Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fra1971

The smart money says Hannastown  ;)

ck

imtommygunn

Neither it nor the hurling CK as far as I know..

Still would be sceptical of cargin beating st galls. They've been a million miles behind this past few times. Maybe if the final is in the south west that will help as they beat them last championship game there if I recall correctly.(though that was the year of the second chance)

Glensman

Quote from: Fra1971 on August 27, 2013, 09:51:36 PM
The smart money says Hannastown  ;)

What is the story with LD getting so many games?
Is it the case of where else in the city could hold it?
Not complaining as there is plenty of parking and the surface looks great but just interested.

When a club hosts do they get a percentage of the gate or a fixed fee?

imtommygunn

Big pitch and maybe a good surface but not a great venue for spectators I'd have thought.

Would be nice to see a final in the south west for a change. Likewise hurling in north antrim.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2013, 10:16:25 AM
Big pitch and maybe a good surface but not a great venue for spectators I'd have thought.

Would be nice to see a final in the south west for a change. Likewise hurling in north antrim.

Lamhs pitch has been perfect this year in fairness, there hasn't been too many complaining about the viewing of the games also.

We have beaten Cargin in the South West Tommy, only last year we hammered them in Creggan so I don't think the venue will have much bearing on the result, I think Cargin are an improved team recently, O'Bolye back (I know he's played a couple of seasons) and McGill playing will defo improve any team, us with a few injuries and lads getting on a bit this year might be right for Cargin to finally dethrone us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think you'll hammer them wherever it is MR but it's high time considering the players Cargin have they at least give youse a game. I've went to a few of these games expecting something and they haven't even been competitive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2013, 12:03:10 PM
I think you'll hammer them wherever it is MR but it's high time considering the players Cargin have they at least give youse a game. I've went to a few of these games expecting something and they haven't even been competitive.

True, and disappointing I'd say from a neutral's point of view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jftj

mick mc cann will have to at least break even on gaga for cargin to have a chance-a thing he rarely manages to do.

manballandall

Cargins new management team in place is very good and I think when the boys haven't been playing county will make a difference

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2013, 12:03:10 PM

True, and disappointing I'd say from a neutral's point of view
From a neutral point of view the senior football championship has been disappointing for a good while.

The most interesting thing in senior football these days is the relegation dogfight in division 1.

I really hope Cargin can step up this year and at least make a game of it. A full forward line of Close, McCann and Magill should be able to be competitive with anyone.  I say should be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on August 28, 2013, 01:56:50 PM
mick mc cann will have to at least break even on gaga for cargin to have a chance-a thing he rarely manages to do.

Yeah you can have quality forwards like Cargin do but getting ball in is a different matter altogether. Being a bit bad claiming the final and the other quarter final and semi final yet to be played FFS!! St Paul's will be monitoring my posts  :o (they have already reported me!!) and post them up in the changing rooms before our game!!

If that were the case you'd do that for every game, print off something someone has printed and use it as a motivator!!

Fra1971

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 11:43:53 AM

Lamhs pitch has been perfect this year in fairness, there hasn't been too many complaining about the viewing of the games also.

We have beaten Cargin in the South West Tommy, only last year we hammered them in Creggan so I don't think the venue will have much bearing on the result, I think Cargin are an improved team recently, O'Bolye back (I know he's played a couple of seasons) and McGill playing will defo improve any team, us with a few injuries and lads getting on a bit this year might be right for Cargin to finally dethrone us

how would you know who was complaining or wasnt complaining?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on August 28, 2013, 06:13:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2013, 11:43:53 AM

how would you know who was complaining or wasnt complaining?

I was at the hurling games and the two football games that have been played there already this year, to me there was plenty of room and there didn't seem to be anybody complaining about the spectating part of it, that was the post I was referring to from tommy.

Have you thoughts on the venue?

jftj

i think corrigan is a better place for a cship match.lamhs is too open to the elements.always seems to be a big wind to contend with.