Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Appeal lodged I remember the Gaa when you where beat you where beat and you got suspended if needed and you accepted all like a man... I would love to have seen us win last Friday night we where beat fair and square and if no 23 had not spend the few seconds before the row goating(another thing we seemed to invent) Armagh's no 7 the row may not have happens... where the hell is our game going too...

WT4E

I wouldn't have been in favour of an appeal but i know one thing for sure - I'm going to the replay!  ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: naka on June 13, 2018, 09:37:23 AM
Tyrone have lodged an appeal regarding both being allowed to play 15  during second half of extra time
As the rules don't allow it
But ffs if that is the rule they were hardly disadvantaged

Don't agree with the appeal but can understand it after putting in the effort all year. I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.

Reason Armagh are in the wrong, as I understand, was they had a man sent off during the first period of extra time and went back to 15 for the extra, extra time. I believe they weren't entitled to do this. You can go back to full 15 after the main match finished but not subsequent periods of extra time.

illdecide

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 13, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
Tyrone have lodged an appeal regarding both being allowed to play 15  during second half of extra time

Don't agree with the appeal but can understand it after putting in the effort all year. I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.

Reason Armagh are in the wrong, as I understand, was they had a man sent off during the first period of extra time and went back to 15 for the extra, extra time. I believe they weren't entitled to do this. You can go back to full 15 after the main match finished but not subsequent periods of extra time.

You are of course correct in that but Tyrone done the exact same thing as Armagh...Sporting integrity?

Where does it all end? I know there is rules and obviously Armagh and Tyrone did not know them, if one or the other broke them then that's fair enough but both teams done it so what's Tyrone's gripe?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.
The video of the footage that I saw also showed the Tyrone management heavily involved so I'd have thought it's not a factor in pushing for an appeal.  That's an irrelevance.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The Bearded One

Quote from: mackers on June 13, 2018, 10:19:40 AM
I'd imagine the antics of some of the Armagh management team may have influenced the decision to push ahead with appeal.
The video of the footage that I saw also showed the Tyrone management heavily involved so I'd have thought it's not a factor in pushing for an appeal.  That's an irrelevance.

By heavily involved do you mean hitting a 19 year old and hospitalising him or heavily involved trying to pull men apart/off each other?
It is what it is. Presumably.

DuffleKing

Have they seriously?

All joking aside, I am really surprised that there isn't a bit more cop on and self awareness in Tyrone than this. I could absolutely see grounds for bringing an appeal if the team were disadvantaged in some way but this is real stretch - one that reflects badly on those behind it.

Are Tyrone saying that Armagh's replacements were better than theirs therefore it wasn't fair?

Keyser soze

You are correct in your belief. Both teams were reduced to 13 men and both went back to 15 for extra extra time so it wasn't just Armagh that did this. Tyrone should take their beatin here.

longballin

Take the beating. Embarrassing.

Jinxy

Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mackers

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

By heavily involved do you mean hitting a 19 year old and hospitalising him or heavily involved trying to pull men apart/off each other?
This 19 year old thing only goes so far.  The Armagh manager was in hospital on Saturday with concussion also.  The Tyrone lad was the aggressor.  We're not dealing with children here.
That said, nobody will be more embarrassed and disappointed in himself than Martin.  He served his club, county and province (when it counted for something) with distinction and had an unblemished disciplinary record.  The red mist descended when he was attacked.  He hit back when he shouldn't have.  He'll take his punishment and move on.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

omagh_gael

The video is inconclusive but a member of the Armagh management team was sent off, too. It is widely reported that this was due to striking a Tyrone player.

Illdecide, tbh I don't know what the appeal (if there even is one) is about as you say both teams went back to 15. I still would prefer it if we bit the lip and moved on. Easy to say that from the outside though.

The Bearded One

Mackers you are absolutely incorrect to say he was attacked, that is bullsh*t. McQuillan ran straight to the initial trouble and hit the Tyrone player. He wasn't attacked.

That said, I don't agree with an appeal.
It is what it is. Presumably.

armaghniac

DO you not have to inform the officials when you put someone on? Were they too unclear on the rule?
In the normal case, you state that you are taking off no 10 and putting on no 20, and then you do not take off 10 when 20 comes on, so this is clearly fraudulent.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

passedit

Quote from: bigtogs on June 13, 2018, 09:46:54 AM
Appeal lodged I remember the Gaa when you where beat you where beat and you got suspended if needed and you accepted all like a man... I would love to have seen us win last Friday night we where beat fair and square and if no 23 had not spend the few seconds before the row goating(another thing we seemed to invent) Armagh's no 7 the row may not have happens... where the hell is our game going too...

False memory syndrome, the 'objection' is as old as the association. Two words Frank Murphy.
Don't Panic