Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: jftj on August 30, 2013, 04:21:00 PM
i think corrigan is a better place for a cship match.lamhs is too open to the elements.always seems to be a big wind to contend with.

Corrigan is in terrible condition. Surface is poor and the grass bank couldn't cater for a championship crowd.
New season - new reason

jftj

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on August 30, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
i think corrigan is a better place for a cship match.lamhs is too open to the elements.always seems to be a big wind to contend with.

Corrigan is in terrible condition. Surface is poor and the grass bank couldn't cater for a championship crowd.
if they were to get cship games then the other grass banks opposite the hill could be opened up.more than enough space to cater for cship game.playing surface is fine also.

CentreHalfBack

Have heard Tom Daly has recently contacted all clubs crying out for a letter of support for the redevelopment of CP for planning permission. Attached was 'some important points' to add the letter of support.
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: jftj on August 30, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

if they were to get cship games then the other grass banks opposite the hill could be opened up.more than enough space to cater for cship game.playing surface is fine also.

Would need to cut the other grass banks first of all.
New season - new reason

jftj

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on August 30, 2013, 05:27:11 PM
Quote from: jftj on August 30, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

Would need to cut the other grass banks first of all.
only a days work to do that.

Fra1971

Big games this Saturday, not sure where to go. Probably Ahoghill to see the IFC game too which should be tight and crabbit with it being a derby.

St Pauls will be no walkover for Galls on current form. But experience might get them through by 4 or 5.

i expect a tight game in the other semi with both sides finding form in their last games. Tough call. Anyone?

imtommygunn

Cargin would be strong favourites - can't see anything else happening.

Portglenone Rasharkin should be a tight one. Would expect Rasharkin to maybe sneak it.

Galls should win easy.

Minor A final should be interesting. Be nice to maybe see someone different like st endas win it for a change. They seem to have done a lot of good work at underage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 03, 2013, 01:51:06 PM
Big games this Saturday, not sure where to go. Probably Ahoghill to see the IFC game too which should be tight and crabbit with it being a derby.

St Pauls will be no walkover for Galls on current form. But experience might get them through by 4 or 5.

i expect a tight game in the other semi with both sides finding form in their last games. Tough call. Anyone?

On St Paul's current form? They have won 7 games this year! Won't be a walkover, we haven't had one since we beat Cargin last year in the semi's but we should win. Cargin should beat Creggan by 5/6 if they are serious about beating us in the final (which i think they will) Creggan seem beat before they play Cargin, maybe Creggan's new management will have instilled some belief in them I don't know but 'form' should see through
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

otbar

Would Glenavy not be a good venue?

Fancy creggan on saturday - cargin down a few with injuries I believe.
St galls should have very little bother Id imagine.

St galls will have played the quarter/semi and final in the same pitch if it was LD??????

Fra1971

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2013, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: Fra1971 on September 03, 2013, 01:51:06 PM

On St Paul's current form? They have won 7 games this year! Won't be a walkover, we haven't had one since we beat Cargin last year in the semi's but we should win. Cargin should beat Creggan by 5/6 if they are serious about beating us in the final (which i think they will) Creggan seem beat before they play Cargin, maybe Creggan's new management will have instilled some belief in them I don't know but 'form' should see through

on st galls current form I said. They don't seem themselves but it would be no surprise to see them cruise through at the same time. Class shines.

otbar galls last game was in ahoghill.

otbar

Ahh you are quite correct - but they would have had 2 outings on it before the final right?

Is LD in concrete for the final then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: otbar on September 03, 2013, 03:11:20 PM
Ahh you are quite correct - but they would have had 2 outings on it before the final right?

Is LD in concrete for the final then?

No
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fra1971

Nothings set in stone but I'll take a bet with anyone who wants it that the final will be in LD.

MR2 why are you not getting a cship game in the big ball? I see your clubmate is out twice too. Glad he has our lads game up 1st!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 03, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
Nothings set in stone but I'll take a bet with anyone who wants it that the final will be in LD.

MR2 why are you not getting a cship game in the big ball? I see your clubmate is out twice too. Glad he has our lads game up 1st!

I've ref'd a minor A championship game and lined one of the senior games, but haven't done a senior league game this year, I'm in no rush nor seek to be the main man, if I am picked to ref then grand if not, be no skin off my nose, I'd say though there is some bitching going on when these games are handed out :P

Fra1971

Very diplomatic response  ;)

its almost as if you're being watched  :P