Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

an portmor beat lissummon by 8 points today. any1 got any other results from division 3

corn02

No complaints here totally outplayed in all areas of the field. 2 points speks for itself. John McEntee was excellent.

Winsamsoom you are a prat of the highest order, 2007 will also record Clans being sumped out by a useless Tir Na Nog team, why we may have been brutal yesterday we gave them a good run the first day.

My one moan is that Cross supporters and it is quite a big number of them are perhaps the trampiest in Ireland? Spitting at subs, throwing stones and booing players is something I thankfully do not see at club games much apart from Cross games.

Goats Do Shave

Sarsfields defeated Ballyhegan this afternoon, in Ballyhegan.

They stormed into a 9 pont lead at half time, though tht Davitts fought tremendously hard in the 2nd half to bring the sides back level with 5 minutes to go, only for the Derrytrasna men to get a late goal. I think they ended up winning by 4points.

Great 2nd half performance from the Davitts though, considering 15 men turned up (injury/suspension & holidays hitting hard!)...missing the likes of Paddy McKeever, Paul Courtney, & Chris O'Caroll to name but three.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Sasfields brought a fairly focal support with them...(Paul McGrane got a bit of abuse, for reacting 'aggresively' to some of the physical abuse he was getting the whole game)...but at one stage one of them shouted "Are ye even a Catholic at all" - to the referee. Feck we all burst out laughing!

pintsofguinness

The bridge beat annaghmore by 2.

Some craic in annaghmore.  The worst Bridge performance I've seen in a long long time.  Annaghmore led for most of the game, 3 and 4 points in it and the bridge robbed them right at the end.  I think there was probably 3 between the teams with around 5 minutes to go.  Our winning scores came a couple of minutes into injury time though the ref went ahead and played 8 or 9 minutes which was bizarre because apart from annaghmore timewasting at times there were no injuries in the second half!
The ref gave Annaghmore a 50, it was taken and while the ball was in mid air he blew up for full time much to everyone's dismay. 

Fair play to the lads for keep going even though it seemed like they could do nothing right. 

It's nice to be on the right side of some very dodgy refereeing (for a change!) but the home crowd weren't to pleased and I think the ref was taking some of their players names after full time.   

Hard luck David, yous didn't deserve that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Senior Football Championship Quarter-Final Replay, Abbey Park, Armagh

RESULT: Carrickcruppen 1-11 Tir na nOg 0-06

Tir na nOg scored just one point in the second half

Grange 2-10 Corrinshego 1-05

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cullyhanna beat Keady 0-14 to 0-9. Good enough performance given the circumstances. County lads showed well - Mal mackin had a good game at midfield. Some nice stuff played at times - most of the best play going through Liam O'Hare.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

corn
QuoteMy one moan is that Cross supporters and it is quite a big number of them are perhaps the trampiest in Ireland? Spitting at subs, throwing stones and booing players is something I thankfully do not see at club games much apart from Cross games.

I'd say in the top ten.  (Though the bridge played Donaghmore in the ulster league a few years ago and holy f**k! they were unreal!)

I was stopped by a cross man in front of the resource centre yesterday and asked "which side is the stand on"  :o
I wouldn't mind but the stand is there nearly 15 years and can be seen from Forde's Cross. 

I also was standing beside a family from cross and although civil enough they refered to their players by their numbers! 

I was particularly sickened at the jeering when Aidan O'Rourke hit a ball badly wide, it was louder than they cheered when Cross scored.

goh4205

I was on the oppisite side to the stand and some of the verbals coming from the Dromintee supporters was just as bad.  The kernans for some reason seemed to come in for the most.

I thought the ref had a good game yesterday, he made his intentions clear fom the start that he wasn't gonna take any shit from anybody.  In saying that he did miss a few things,  the strike on Oisin in the first half, the strike on AK right in front of the lines man. The challenge from behind on SK which lead to him going off,  and the elbow on the cross no. 7 by AOR right at the end.  There was also a few rash challenge's by a few cross lads as well, which warrent a mention.
There was no way that Dromintee were able to live with the intensiity that Cross set, they seemed to keep pushing and moving at 100mph throughout the game.
Any body seem what happened in the first half when COR got his marching orders!

pintsofguinness

We might be fit to take you seriously if you'd admit your club loyalty.

goh4205

Clans in dundalk pints.  should really make any difference just stating my point like you do so many times however one sided it may look, like your own posts i must say sometimes

pintsofguinness

I find it strange that a Louth man joins this board to talk about Cross and Dromintee. 
I was at the game yesterday as a neutral (I can't stand either of them) and both teams were as dirty as each other.  For the first 15 minutes there was nothing but sly, dirty, cowardly, late digs from both sets of players, cross beat dromintee at this and then decided to beat them playing football. 

How are my posts one sided, or how would you know?  Do you be at many bridge games?

goh4205

I go to alot of armagh football, cause the louth football is shite basically.  Been to a few bridge games, but non of late, i must take one in soon so i can have a right pop at you then.
I would agree with you on your last post, but the difference most of the Dromintee boys didn't wanna know when it hotted up. I know the bridge & cross one's don't get on & maybe there is reasons for that which i don't know, but i find it staggering that so many negitives are posted about Cross when they are the most successful team ever in Armagh & probably Ireland and almost all of them posts are from within Armagh.  I think any county would be proud to have a club team as good as them.

pintsofguinness

So you've no idea if my posts are one sided or not...

QuoteI would agree with you on your last post, but the difference most of the Dromintee boys didn't wanna know when it hotted up. I know the bridge & cross one's don't get on & maybe there is reasons for that which i don't know, but i find it staggering that so many negitives are posted about Cross when they are the most successful team ever in Armagh & probably Ireland and almost all of them posts are from within Armagh.
There wouldn't be a lot of love lost between any of the neighbouring clubs in south armagh. 
Sure ask yourself why there's so many negatives posted about cross.

goh4205

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 26, 2007, 06:07:32 PM
So you've no idea if my posts are one sided or not...

I was only winding you :-\

QuoteI would agree with you on your last post, but the difference most of the Dromintee boys didn't wanna know when it hotted up. I know the bridge & cross one's don't get on & maybe there is reasons for that which i don't know, but i find it staggering that so many negitives are posted about Cross when they are the most successful team ever in Armagh & probably Ireland and almost all of them posts are from within Armagh.
There wouldn't be a lot of love lost between any of the neighbouring clubs in south armagh. 
Sure ask yourself why there's so many negatives posted about cross.

jealously perhaps?????

pintsofguinness

Aye sure that's always the easy answer.