Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhoy1888

aye but the blues are the best by far

Milltown Row2

Well no craic on here at all!!

The final against Lamhs should have a bit of bite about it, the two teams don't really have much like for each other (understatement ;D) Like us Lamhs have been hampered by their hurling team.

Fair dues to them winning the championship at the weekend and I believe they are out next weekend also in the Ulster Championship. Could be a drain on their preparations leading up to the Senior football final.

With us now, eventually out of the hurling, Lenny will have the lads training hard for the game.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Should be handy for St Galls but you'd like to think that LD would give them a bit of a go.  But the slick galls men will have way too much for them. 

LD and St Galls have been in some finals over the years with each other.

Simon Says

Have to fancy st galls for the football again lamb dhearg will put it up to them apart from their county boys, they arent any great shakes, the last two games i have seen st galls look very fit and with the talented team/squad they have should come through this one. Hope its a close final instead of the last few were they have blew cargin away.

Lambs maybe concentrate on intermediate hurling and try and win an ulster title?

Gold

Quote from: 4father on September 13, 2011, 09:16:00 PM
Should be handy for St Galls but you'd like to think that LD would give them a bit of a go.  But the slick galls men will have way too much for them. 

LD and St Galls have been in some finals over the years with each other.

But Galls have won them all handy at senior and u-21 so cant see LD believing this will be any different (although LD may have drawn one?)

I remember an u-21 final about 10 years ago when St Galls absolutely tanked LD scoring nearly 10 goals in the process
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

St Johns minor double tonight.

Thought Lamh Dhearg would have won this with all the county minors.

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2011, 10:46:20 PM
St Johns minor double tonight.

Thought Lamh Dhearg would have won this with all the county minors.
Holy Jesus! The whiterock huns will be hard to stick for a while now?
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

4father

Fair fucks to them, deserved after hard work!

Gold

What St Galls team went down to the 7's MR ??

How come they got such a tanking in QF?  (Although in 7's lose a couple of goals and the game can be over over)

St Johns got bait in all games again this year--no real classy footballers

Thought Cargin would've faired better as they'd have 7 good footballers --although the likes of Tony Scullion wouldnt be suited to it

Surprised St Brigids werent there this year after winning their group down there last year --another team with about 7 able footballers
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

A very strong team went down Gold, they just got beat by Castlewellan who are a great sevens team themselves. They have beaten us a couple of times. I have always said that after the group stages it becomes a lottery.

It will suit them and rest them up for a hard bruising affair against Lamhs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Think Galls are in for a bit of a test tomorrow night.
Reckon Lamhs will be well up for it.
There is no doubt that if galls are allowed to play it will be game over.

Anyone any insight into lamhs gameplan??? or will it just be as Hands said in the irish news - hope the have a poor game :D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

DearyMe

seen what you did there hard man, seen that.

I hope its competitive - it needs to be, because the football county championship is becoming a joke!
StGalls will be trying to get into another county if it keeps going like this!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Lamhs have nothing to lose, beat a very good Cargin team, why shouldnt they believe?? Held us to a draw one year! We've a few injuries i hear, Big PJ is out hurt his knee Lenny has pulled a hamstring and Frank Dawson has dislocated a finger!!

Joxer_man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2011, 03:07:55 PM
Lamhs have nothing to lose, beat a very good Cargin team, why shouldnt they believe?? Held us to a draw one year! We've a few injuries i hear, Big PJ is out hurt his knee Lenny has pulled a hamstring and Frank Dawson has dislocated a finger!!

AHAA Quality MR7, you sound like a man who's ultra confident and rightly so, galls are gonna take LD to the cleaners!!! KS first goal heard it here first

Milltown Row2

Nervous about tomorrow, hope the lads don't get complacent about the game or be thinking about the Ulster Championship!! Tight game with late win for us