Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Your umpire should be worth 2 points a game. As for Line balls --farce!

Good win for LD last night. Championship is where it matters though
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

saffron sam2

And how does that help when it comes to championship?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gold

OD's promoted to Div 2 --get the hot dogs out!!!!

haranguerer

Quote from: Gold on August 02, 2012, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 02, 2012, 09:25:18 PM
Yip. It's one thing that does my head in about club games, having two umpires from each club. Every game there is a row because one boy gives a wide and the other boy a point. Cheating cnuts. I have seen plenty of fcukwits from our club at their lark too.

Embarrassing getting snared on video at it though. Take a bow, Murray.

Every game there's an incident with an umpire--farcical

Here's the link to the video for a laugh:

http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Antrim-Clubs-2011/Rossa/Goal-or-Point-Rossa-v-St-Pauls-1058

Was the goal given??

Fair fucks to him  :D

Nothing worse than when theres a controversial decision, i.e. dubious pt or 45/wide, and your umpire hms and hahs while the other one is adamant its in his teams favour, naturally the ref if he isnt sure will be influenced by he who shouts loudest

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2012, 06:30:32 PM
Are O'Ds still playing junior or were they finally made to move up? They won it 2 years in a row FFS.

Dropped down to Junior B!

Intermediate now--playing Tir na og

ManInBlackandGreen

I am amazed at the appointment of the official for the lamhs v galls in the championship game this weekend after what allegedly occurred at Cargin and St Johns, what does that say about our county and its executive, it beggars belief, if I was the two clubs I would object immediately and ask for another official to be appointed!

Atticus_Finch

Anyone any insights to the Antrim championship games this weekend ?

Any chance of Lamh Dearg upsetting St Galls ?

Are Creggan a good thing to beat Moneyglass ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Lamhs have a punchers chance. Beat us in league last week and their young lads have now had the experience from last year to help them. On paper we should win. Be tight though for long periods.

Creggan should win handy.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

CitySlicker11

Great match in store tomorrow night, the tried and tested and against the self proclaimed up and coming. Do St Galls have their normally injury worries around this time of the year? Yet they still always get through because of the strength of their panel. Lamh Dhearg should have a full selection, with some exceptionally talented players included. Hope both teams perform to their full capabilities and produce a game that Antrim club football can be proud of.

Move er on

I have no doubt that if the game goes from beyond Lamhs grasp they will resort to their usual repertoire of durt that we have become so accustomed to in recent years.  I fully expect Galls to take a 4 point lead and play their usual 7s style keep ball.

Agree that Creggan should win out easy.

Brids v Pauls should be a good game and ill go for a Pauls win by the minimum.

chocoholic

Was down at the matches tonight.  First match was brutal, St Pauls are dung.  St Brigids not great either but much more mature and composed than St Pauls.

Second match was interesting at times although all in all a bit of a dull affair.  St Galls seemed to be able to kick on at any stage they needed to although they probably wont be too happy with their performance.  Lamh Dhearg could have done better if they made better use of their possession and chances at the start of the second half (hit the post twice).  A few handbags in the game but it never really exploded into anything exciting. St Galls just seemed to get their scores much easier than Lamh Dhearg.

Some really annoying St Galls woman sitting in the concrete seating area below us at the end was entertaining screaming at the top of her lungs at the end of match "The Silence of the lambssssssss, the silence of the lambssssssssssssssss, Hannibal Lecterrrrrrrrrr". Fcukin nutjob!

chocoholic

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2012, 11:41:11 PM
How did St. Galls line out? They have been missing a rake of players all year and have, at times, had barely 15. Back at full strength?

Everyone was in stitches at her.

They had a huge panel.  I wouldn't know loads of names mate but both teams played conventional (ie no sweepers).

The big keeper Kerr didnt have much to do.  They had one shakey player in the full back line, got skinned a few times in the second half.  Colin Brady had to come off pretty early, must be an injury.  Half back line they were sound, Mark Kelly (i think), Anto Healy and Sean Kelly were steady enough although the latter wasnt in his usual classy form.  Midfield, big Gallagher was poor enough in the first half but very effective in kick starting them in the second half when they needed it.  Niblock was brillian, just oozes class. LD tried to double up on him a bit but he was so effective with the ball.  CJ was quiet, Karl Stewart when he wasn't getting booked and fighting worked hard and got one (again I think) good score. The number 28 Michael Pollock was good. Scored about 4 or 5.

LD huffed and puffed a bit. The big keeper done a cluxton to bring them level in the second half and that when they stopped playing.  Full back line were ok, the fella on Michael Pollock was took off but the other two done well enough.  Half back line didnt attack enough for me when they could have.  We ginger number 7 had a steady game.  I watched the number 5 a few times and he had acres of grass in front of him to provide an option for a score but didn't go for it.  Cunningham was very quiet.  Big Brendy Herron tried hard and was on the ball a good bit but he just didnt have the players around him to match it.  One of the corner forwards were good but was unlucky to hit the post a few times.  They tried changing things way too late in injury time when they needed a goal.  Ended up hitting shots from 40 yards, pointless.

Lamh Dhearg never believed they could beat them.  St Galls were in second and third gear all match.

outinfront

Was at the game too.  After the keeper put them level in the second half (which made it interesting) St Galls decided they wanted to play a bit and immediately re-took the lead.  Lamhs never looked like getting close to winning after that.