Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on May 24, 2017, 01:21:54 PM
Normally I'd be screaming for an Ajax win, but now I don't know how to react to this game or if I'll feel guilty shouting for Ajax or even care.

Do City fans care about the outcome?

Would they feel happy that a United win might bring even a small bit of joy to the United half of the city?

Will it be a hollow victory for whoever does win, at least in the immediate term? (Time heals, and Champions League participation is a few months away).
It's been over a year since I posted in this thread but I just thought I'd echo similar feelings to yourself.

I would have been without a doubt wanting Ajax to win this but if United winning brings even the smallest amount of joy to anyone involved in this awful tragedy then I hope they win.

Football rivalry shouldn't matter on weeks like this.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Fair play Laoislad and J70. I'm sure others are of the same mind.

AZOffaly

Yeah. I was hoping United wouldn't win, but after the events in Manchester, I hope a United win would bring some sort of relief or escapism to a City, or at least half of a city, that badly needs it. That's what sport should be in any case, so I hope Man United Fans enjoy the game, and I won't begrudge their imminent victory even with Mourinho :)

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2017, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 24, 2017, 01:21:54 PM
Normally I'd be screaming for an Ajax win, but now I don't know how to react to this game or if I'll feel guilty shouting for Ajax or even care.

Do City fans care about the outcome?

Would they feel happy that a United win might bring even a small bit of joy to the United half of the city?

Will it be a hollow victory for whoever does win, at least in the immediate term? (Time heals, and Champions League participation is a few months away).
It's been over a year since I posted in this thread but I just thought I'd echo similar feelings to yourself.

I would have been without a doubt wanting Ajax to win this but if United winning brings even the smallest amount of joy to anyone involved in this awful tragedy then I hope they win.

Football rivalry shouldn't matter on weeks like this.

Exactly.  Football pales into insignificance at times like this but it has a great ability to give people an outlet, and a distraction for a short time.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 24, 2017, 02:34:41 PM
+1

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 24, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Yip well said lads

Carmen Stateside

Catch a grip lads. Come on Ajax ;D

Captain Obvious

Less than hour to go. Will this team be good enough to win the Europa League final?

Carmen Stateside

Not much pace bar Rashford.  I guess he's going to park the bus

Helix

Bailly a big loss have my reservations with Blind. We won't be mad for pace though I'd say a defensive job and catch on counter. Ajax are well able to score goals but conceded a few the last tie vs Lyon. 2-1 United. Light the candles!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

GJL

Crunch time. The whole season down to one match. 😬😬

Cunny Funt

Bailly,Rojo are massive losses. Darmian i'm not convinced about either. Carrick instead of Fellaini would make more sense. Mata has looked well off the pace since he returned from inury.

magpie seanie

I'd be happier with Carrick starting, particularly with the back 4 (minus Valencia who is sound). Cmon United. Finish the set.

AZOffaly

Why us De  Gea not starting? Would you not want your best goalie starting the biggest game of the year?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Why us De  Gea not starting? Would you not want your best goalie starting the biggest game of the year?
Two top goalkeepers in fairness and DeGea didn't start any of the knock out Europa games and it wouldn't be right to drop Romero now.