Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 01:57:54 PM
what ground in the county, or anywhere, can everyone park at the gate?

It would need to be a right size of a gate if there was one. Would not be too keen if EVERYONE were to park at the gate, would lead to endless congestion on trying to exit the venue.

I notice how you did not pick up on my qualm about the bank issue and not being able to get a good view due to people obstructing your view as everyone is on the same height level. This mean you agree that this is a problem?  ???

Goats Do Shave

It's hardly Pints' problem!

Speak to the county board...tell them not to let Silverbridge host any more games!  :P

Do yas really care what Pints admits too???  :-\

downtown

you are gettin some abuse 2day pints, aint ya ya muppet!!  :D

dontcare

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 12, 2007, 02:08:23 PM

It would need to be a right size of a gate if there was one. Would not be too keen if EVERYONE were to park at the gate, would lead to endless congestion on trying to exit the venue.

I notice how you did not pick up on my qualm about the bank issue and not being able to get a good view due to people obstructing your view as everyone is on the same height level. This mean you agree that this is a problem?  ???

you still haven't names a pitch in armagh with good parking facilities

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 12, 2007, 02:08:23 PM

I accept the lack of any real bank at that end is a fair criticism (though some corner of the field is obstructed from view no matter where you stand in most fields - if the place is full) but I hardly think it's reason for fullback to describe the bridge as one of the worse venues for a big game.  I suggest you go to the stand or the top bank if you've trouble seeing.  I'd hardly say the lack of a bank is a problem either, it's grand for our own games and the new fields will be opened next month. 
Back to the parking, I hadn't really time to answer you earlier, but name the grounds in armagh that have better parking?  Do you think Cross, Cruppen, Abbey park (all hold big games) have better parking?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh4SamAgain

Theres only 3 or 4 cpitchs that shoud be having big games and there Cross, Mullaghbawn, kileavey, newtown Carrickcruppin and when they get the athletic grounds sorted out they can do it to./
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

pintsofguinness

The bridge and Cruppen drew in the B final

winsamsoon

Davitt park has excellent parking facilities, these include St Paul's church and St Paul's school which is right beside the pitch and clubhouse. It also has Francis street and the surrounding housing estate.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

inthemaking

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 09:42:14 PM

were ya at the game pints? prob one of the worst iv seen in a while finising 0-6 apiece

pintsofguinness

Quote from: inthemaking on September 12, 2007, 10:28:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 09:42:14 PM

were ya at the game pints? prob one of the worst iv seen in a while finising 0-6 apiece
No I'm couple of hundred mile from home  :(
Will be win the replay?

inthemaking

we would need to improve our performance as cruppen had a man sent off very early for an elbow and before that their fitness and sharpness was far superior. alot of our players were below par so hopefully we can improve the next day

diesel-smuggler

inthemaking you refused to mention the performance of the referee tonight who scored 5 of the bridges 6 points from free-kicks!

both teams kicked alot of wides, thought the referee was terrible for us, couldn't have bought a free at all!

inthemaking

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on September 12, 2007, 11:03:52 PM
inthemaking you refused to mention the performance of the referee tonight who scored 5 of the bridges 6 points from free-kicks!

both teams kicked alot of wides, thought the referee was terrible for us, couldn't have bought a free at all!

the ref was terrible and will admit that I even laughed at some of the decisions he gave us but since it is impossible to get a good consistent ref in the county there was no point in bringing it up

fcuksake

Lads, Parking will never decide which ground will hold a big match.. Look at Clones ??? ???

for the Armagh championship (location dictates what venue gets the game). You think the Harps run to the county board requesting more games played at their ground. (Dont think so)

As long as a ground can accommodate a decent crowd, has a relatively level playing surface & changing facilities it should accomodate championship games. You blame the clubs (ie the Bridge) for the standard of their ground, its not the clubs fault the county board land a big game at any clubs pitch.

was at the dromintee V Cross game at the bridge and the training facilities in place are Excellent. Pints you should have made on of the training pitches the main one.. they look the part.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.