Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Hi, i am nither a bridge or st pats supporter, but was at the game, The bridge didnt seem on form at all, missing a lot of key men this year from injury and players leaving from last year. B Bellew did clash with his own player but i did hear that 2 cullyhanna players one a county player went up to Bellew when he was being carried off and one said " thats for last year" and this was said leaning over him and the other said "i hope its broke". This makes me sick, a good clean enough game of football to be brought down like this.

armaghniac

Well done to the Armagh hurlers, beaten by only 1 point in their first year in the Ulster championship.

There is a theory going about that Grimley was the source of Armagh tactics, however having looked at Cavan v Down I can't see the type of defensive values that were typical of Armagh in recent years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

corn02

Dromintee 0-11 Maghery 1-06

Ok match, referee brutal for both teams. Gaughran and A idan O Rourke best for ourselves.

Orior

O'Hanlons beat Pheilim Bradys on Friday night by a point.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

CelticWater

Culloville Drew with Clan NaGael

heganboy

ballyhegan beat tullysaran by a point
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

inthemaking

Quote from: dontcare on May 13, 2007, 05:24:07 PM
Hi, i am nither a bridge or st pats supporter, but was at the game, The bridge didnt seem on form at all, missing a lot of key men this year from injury and players leaving from last year. B Bellew did clash with his own player but i did hear that 2 cullyhanna players one a county player went up to Bellew when he was being carried off and one said " thats for last year" and this was said leaning over him and the other said "i hope its broke". This makes me sick, a good clean enough game of football to be brought down like this.

brendan bellew has a dislocated ankle and a fractured leg.
no doubt the cullyhanna boys will love this especially the two mckeevers who said those things. typical!!

dontcare

only one of them was a mc keever the other was casey who was marking bellew(what a cruel thing to say to anyone in pain. ). as we speak Bellew is on his way to the royal to get it looked at as it possibly needs an opp. hope he ok soon, prob miss out on the rest of the years football.

David McKeown

Annaghmore beat the Tones 2-10 to 1-9 with both teams missing a penalty.  Tones got the final score of the game with a goal 5 minutes into injury time, great performance from Annaghmore, as always fuller report to follow this evening
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

TacadoirArdMhacha

Very easy for the faceless warriors to make these sort of allegations that cant be proven or disproven. All I'll say is that its a bit suspicious that someone who "isnt from either club" would be at a local derby. Why werent you at your own clubs match? And then use their first couple of posts to post soemthing like this which other people at the game have no knowledge of. I cant tell if the fella is lying or not but I'd have my doubts about taking his word as gospel.

And for your information inthemaking nobody in Cullyhanna is "loving it" as you put it. I hope the fella's alright, it was a bad accident and, as anyone at the match can confirm, our clubs official did their best to make sure he was taken care of properly.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Dont care
QuoteThe bridge didnt seem on form at all, missing a lot of key men this year from injury and players leaving from last year.
The Bridge are only missing two regulars from last year.  Nicolas Traynor in defence, a huge miss, he should have given it another year and Barry Campbell.  Barry usually played midfield/half foward, sometimes full forward role and due to the players that started to come in to the panel from the minor team he was losing his starting place.  Both are flying for the B team.

It's not that we're missing key players with injury (though we'll be missing bellew now), they're sitting on the bench. The new management seem to me more interested in building a team than going up this year (probably not a bad idea) and, I've said it before, we've never had as much talent in the place.  Trouble is they're only youngsters.  I think there's only 4 on the panel over the age of 24.  A majority of the panel are u21.  There are, I think, 7 minors from last year.  The telling tale is last year, we reached intermediate semi final, and should have won it, 7 of those who played against ballymacnab (5 starters) had made their championships debuts that year. 

It's very well talking about losing today's game but if you want to look into it...
Out of the 6 defenders and 2 mid fielders that started, only 3 were regulars last year.   
The half back line started as Brendan Bellew, Colm Hughes and Seamie Martin.  Brendan Bellew was the only regular from last year, when he went off he was replaced by Kieran Campbell.
For most of the game we'd a new half back line. 
Tacadoir talks about being on top in Midfield, our two mid fielders were Peter Byrne and Aidan Hearty. I think this was Peter's first start in maybe two years, he had been out with injury and didn't play at all last year.  Aidan played most of last year with the B team.  They're two young lads, around 20 and there are probably 3 players in front of them for the midfield roles.  Hamill, McAvoy and MacRory and Hogan cup winner Gerard McGarvey.  In full forward line we'd 18 year old Fergal Campbell, he's really only been starting this year and Cormac McAvoy was being tried at corner forward.  There is a lot of experimentation going on so don't be worrying about our results.  That said, similar experimental teams have beaten Tones, Keady and St. Peters.

Quotebrendan bellew has a dislocated ankle and a fractured leg.
Desperate sorry to hear that about Benny, he really established himself as being a vital player for us and is a massive loss.  Hope he's back soon.
Tacadoir there was definitley things said to benny as he was lying on the ground, I was over that side of the field.  Fergal Reel, our manager, seemed to react badly to it, so I don't think they were expressing well wishes.  Someone that was standing beside me did hear McKeever shouting "sc**bag" at him, though I didnt hear it.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

On the experimenting front, good to see Silverbridge giving the disadvantaged in society a chance by playing an albino in midfield for the second half.

I'm not going to get drawn into an arguement on who may or may not have said something, simply because its fairly pointless as no one here can proove it one way or the other.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Crossmaglen 1:11  Pearse Ogs 2:12

Good win today.  Winning by 6 points at half time against a strong breeze.  Second half we had an awful wides and should of had the game killed off earlier. 

bennydorano

Don't know what sort of teams were out today, but I reckon the Ogs are the only team with a realistic chance of beating Cross in the championship.(and I dont want a row with Domintee wans).

Louis the Red

QuoteDon't know what sort of teams were out today, but I reckon the Ogs are the only team with a realistic chance of beating Cross in the championship.

Surely after watching them last week Benny, you have to be joking  :-\