Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Philip Maguire a class act tonight. Always looking to attack and can convert too. Michael McCann superb at midfield too.

Gold

Phil Maguire is flying and top drawer potentially. Great to see
Hope Sean is ok, great heart and great fella
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Great win btw when did we last beat Down!? 2000?!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

themac_23

Heard an interesting rumour today about 2 junior belfast clubs joining for senior football this year as both are struggling for numbers, anyone else heard this?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: themac_23 on January 19, 2014, 12:18:00 PM
Heard an interesting rumour today about 2 junior belfast clubs joining for senior football this year as both are struggling for numbers, anyone else heard this?

No.

manballandall

Yes. Eire and mc dermotts apparently amalgamating

themac_23

Quote from: manballandall on January 19, 2014, 02:48:38 PM

Yeah that's what I heard myself, if they get everyone pulling together they could be a handy enough side at that level, bit unfair on other smaller clubs though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on January 19, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

Yeah that's what I heard myself, if they get everyone pulling together they could be a handy enough side at that level, bit unfair on other smaller clubs though.

Strange mix of clubs joining together, I've said before, too many clubs in Belfast
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2014, 07:59:08 PM

Strange mix of clubs joining together, I've said before, too many clubs in Belfast

Your right, so when are you going to fold, can't wait ;D ;D lol just used my first smiley, didn't see those b4

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 19, 2014, 08:24:39 PM

Your right, so when are you going to fold, can't wait ;D ;D lol just used my first smiley, didn't see those b4

Going to join up with Lamhs and the Johnnies ;) Rossa can go and fcuk
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2014, 08:26:48 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 19, 2014, 08:24:39 PM

Going to join up with Lamhs and the Johnnies ;) Rossa can go and fcuk

It is a strange mix though, only stranger mix I can think of is you boys n the lamhs or davitts n st brigids

themac_23

It is a strange mix alright! Take it they will be playin div 3 then as I think that's what both teams were gonna be playing this year, would there be much red tape in amalgamating at senior level?

Gizzy15

Quote from: themac_23 on January 19, 2014, 08:41:26 PM
It is a strange mix alright! Take it they will be playin div 3 then as I think that's what both teams were gonna be playing this year, would there be much red tape in amalgamating at senior level?

Think you will find the macs got relegated but Eire og got promoted, dunno how it will work, btw our county does red tape better than anyone when they want.

themac_23

Did they go down? I thought only Aggies went down and 2 were coming up to make a 10 team league. If it does go ahead I think they could make a handy side, not sure bout Eire og but mcdees always have a few very good players, always thought they were maybe 4 or 5 good players short, I'm sure the og players will give them that bit extra needed to push on

Gizzy15

Quote from: themac_23 on January 19, 2014, 08:56:21 PM
Did they go down? I thought only Aggies went down and 2 were coming up to make a 10 team league. If it does go ahead I think they could make a handy side, not sure bout Eire og but mcdees always have a few very good players, always thought they were maybe 4 or 5 good players short, I'm sure the og players will give them that bit extra needed to push on

Every league was 2 down, they still had 2 play aggies and the game never took place, if aggies had won they would have went above them in the league. Wouldn't put it past the county to let this go though.