Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on October 04, 2019, 11:24:30 PM
Mayo did not do to well on the nominations.

A few defenders and Aidan O Shea.

Will get one but probably not most deserving one.

Certainly puts winning the league and getting to an AI semi to bed as regards anything really, when it comes to All-Stars.

Only seeing this now moy, you reckon Durcan will but Boyle won't? That's my thought also.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 31, 2019, 09:09:13 PM

Certainly puts winning the league and getting to an AI semi to bed as regards anything really, when it comes to All-Stars.

Only seeing this now moy, you reckon Durcan will but Boyle won't? That's my thought also.

Yes.

BennyCake

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 31, 2019, 04:03:48 PM
The All Stars to be named tomorrow, any surprises expected? Cluxton strongly tipped to win footballer of the year.

A bit like Ryan Giggs' SPOTY award. 'Better give him something before he retires' award.  ::)

Blowitupref

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 12:35:38 AM
The All Stars to be named tomorrow, any surprises expected? Cluxton strongly tipped to win footballer of the year.

A bit like Ryan Giggs' SPOTY award. 'Better give him something before he retires' award.  ::)

Didn't Giggs play another 5 seasons after that award? I doubt Cluxton has another 5 years left with Dublin. I think a few won't realise how good and important of player that Cluxton is until he retires.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tatler Jack

Quote. I think a few won't realise how good and important of player that Cluxton is until he retires.

Not sure where the few are hiding. Anybody that is half serious in following football knows his importance.

dublin7

Who would you give POTY to? Obviously as a dub that counts as a negative for yourself, but that isn't an official category thankfully for the contenders

Cluxton has been outstanding this season and deserves it on merit.

imtommygunn

O'Callaghan would be a worthy recipient. If he got it you couldn't argue it either.

Cluxton is most influential of his generation. The one before him in my view was Dooher. Both redefined the roles they play.

blanketattack

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 01, 2019, 10:03:54 AM
O'Callaghan would be a worthy recipient. If he got it you couldn't argue it either.

Cluxton is most influential of his generation. The one before him in my view was Dooher. Both redefined the roles they play.

What??? Dooher was a poor man's Pat Spillane.

imtommygunn

Every wing half forward in the country was modeled on him for years afterwards.

Anyway Cluxton's kickouts have changed the game, how tactical it is and the mobility required for a "modern" midfielder.

Angelo

Quote from: moysider on November 01, 2019, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 31, 2019, 09:09:13 PM

Yes.

Durcan is the clear and obvious Mayo All Star.

Man marking two of the top 10 players in the country out of the game in successive weeks was some feat, had Mayo made the final then Durcan would have been FOTY material.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 09:49:18 AM

Who would you give POTY to? Obviously as a dub that counts as a negative for yourself, but that isn't an official category thankfully for the contenders

I'd give it to Murphy or McShane. Had far better years than Cluxton.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2019, 04:34:41 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2019, 09:49:18 AM

I'd give it to Murphy or McShane. Had far better years than Cluxton.

The three nominations are Stephen Cluxton, Jack McCaffrey and Con O'Callaghan

dublin7

Bennycake couldnt admit a dub should win FOTY so went for his own selections

yellowcard

I think Cluxton will get POTY and fully deserved he is an all time great. Somebody mentioned Brian Dooher in the same sentence as him earlier which is ridiculous.