The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on November 07, 2010, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 09:26:37 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 07, 2010, 07:54:08 PM
Did anyone see this pack of clowns on over the weekend? That Richie one is an absolute nightmare. She has no charisma, no humour, no intellect and ... I could go on. Shower of arrogant Castle Snobs..

Solicitors Doctors & Lawyers Party.
You're right about that bundle of joy that is Margaret Richie; and it's because of her lack of charisma, humour, intellect, charm, tactical awareness, personality etc that I hope & pray she remains as the stoops leader, and with any luck will do untold damage to their electoral prospects.

Rant over.

Solicitors and Lawyers are the same thing ::)

1.  ::)
2. Is that all you have to say about my post? Does that mean you agree with everything else?

Yip, that's all I have to say...Why?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Gaffer on November 07, 2010, 10:24:21 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:21:28 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on November 07, 2010, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 09:26:37 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 07, 2010, 07:54:08 PM
Did anyone see this pack of clowns on over the weekend? That Richie one is an absolute nightmare. She has no charisma, no humour, no intellect and ... I could go on. Shower of arrogant Castle Snobs..

Solicitors Doctors & Lawyers Party.
You're right about that bundle of joy that is Margaret Richie; and it's because of her lack of charisma, humour, intellect, charm, tactical awareness, personality etc that I hope & pray she remains as the stoops leader, and with any luck will do untold damage to their electoral prospects.

Rant over.

Solicitors and Lawyers are the same thing ::)

1.  ::)
2. Is that all you have to say about my post? Does that mean you agree with everything else?

Yip, that's all I have to say...Why?

No reason. Thanks for the conversation!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

I don't understand this snobbery for such professions, especially (as has already been pointed out) as there are plenty of SF voters at University aiming to join those ranks. They may tick the SF box, but they don't want no 'average industrial wage'.

Also even (or especially) in the darkest days, getting a good education was always highly valued in the Catholic community. That having a profession is a source of ridicule baffles me.

Although I'm sure you'd never call on the services of a Doctor, Solicitor or Lawyer yourself NS.

Nally Stand

Jaysus lads ye are all awful men for getting your knickers in a twist.

What if I just stick to the original... Stoop Down Low Party? Happy everyone?

Good.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:37:51 PM

Good.
I'd rather you explained why being a professional was such a source of ridicule.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 07, 2010, 10:39:51 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:37:51 PM

Good.
I'd rather you explained why being a professional was such a source of ridicule.

Professions a source of ridicule? I don't remember ridiculing any professions.

gallsman

Sinn Fein dominance?! Oh right, you mean in the occupied six counties. By being so narrow minded and limiting your scope you're not really buying into the whole "we're an all-Ireland party" ideal, are you? So, in reality, you can't really consider yourself a Republican. How disappointing for you.

You remark on snobbery (which is just prejudice) and then crudely attempt to insult certain professions. Is that not snobbery?

So you've just found out you're a snob and you're not even a Republican? I'd call that a bad evening all round.

Maguire01

So what was the purpose of the 'Solicitors Doctors & Lawyers Party' line?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 07, 2010, 10:51:18 PM

A reference to the SDLP being a party which markets itself towards the "middle classes" and maintains minimal interest in the "working class" communities. The Alliance Party, in other words.

gallsman

I've seen Sinn Fein out and about the Malone Road on many occasions. Is this not marketing to the middle class?

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:57:22 PM

A reference to the SDLP being a party which markets itself towards the "middle classes" and maintains minimal interest in the "working class" communities. The Alliance Party, in other words.
I thought it was generally a reference to the background of the party's elected representatives. I also thought the 'S' stood for Schoolteachers.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 07, 2010, 11:05:15 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 07, 2010, 10:57:22 PM

I thought it was generally a reference to the background of the party's elected representatives. I also thought the 'S' stood for Schoolteachers.
Glad to have clarified my point. Apologies for any mass confusion.

Sin sin, mar a deirtear.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2010, 10:09:57 PM
Jesus Nally, I know lots of solicitors and doctors who vote Sinn Fein, I doubt they'd be very happy with you.

Walk into a Queen's medicine lecture or a Queens or Jordanstown law lecture and count how many country GAA tops you see, the majority of who I presume would be Sinn Fein voters.

Perhaps you'd prefer things to return to the bad old days when Catholics couldn't get work and were forced to rely on benefits to survive.
Jesus christ what a generalisation. How or why would you jump to that conclusion?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:12:45 PM
Jesus Nally, I know lots of solicitors and doctors who vote Sinn Fein, I doubt they'd be very happy with you.

Walk into a Queen's medicine lecture or a Queens or Jordanstown law lecture and count how many country GAA tops you see, the majority of who I presume would be Sinn Fein voters.

Perhaps you'd prefer things to return to the bad old days when Catholics couldn't get work and were forced to rely on benefits to survive.
Jesus christ what a generalisation. How or why would you jump to that conclusion?

Because I'm of that generation and have many friends who would be part of those lectures, perhaps?

Perhaps I should have said would be more sympathetic to Sinn Fein than the SDLP considering how many people of my generation (yes Pints, I'm reinforcing the point that my insight is a lot greater than yours) don't bother to vote.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2010, 11:22:05 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:12:45 PM

Because I'm of that generation and have many friends who would be part of those lectures, perhaps?

Perhaps I should have said would be more sympathetic to Sinn Fein than the SDLP considering how many people of my generation (yes Pints, I'm reinforcing the point that my insight is a lot greater than yours) don't bother to vote.
Right so we've gone from the majority of those wearing GAA tops in lectures would be Sinn Fein voters to many of your generation would be more sympathetic to Sinn Fein (and you don't need any major political insight in to know Sinn Fein would be more popular amongst young people).
I think you see how stupid your comment was.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?