, 03:43:25 PM

Jesus lads do you want the game in your own backyard every year? Sure won't matter to Cargin ffs they've a great record in Corrigan
And how many times have Gall's won an Antrim title anywhere other than a mile away from Milltown, and in a pitch which served as their home ground for quite a time MR2....think maybe once :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2016, 05:10:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2016, 03:43:25 PM

And how many times have Gall's won an Antrim title anywhere other than a mile away from Milltown, and in a pitch which served as their home ground for quite a time MR2....think maybe once :)

We beat you lot twice recently and I remember us beating your lot in Rasharkin!! County finals have been in general played at county grounds! We have no control over that, we just happen to live nearby.

Was only our home ground cause we kept winning, that was you fault surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Listen just saying there is a row bout final at Corrigan on a monetary issue cause it is quite certain that the venue will not attract any/many neutrals.
Hearing one individual changed final venue from original committee choice as Glenavy.
Matters not to Cargin as to where and our support base will positively outnumber those in blue and white, and as u mentioned previously our lads will need to fall flat on their faces if Galls are to gain the day.
They were a superb side but those days are just as memory ....they may well surprise on Sunday, but in my humble opinion those glory days are past.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2016, 06:08:39 PM
Listen just saying there is a row bout final at Corrigan on a monetary issue cause it is quite certain that the venue will not attract any/many neutrals.
Hearing one individual changed final venue from original committee choice as Glenavy.
Matters not to Cargin as to where and our support base will positively outnumber those in blue and white, and as u mentioned previously our lads will need to fall flat on their faces if Galls are to gain the day.
They were a superb side but those days are just as memory ....they may well surprise on Sunday, but in my humble opinion those glory days are past.

They are and Cargin are worthy champions. Hopefully they'll represent Antrim well in the Ulster championship.. and not settle getting one over a team well past it's best

country bumpkin

Certainly have been known to be wrong MR2......only speaking as I have seen over the past couple of years....u have not replaced Kevin Mc Gourty and still retain several who were not making the team a few years back are now starting despite all at 30+.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2016, 06:37:56 PM
Certainly have been known to be wrong MR2......only speaking as I have seen over the past couple of years....u have not replaced Kevin Mc Gourty and still retain several who were not making the team a few years back are now starting despite all at 30+.

Cargin have a few at 30+ surely?

country bumpkin

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 09, 2016, 06:37:56 PM
Have indeed but not in such category.......recalled after absence from start list.

bogieman

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 09, 2016, 04:59:29 PM
Who has resigned?

The big lad, doesn't have the saffron vision  ;)
It will not be long till he's back.
Is it not the chairmans perogative, so what's the issue ?
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on October 11, 2016, 07:34:57 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 09, 2016, 04:59:29 PM
Who has resigned?

The big lad
It will not be long till he's back.
Is it not the chairmans perogative, so what's the issue ?

I would have thought so.. same as picking the referee for finals, committte propose someone and the chairman says yea or nay, I could be corrected.   

Not much talk about the game  :o

paddyjohn

country bumpkin

Think the problem may well be the suitability of Corrigan as great sod but not spectator friendly and who can gurantee the safety of the Culchie's cars?
Have 9/4 Cargin and considering laying off a few bob to ensure profit......can get 1/1 Galls MR2....what u think?