Tax Rebates

Started by pintsofguinness, July 31, 2009, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

any of you know anything about getting one?

As far I can gather I should be entitled to one now with being laid off, got a bit extra in final pay packet too and I've been raped by the f**kers!!

I understand they'll automatically look in to it when I apply for dole but will I get it now or will I have to wait until the end of the financial year?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

You can get it now and it should be back-dated.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Not 100% sure POG. Ive gotten rebates before but im had to wait to the end of the financial year in order to apply for them.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ziggysego

Careful Pints.

Warning on tax refund e-mail scam

The e-mail claims to be come from HM Revenue and Customs

The PSNI's organised crime branch is warning people about a scam involving e-mails offering a tax refund from HM Revenue and Customs.

The e-mail claims to come from a tax credit officer in Preston in England.

The respondents are asked to complete a form attached to the e-mail. This is designed to capture personal banking details illegally.

A false link to an HMRC website is also on the e-mail which could download harmful viruses to computers.

The message has a genuine 0845 number that will take the caller through to an HMRC call centre.

However the e-mail address for the HMRC on this correspondence is false.

Police have advised anyone who receives such an e-mail to contact them on 0845 600 8000.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Nah I'm not THAT stupid - despite what the people who send me weekly emails about my alliance and leicester bank account think.

I dont even have an alliance and leicester bank account!

Lazer

Jobseeker's Allowance is taxable.
This means that if you think you are due a tax rebate it won't be paid until the end of the tax year.

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

pintsofguinness

I was think that myself, think if I dont earn enough to justify the tax I've already paid I will be due a rebate in April?   

The Watcher Pat

I work in benefits. You need to give them your P45. Any income based benefit is taxable. At the end of the year all your wages to date and benefits will be added up. You tax free allowance will be taken away and you will be taxed on the rest. If your are still on benefits at the end of tax year ( I hope not though) you will more than likely get all your tax back. If you get a job the SSA will issue you a updated P45 with your wages and benefits to date on it. If you give this to your next employer he will not have to tax you until  your tax paid is equivalent to what you should have paid with regard to your earnings to date.

If you need any help or anything with claiming/forms etc give me a shout.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 31, 2009, 06:45:08 PM
I work in benefits. You need to give them your P45. Any income based benefit is taxable. At the end of the year all your wages to date and benefits will be added up. You tax free allowance will be taken away and you will be taxed on the rest. If your are still on benefits at the end of tax year ( I hope not though) you will more than likely get all your tax back. If you get a job the SSA will issue you a updated P45 with your wages and benefits to date on it. If you give this to your next employer he will not have to tax you until  your tax paid is equivalent to what you should have paid with regard to your earnings to date.

If you need any help or anything with claiming/forms etc give me a shout.

Ah thanks pat, I was reading a couple of sites about it and that's what I was thinking but it's good to have it confirmed.

Makes me feel a bit better about getting raped in this months pay packet!

cheers