Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

20 laptops under one account. The IT man puts any required apps onto the iPads and makes sure there is room for them , in other words deletes any videos/photos that classses may have made

delgany

Hopefully   you have the username and password  for the apple I'd/ account. It's a complete melt otherwise.
One of the I pads  is set up as the master i pad-  it will control the downloads.  A sync/ charge cabinet is a good  investment in long term .  Keep an eye on charger cables ...constantly go missing £12.50 each to replace

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on February 11, 2019, 11:09:51 PM

Hopefully   you have the username and password  for the apple I'd/ account. It's a complete melt otherwise.
One of the I pads  is set up as the master i pad-  it will control the downloads.  A sync/ charge cabinet is a good  investment in long term .  Keep an eye on charger cables ...constantly go missing £12.50 each to replace

I've got a master one on the go but it's running out of GB fast as it all seems to save on the one IP iCloud account. This Apple school manager seems to allow up to 200gb per Apple ID. I just don't know enough about it.

delgany

Transfer   essential keeps like videos   I movies pictures   etc  to external hard drive   wipe the rest !

JimStynes

Well, are we taking the 4.25%?

Jim Bob

Quote from: JimStynes on April 30, 2019, 01:08:01 PM

This is not a 4.25 % pay rise. It's just over 2% which is shite. A back payment which is taxable. And no word of future plans for pay rises. It's a con and I will be voting against.

Kidder81

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 30, 2019, 01:13:09 PM

This is not a 4.25 % pay rise. It's just over 2% which is shite. A back payment which is taxable. And no word of future plans for pay rises. It's a con and I will be voting against.

Not sure what teachers were expecting considering the public sector pay restraint

Milltown Row2

Why wouldnt it be taxable? Why is it 2% rather than the 4.25% discussed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2019, 01:57:28 PM

Not a teacher, so no dog in the hunt, but the problem would arise if the backpay lump sump puts you into the high-band tax threshold, so it is (perhaps partially) taxed in higher tax bracket and you are then paying 20% more tax than what you would on that money if you earned it in a "normal" year.

i usse an speelchekor

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2019, 02:36:30 PM

Not a teacher, so no dog in the hunt, but the problem would arise if the backpay lump sump puts you into the high-band tax threshold, so it is (perhaps partially) taxed in higher tax bracket and you are then paying 20% more tax than what you would on that money if you earned it in a "normal" year.

Won't happen for vast majority of teachers.  Those without top promotions earn well below the 40% threshold.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 30, 2019, 03:53:55 PM
Won't happen for vast majority of teachers.  Those without top promotions earn well below the 40% threshold.

True.

Wonder how child care tax credits etc work - do they use the same demarcations as the income tax bands?
i usse an speelchekor

Jim Bob

The 4.25% is for the past two years working out at just over 2% per year. Buttons
Reading yesterday's report they were talking about teachers at top of the scale getting a back  payment of £2000. Doesn't sound too bad eh? The fact is when tax is deducted they ll not be getting anything near it  !!! And if the deal is accepted by teachers (which I hope they don't) what do you think will happen when unions go looking for another pay rise next year???? They ll be laughed out if the door. My view is maintain industrial action where inspections and directed time are boycotted and they can keep their paltry offer!!!!!

Dougal Maguire

Teachers' pay is an absolute joke and they pay rise they're being offered is useless. I'm a Civil Servant and earn over £10K more than my wife who's a teacher. I'd say half the staff in Tesco get paid more
Careful now

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 30, 2019, 07:08:28 PM
Teachers' pay is an absolute joke and they pay rise they're being offered is useless. I'm a Civil Servant and earn over £10K more than my wife who's a teacher. I'd say half the staff in Tesco get paid more

Really! NICS pay must be great.

Here are the teacher pay scales for teachers who have not been awarded a promotion. Any teacher can progress up through this scale over 9 years, just look at the annual increments.

Currently Tesco workers are paid £7.62 an hour, which will rise to £8.42 an hour by November 2018. The pay rise will put Tesco workers' pay above the £7.90 level that the National Living Wage is expected to reach by 2018. (23 Jun 2017)

I think teachers need to realise how fortunate they really are compared to the average in N.Ireland. In 2017, average weekly wages in Northern Ireland was £501, up 1.5 per cent from £494 in 2016. Annual salaries in the north, at £25,999, are still lower than the UK average of £28,758.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 30, 2019, 07:08:28 PM

Was speaking to a civil servant manager and she's on £50 grand a year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea