Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tweet from Sean McVeigh to say his scans have shown his heart has naturally reverted back to normal so he is back playing again.

That's good news. I thought he looked very good for Ballymena. Hopefully if back in the country he can make some kind of impact on the county panel.

manballandall

curious:
no doubt Bishop will get expect to get  better resource support from St. Brigid's than was the case at Saint Galls. Isin't that the reason the All Ireland winning management team stood down last year......  It seems that the previous football management weren't too despondent with the resources they received if one of the management has allowed his name to go fwd for the hurling job alongside a n other?. Is this true MR2? 

AQMP

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 16, 2012, 12:14:11 PM
Tweet from Sean McVeigh to say his scans have shown his heart has naturally reverted back to normal so he is back playing again.

That's good news. I thought he looked very good for Ballymena. Hopefully if back in the country he can make some kind of impact on the county panel.

Good news.  I've seen Sean play a couple of times and he always looked like a handy footballer.  Did well with London too.

Rasharkin Gael

Great news this morning for Sean McVeigh. If he is fit and committed he will push for his place at centrefield or at least give Frank an option.
Any word on the football think tanks theories for restructure. I have heard the hurling options but nothing for the big ball. If these are passed at convention will they come into effect for the 2013 season or does there have to be a time lag of a season between being passed and implemented? I have heard different theories! 

culchie11

Any changes will take a 2 3rds majority to change it this year.

Football focus groups findings are due this week.
Heard they want leagues to revert to the old div1 senior & reserve format!
Also they want all county underage leagues!

Good luck to Aghagallon & st galls tomorrow in their semi finals!

Rossa_SMacM

I see the Lamh Dearg men are proving themselves to be gentlemen on twitter in the aftermath of St Galls' defeat. Bad taste to be honest if you ask me.

@McVarnock @lamhdhearg09 if you want to follow it. I was going to respond but didn't want to fuel it.  Its stinking that these young kids are being so insulting to fellow Gaels.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossa_SMacM on November 20, 2012, 05:21:01 PM
I see the Lamh Dearg men are proving themselves to be gentlemen on twitter in the aftermath of St Galls' defeat. Bad taste to be honest if you ask me.

@McVarnock @lamhdhearg09 if you want to follow it. I was going to respond but didn't want to fuel it.  Its stinking that these young kids are being so insulting to fellow Gaels.

I'd worry about it if they started to win things at senior level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Why the big surprise with this? Wouldn't expect anything less. If this is the best they can come up with then its hilarious, childish and you're right HS downright embarassing for the club up the hill. If we were to do that about the lambs we'd end up like tweety pie tweeting every week:)

Saffrongael

I see St Galls keeper Chris Kerr made a bit of a dick out of himself on the Twitter after the match and has now protected his account so that nobody can see it.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

manballandall

bit of banter

The guy in question is a great fella who only posted a tweet to start a bit of banter. this tweet is not the opinion of the Lamh Dhearg club or fellow players just a guy messing with people on twitter and now its been blown out of all proportion. Certain St Galls players always have opinions on our county its players and its managers and they dont mind publishing them in main stream papers and theres not this much fuss kicked up about it so its time to wind our necks in. Im sure conor regrets how much grief his tweet has caused but it was no doubt a tweet sent to cause a discussion. If conor's tweet saying it was the end of an era for St Galls has upset so many people then they must have very little to worry about. Having been at the match i did witness St Galls so called stars vent their anger at their manager when things wernt going their way and he substituted them but then again its never their fault just everyone elses. I think conors tweet is a place for a few of them to hide behind. ANYWAY CROSS ARE DIFFERENT GRAVY so saved a few Galls supporters a few quid on travel and ticket expenses.

manballandall

Nobody upset on here, certainly not myself or MR2. In fact I think we didsmissed it and would take a lot more than a tweet to upset us. The majority of our club like to do our talking on the pitch and even the players you hinted at in your post have done plenty of talking on the pitch against the lambs. So we will leave it at that until we meet again in the championship and maybe save the lambs supporters a few quid again ;)

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: manballandall on November 22, 2012, 07:41:51 AM
Nobody upset on here, certainly not myself or MR2. In fact I think we didsmissed it and would take a lot more than a tweet to upset us. The majority of our club like to do our talking on the pitch and even the players you hinted at in your post have done plenty of talking on the pitch against the lambs. So we will leave it at that until we meet again in the championship and maybe save the lambs supporters a few quid again ;)

Very generous offer in these hard times.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bit of banter on November 21, 2012, 11:39:05 PM
The guy in question is a great fella who only posted a tweet to start a bit of banter. this tweet is not the opinion of the Lamh Dhearg club or fellow players just a guy messing with people on twitter and now its been blown out of all proportion. Certain St Galls players always have opinions on our county its players and its managers and they dont mind publishing them in main stream papers and theres not this much fuss kicked up about it so its time to wind our necks in. Im sure conor regrets how much grief his tweet has caused but it was no doubt a tweet sent to cause a discussion. If conor's tweet saying it was the end of an era for St Galls has upset so many people then they must have very little to worry about. Having been at the match i did witness St Galls so called stars vent their anger at their manager when things wernt going their way and he substituted them but then again its never their fault just everyone elses. I think conors tweet is a place for a few of them to hide behind. ANYWAY CROSS ARE DIFFERENT GRAVY so saved a few Galls supporters a few quid on travel and ticket expenses.

Great to see a new poster on board, how are St Malachy's fairing lately? Hard enough to get the lads out come soccer season, had a good manager there lately, will he be coming back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bit of banter

:) yes St malachys are doing well. We had a great manager last year and are confident he will stay this year also, he had his work cut out trying to get the guys to buy into the work ethic and training but the guys who did are hoping seamy stays this year so we can improve and hopefully get promoted . we had a great run in the beringer cup beating some highly fancied teams including st galls but our league form was not as good for a variety of reasons and yes soccer was one of them but we still do our best with what we have. If a St Malachys player had tweeted the message the Lamh Dhearg player had would it have been taken so seriously. I don't think it would. As for St Galls not getting tough matches in the antrim championship i think that's wrong, i seen the match with Lamh Dhearg and it was a great game possibly the game of the championship and St Galls experience saw them over the line against a very youthful Lamh dhearg side. i would have fancied Lamh Dhearg to have beaten Tempo in ulster if they had won Antrim so i think Antrim club championship is as strong as any in Ulster.