Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Great win -wasn't pretty at times but who cares. Hopefully another home draw now for another scalp.

bannside

ITG, football aint goin to get pretty again any time soon. But credit to all involved today. As good a display from our senior football team in years. Every player seemed to understand the system/gameplan, and it suits our style.

Tackling all over the pitch was brilliant (Loup like!) and what a day for lots of players to pull out season bests.

Just a few special mentions on a day everyone can hold their head up. Big Ricky was immense, and that was Michael Mc Canns finest match in a Saffron jersey. Every defender was on top of their game - Justy back to his best too.

And for all the hours he has put in, often against the grain - how good would tonight feel for Deaghlin O Hagan!!!

Let the summer continue.....

Hoof Hearted

took a trip up to see my county of residence in action, and was pleasantly surprised. played very well. maybe they could get a home draw next weekend and i could get another day out. The other Johnston was very good too in 1st half, no.15 but played on right hand of defence
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Hey big Hoof, not often the Saffrons go on longer than the Oak Leaf!

That 15 you talk of, Marty Johnston, is still only 19 was at St Pats Maghera this year. For his age he was immense today. Creggan men but 50%good Portglenone stock.

saffron sam2

Can you imagine the traffic there would be on the hurling thread if the stick fighters beat Galway at their crude version of the ancient caman game?

Not one of the regular posters on that thread has had the good grace to post on here. Probably all supporting Galway if truth be told.

As for myself, still stuck on the mainland, what was the team today?

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

bannside

What mainland is that SS2?

saffron sam2

bannside

Missed a thriller today. A point down with three minutes left. A couple of beauties (Tomas & Deaghlin) got us over the line.

Bring on next week. Boys in good shape.

saffron sam2

Quote from: bannside on July 14, 2012, 10:54:21 PM
Missed a thriller today. A point down with three minutes left. A couple of beauties (Tomas & Deaghlin) got us over the line.

Bring on next week. Boys in good shape.

Was "watching" it here. Missed the bit between Joyce putting Galway 10 - 9 up and the two beauties (assume you mean the points rather than the boyos). Last few minutes were torture, eased with a decent Pinot Grigio.

Great result. Home draw next week is essential, but there are few who Antrim should fear.

Magicsponge

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 14, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
Can you imagine the traffic there would be on the hurling thread if the stick fighters beat Galway at their crude version of the ancient caman game?

Not one of the regular posters on that thread has had the good grace to post on here. Probably all supporting Galway if truth be told.

Kerr

Healy
R Johnston
O'Boyle

Loughery
Crozier
Scullion

A Gallagher
M McCann

Kelly
Sweeney
Murray

T McCann
Magill
M Johnston

Was the team but Niblock came in for Magill and Owen Gallagher came in for Aodhan Gallagher before kick off. Gallagher came on very soon as Kelly seemed to be injured. Magill came on for Owen Gallagher and Armstrong came on for Conor Murray I think. O'Hagan came on for Healy late on to score the winner.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Magicsponge on July 14, 2012, 11:03:18 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 14, 2012, 10:45:37 PM

Kerr

Healy
R Johnston
O'Boyle

Loughery
Crozier
Scullion

A Gallagher
M McCann

Kelly
Sweeney
Murray

T McCann
Magill
M Johnston

Was the team but Niblock came in for Magill and Owen Gallagher came in for Aodhan Gallagher before kick off. Gallagher came on very soon as Kelly seemed to be injured. Magill came on for Owen Gallagher and Armstrong came on for Conor Murray I think. O'Hagan came on for Healy late on to score the winner.

Thanks.

More than decent side on paper and confirms my point re. Derry on the other thread.

Antrim2011

Thats how the Team was lined out:
With sweeney playin as a sweeper and gallacher at centre half forward with Niblock and Tomas McCann playin as a 2 man forward line

Kerr

Crozier
R.Johnston
Kevin O'Boyle

Healy
Scullion
M.Johnston

Kelly
M.McCann

Loughery
Sweeney
Murray

T. McCann
O.Gallacher
Niblock

Aidso came on for kelly after 20 mins
Magill on for O. Gallacher as he never touched ball hardly, sub could ave been made sooner
Armstrong on for Murray
Supersub O'Hagan on for Healy to score a superb winner

saffron sam2

Quote from: Antrim2011 on July 14, 2012, 11:23:10 PM

Thats how the Team was lined out:
With sweeney playin as a sweeper and gallacher at centre half forward with Niblock and Tomas McCann playin as a 2 man forward line

Kerr

Crozier
R.Johnston
Kevin O'Boyle

Healy
Scullion
M.Johnston

Kelly
M.McCann

Loughery
Sweeney
Murray

T. McCann
O.Gallacher
Niblock

Aidso came on for kelly after 20 mins
Magill on for O. Gallacher as he never touched ball hardly, sub could ave been made sooner
Armstrong on for Murray
Supersub O'Hagan on for Healy to score a superb winner

Good man. See my post at 11:16:11 PM.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on July 14, 2012, 09:42:01 PM
Hey big Hoof, not often the Saffrons go on longer than the Oak Leaf!

That 15 you talk of, Marty Johnston, is still only 19 was at St Pats Maghera this year. For his age he was immense today. Creggan men but 50%good Portglenone stock.

wont be the first the way things are going !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

What about thon beauty of a point from Deaghlin O Hagan. Some composure and him just on the pitch.

Up there with Kobys V Tir Connail 2009 vintage as one of the ones that will stand out for a long long time.

No better man.